Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

USC Trojans Thread III: The Sark Era
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to revive this thread a bit. What is up with the passing game and Kiffin's lack of half time adjustments...close game there. Also it's great to shut up Notre Dame fans who think they're all that. I'm from Hawaii and it's great that Manti Te'o is doing so well and repping the 808, but the amount of hype he has is too much.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/usc/la-sp-1006-usc-football-20121006,0,6184477.story

Lee wants to play CB. Laughing

I know Oregon recruited him to be a CB. I think he's one of those players that could probably play any skill position really, really well.

^SiLo^
EliteTexan80 wrote:
You are the aweosmenst VIKINGS FAN!

YEAAAAH!
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Time to revive this thread a bit. What is up with the passing game and Kiffin's lack of half time adjustments...close game there.

Something seemed off to me. I can't really remember Lane ever being that conservative in the passing game. They had a chance to score at the end of the 1st half to really step on their throats, but he seemed pretty content to just hand it off and let the half end. Maybe Barkley got shaken up a little when he got hit during the 2nd, or maybe it's just a complete lack of confidence in the OL to pass protect. On the OL subject, am I the only one who really doesn't like Aundrey Walker? He's not that good, gets called for too many penalties, and his effort and body language are pretty putrid.

mission27 wrote:
And she flips out like wtf I don't like that and I'm like you don't like rodents?

#JDI
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:
Time to revive this thread a bit. What is up with the passing game and Kiffin's lack of half time adjustments...close game there.

Something seemed off to me. I can't really remember Lane ever being that conservative in the passing game. They had a chance to score at the end of the 1st half to really step on their throats, but he seemed pretty content to just hand it off and let the half end. Maybe Barkley got shaken up a little when he got hit during the 2nd, or maybe it's just a complete lack of confidence in the OL to pass protect. On the OL subject, am I the only one who really doesn't like Aundrey Walker? He's not that good, gets called for too many penalties, and his effort and body language are pretty putrid.

I didn't see the first half so I can't really comment but wow was that second half awful. That could have been a factor with Kiffin (Barkley's hit). Things need to be straightened out because we don't resemble the offensive juggernaut late last season and we'll be in for shootouts even though the D is playing stellar. I agree on Walker but at this point, who would take over at LT ? I'd be afraid to let Max Tuerk take over since he's a true freshman and rookie mistakes could be deadly. I'd love to see Walker at G though....he could be a mauler or at RT.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
On the OL subject, am I the only one who really doesn't like Aundrey Walker? He's not that good, gets called for too many penalties, and his effort and body language are pretty putrid.

I'd honestly rather start Max Tuerk at this point, Walker hasn't impressed me at all this season.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Barkley is finally playing like he should. Congratulations on breaking the USC and Pac 12 passing touchdown record,

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Matt Barkley is finally playing like he should. Congratulations on breaking the USC and Pac 12 passing touchdown record,
That he was, defense definitely needs tuning up before Oregon though. Defense forced TOs in the redzone but CU had some fairly successful drives. Lee is going to be so good when he comes out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really worried about Oregon's offense to be honest. Our defensive lineman get into the backfield a lot and our linebackers can play in space, which is exactly how we beat Oregon last season.

If we beat Oregon and Notre Dame and then beat Oregon/Oregon State in the Pac-12 Championship game I think we have a shot at playing for a National Championship this season.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'm not really worried about Oregon's offense to be honest. Our defensive lineman get into the backfield a lot and our linebackers can play in space, which is exactly how we beat Oregon last season.

If we beat Oregon and Notre Dame and then beat Oregon/Oregon State in the Pac-12 Championship game I think we have a shot at playing for a National Championship this season.
I don't understand how people aren't worried.

I'm not bashing you but I was worried about Oregon vs UW/UA/&ASU.

But your not worried about the #4 team in the nation. I wish I was that confident.

Sig bet
kitsnow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

But your not worried about the #4 team in the nation. I wish I was that confident.

Don't worry USC's whole team isn't worried, per the skeptical McDonald at the question of if the defense can hang with Oregon.
kitsnow

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon has faced 4 teams who currently have a positive record, and is 4-0 against them
USC has faced 1 and it is a loss.

The one shared opponent Oregon beat by 31 and USC beat by 10.

Both teams will have additional shared opponents coming up.
Colorado where I don't think we'll exceed USC's 44 point victory despite the Vegas Line simply because we'll pull starters and put on the breaks for the 2nd half. (And I don't think we will play starters with a goal to beat a specific record past the half)

And

Arizona where I don't expect USC to beat the 49 point win or to shut them out. I actually think there may be a close game here.

USC fans are of course not worried about Oregon's Offense or Defense.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should we be worried about Oregon? I mean I understand you have a good team but we can beat you, and we will.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitsnow wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Don't worry USC's whole team isn't worried, per the skeptical McDonald at the question of if the defense can hang with Oregon.

What was McDonald supposed to say? That USC's defense isn't worthy of even stepping on the same field as Oregon? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Why should we be worried about Oregon? I mean I understand you have a good team but we can beat you, and we will.
You worrying or not doesn't affect yoru team but, I'm not sure how a fan any team's fan isn't worried about playing a top 5 team.

Like I said I was worried about ASU, UW, and UA.

I worry about games unless I feel comfortable enough to bet my car on it. If you will bet your car on USC beating Oregon you either know what I don't or you have too much money.

Sig bet
Shaq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste of a season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 14 of 56

Jump to: