Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Texas Longhorn Thread 3.0
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texasmade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject: Official Texas Longhorn Thread 3.0 Reply with quote

Last edited by Texasmade on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@PaulMyerberg 2 hours ago
You may be shocked to hear this, but Texas recruited Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes as a safety, per Mahomes' father.

Well this is awkward.

Adopt A Cowboy: Cole Beasley - 13 receptions, 140 yards, 0 TD
Texasmade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:
You may be shocked to hear this, but Texas recruited Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes as a safety, per Mahomes' father.

Well this is awkward.
I mean, he was in the same class as Jerrod Heard, so it's not exactly like we got that one wrong.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.
I mean, he was in the same class as Jerrod Heard, so it's not exactly like we got that one wrong.

But kinda
Deep roots are not reached by the frost

Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

But kinda
Please. If the two swapped teams, they'd find similar levels of success/struggles. Here's the thing about young QB's, if they're playing behind an offensive line that struggles in pass protection (we're 124th in the country in adj sack rate, Tech is 4th) then they're going to struggle. That's not a coincidence. The fact that Jerrod has managed to have any success is a miracle in of itself, and that's been almost entirely because of god given athletic ability. If you wanna cast shade, look up and down Tech's OL and ask we didn't offer any of them. It's a much more relevant question. Jerrod isn't the issue.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

But kinda
Please. If the two swapped teams, they'd find similar levels of success/struggles. Here's the thing about young QB's, if they're playing behind an offensive line that struggles in pass protection (we're 124th in the country in adj sack rate, Tech is 4th) then they're going to struggle. That's not a coincidence. The fact that Jerrod has managed to have any success is a miracle in of itself, and that's been almost entirely because of god given athletic ability. If you wanna cast shade, look up and down Tech's OL and ask we didn't offer any of them. It's a much more relevant question. Jerrod isn't the issue.

That's why I said kinda.

I do disagree with your proposition that if they swapped teams they'd be struggling similarly. Jerrod's biggest weakness is consistent accuracy, which Tech's pure air raid system requires to the utmost.

Similarly, I think Mahomes would be much more effective, certainly for what Shawn Watson is looking to do.

That's not to diminish what Heard has done.

Texasmade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

But kinda

That's why I said kinda.

I do disagree with your proposition that if they swapped teams they'd be struggling similarly. Jerrod's biggest weakness is consistent accuracy, which Tech's pure air raid system requires to the utmost.

Similarly, I think Mahomes would be much more effective, certainly for what Shawn Watson is looking to do.

He's not Tom Brady by any means, but he's been accurate when he has the time to set his feet, and deliver the football. He's completing 58% of his passes. Certainly not a jaw dropping number, but it's not a face palm number either. Compare that to Mahomes' 63% cmp and it's not a stretch to think Jerrod would be putting up similar numbers behind that OL, in that same system. On the flip side, it's not a stretch to think Mahomes would be running around for his life if he were playing behind our offensive line. He's having a great season, don't get me wrong, but like most successful QB's he's benefitting from having competent pieces in front of and around him. Needless to say we're not 'quite' there yet.

Shawn Watson was looking for another Teddy Bridgewater. That's neither Jerrod nor PV. Just entirely different skill sets. Maybe Mahomes is the closer parallel of the 2, but we're splitting hairs.

I'm quite curious to see who is the OC next year, because under the right guy, Jerrod has Trevone Boykin like upside.
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

But kinda

That's why I said kinda.

He's not Tom Brady by any means, but he's been accurate when he has the time to set his feet, and deliver the football. He's completing 58% of his passes. Certainly not a jaw dropping number, but it's not a face palm number either. Compare that to Mahomes' 63% cmp and it's not a stretch to think Jerrod would be putting up similar numbers behind that OL, in that same system. On the flip side, it's not a stretch to think Mahomes would be running around for his life if he were playing behind our offensive line. He's having a great season, don't get me wrong, but like most successful QB's he's benefitting from having competent pieces in front of and around him. Needless to say we're not 'quite' there yet.

Shawn Watson was looking for another Teddy Bridgewater. That's neither Jerrod nor PV. Just entirely different skill sets. Maybe Mahomes is the closer parallel of the 2, but we're splitting hairs.

I'm quite curious to see who is the OC next year, because under the right guy, Jerrod has Trevone Boykin like upside.

Good argument.

Agree with the Boykin upside. Boykin has a stronger arm, but that's about it. Heard might be a better runner though.

Blaze

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

But kinda

That's why I said kinda.

You don't think it will be Norvell?

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
Texasmade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
Jacobys Homey wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

But kinda

That's why I said kinda.

Good argument.

Agree with the Boykin upside. Boykin has a stronger arm, but that's about it. Heard might be a better runner though.
I can buy that.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blaze wrote:
You don't think it will be Norvell?
I don't. Jay should be commended for what he's done, especially under these circumstance but Charlie can't afford to make another comfort hire. I think we'd move him to co-OC/WR coach and bring in someone else. Sonny Cumbie is a name I've seen tossed around. He'd be a good fit.
Devin Kurant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

Obviously Mahomes or any Tech QB benefits from that system, but Mahomes is far better than Heard.

2016 Adopt a Cowboy: DL David Irving (1 tackle, 1 tackle for loss, 1 pass defelection)
Texasmade

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

Obviously Mahomes or any Tech QB benefits from that system, but Mahomes is far better than Heard.
Ok.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:

Well this is awkward.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Texasmade

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, it would've nice had be been able to pull at least one of Cal or OSU.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: