Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

USC Trojans Thread III: The Sark Era
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FutureViking09


Joined: 02 Apr 2007
Posts: 617
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'm starting to lose faith in Pat Haden as our athletic director. Lane Kiffin and Kevin O'Neil are absolutely destroying our programs. At least when we had Pete Carroll and Tim Floyd running our programs we had some to vacate.


I honestly believe it would take a losing season AND a recruiting class OUTSIDE the top 25 in order for Kiffin to get his walking papers. He is not an elite coach but he is an elite talker and knows how to speak to recruits....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 36513
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FutureViking09 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
I'm starting to lose faith in Pat Haden as our athletic director. Lane Kiffin and Kevin O'Neil are absolutely destroying our programs. At least when we had Pete Carroll and Tim Floyd running our programs we had some to vacate.


I honestly believe it would take a losing season AND a recruiting class OUTSIDE the top 25 in order for Kiffin to get his walking papers. He is not an elite coach but he is an elite talker and knows how to speak to recruits....


what's the point though if that doesn't translate to wins?
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sham


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 286
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lane Kiffin can hold us over until a clear-cut, more efficient and appropriate replacement builds a buzz and establishes himself as HC candidate.

He's pulling in recruits, I'd say another year or two of Top-5 Classes (while possibly suffering unfortunate fate in the Win-Loss Columns), fire him and let the new coaching stuff come and groom our guys so they can actually develop into players that warrant their 5/4* Labels.
_________________

Stat Tracker:
* ATT | * Pass YDs | * Pass TDs | * Rush YDs | * Rush TDs


USC Trojans | Seattle Seahawks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet money that Lane Kiffin will get the boot after next season if we have another disappointing year, regardless of what our recruiting class looks like. Programs like Oregon, Stanford, and even UCLA are beginning to separate themselves as the class of the Pac-12 and if we don't do something soon it could hurt us in the long run and really set our program back a few years.

A little side note, I was impressed with what I saw out of Browne today in the Army All-American game. He throws a pretty pass, moves around better than I thought, and has a stronger arm than I thought he did. I wouldn't be surprised to see him beat out Wittek for the starting job especially considering Kiffin's job is going to be on the line next season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FutureViking09 wrote:
I honestly believe it would take a losing season AND a recruiting class OUTSIDE the top 25 in order for Kiffin to get his walking papers. He is not an elite coach but he is an elite talker and knows how to speak to recruits....


I seriously doubt Pat Haden is going to tolerate another year like this, especially if it happens again next season. The fact that we have the most talent of any school in the Pac-12 and are struggling to beat a team that couldn't even finish at .500 in the ACC in the Sun Bowl while Oregon and Stanford are winning BCS Bowls is a testament to how horrible our coaching has been.

The only reason Haden is being as tolerant as he is with Kiffin is because he kept our program afloat during all of the sanctions. Now that our bowl ban has been lifted and our scholarship reductions will be ending soon there is no excuse for us not to be an elite program competing for Rose Bowl appearances and National Championships.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly what is the point in bringing Lane Kiffin back for another season? He can't coach to save his life and our recruiting class is falling apart. I'm starting to question Pat Haden's ability to run an athletic department.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bizell


Joined: 13 Feb 2009
Posts: 1172
Location: ocala, fl
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm seeing on rivals that leon mcquay signed his LOI w/ USC
_________________

sig by sucka steve
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bizell wrote:
i'm seeing on rivals that leon mcquay signed his LOI w/ USC


Yeah he's already enrolled at classes at USC and will be participating in spring ball.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4181
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we lost Kylie Fitts.....Jesus Christ.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Shaq


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 4489
Location: USC
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is everyone so doom and gloom? This is temporary. We'll get Fitts back, we'll get Vanderdoes back, and we're going to finish with the #1 recruiting class in the nation. Calm down ffs
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaq wrote:
Why is everyone so doom and gloom? This is temporary. We'll get Fitts back, we'll get Vanderdoes back, and we're going to finish with the #1 recruiting class in the nation. Calm down ffs


And we'll be mediocre again next season and hopefully Haden and Kiffin are fired and replaced with people that want to win.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 5781
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets star a Hue Jackson in 2014 campaign!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
thelawoffices


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 14282
Location: Depths of Gillette Mountain
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Shaq wrote:
Why is everyone so doom and gloom? This is temporary. We'll get Fitts back, we'll get Vanderdoes back, and we're going to finish with the #1 recruiting class in the nation. Calm down ffs


And we'll be mediocre again next season and hopefully Haden and Kiffin are fired and replaced with people that want to win.


It'd be a pretty illogical move for Kiffin to be fired at this point. You can't put this recruiting class at risk, and you're better off letting Lane taking the lumps with the sanctions still in place.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
the guy clarified no mayo and you are so heated about this that you considered it urgent, love it

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelawoffices wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Shaq wrote:
Why is everyone so doom and gloom? This is temporary. We'll get Fitts back, we'll get Vanderdoes back, and we're going to finish with the #1 recruiting class in the nation. Calm down ffs


And we'll be mediocre again next season and hopefully Haden and Kiffin are fired and replaced with people that want to win.


It'd be a pretty illogical move for Kiffin to be fired at this point. You can't put this recruiting class at risk, and you're better off letting Lane taking the lumps with the sanctions still in place.


Our recruiting class is falling apart though. The only reason I'm semi-okay with keeping Lane around is because we can use him to ride out these sanctions and once we have all of our scholarships back fire him and find a replacement that can actually coach.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coltsmanic808


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 4181
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaq wrote:
Why is everyone so doom and gloom? This is temporary. We'll get Fitts back, we'll get Vanderdoes back, and we're going to finish with the #1 recruiting class in the nation. Calm down ffs


This is what all the guys in the Recruiting thread were saying but apparently they wanted McQuay over Fitts as an EE because McQuay had more stars or something. I don't know how valid that is, and obviously I don't go to USC so I wouldn't have any insider info, but hopefully that's not true. I do hope he decides to recommit because he's already buying /bought dorm stuff Wink

An informed USC poster somewhere online said this (he's actually on Bleacher Report but he always seems to know what's going on and was accurate on a lot of past recruiting/news updates on USC):

Quote:
Here are the facts. USC must stay under the 75 scholarship limit. Seniors who graduate in December open up a slot for an EE. Unfortunately one of the seniors who was supposed to graduate early failed a class and didn't graduate. USC had to give up one of the planned EE slots. Unfortunately, the best option was Fitts for 3 reasons:

1. He has a broken wrist that is still healing and may keep him out of most spring practices
2. He is local and can maintain contact easily with USC
3. He is a long time USC follower who is more likely to accept the delay to June

Later yesterday Fitts tweeted ‏@K_Fitts93:

"With everything that has occurred I want people to know SC is one of the nations top programs and has one of the nations best coaching staff"

If Kenny Bigelow's transcripts don't get cleared by the NCAA, Fitts may still be able to enroll early at USC.

This is a very unusual situation caused by the overly harsh NCAA sanctions that punish primarily innocent student athletes. I can certainly understand that Fitts is very unhappy and has a good reason to feel this way, however, USC made a tough decision for the good of the team. Fitts will still have the opportunity for 4 years of scholarship at USC ($200K) and this will give him time to heal and get conditioned.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 26 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group