Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official NBA 2K13 Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Official NBA 2K13 Thread Reply with quote

Didn't see a thread for this. Tons of new info about this game is out, time to let the 2K12 die in peace.

News that the soundtrack among other things is executive produced by Jay-Z: http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/07/31/jay-zs-involvement-with-nba-2k13-confirmed-entire-soundtrack-revealed

Also, 2K is inviting several "famous" youtubers out to California to give developers suggestions to improve the game and they also get to play the game about a month and a half before release. Chris Smoove and IPodKingCarter have already gotten invites.

Last edited by l3lind golfer on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for this. If they fix the CPU cheese and tweak the passing it would be nearly perfect.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoove will no doubt add something awesome.

RIP Robin Williams
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:

They're mainly going there to tell developers what they should fix, which they will do.

I've always said, all these youtube guys who play the game as much as they do should actually work for these companies or at least advise them on the game. These guys play the game so much, they know exactly what needs to be fixed and what the problems are. Call of Duty should do the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:

They're mainly going there to tell developers what they should fix, which they will do.

I've always said, all these youtube guys who play the game as much as they do should actually work for these companies or at least advise them on the game. These guys play the game so much, they know exactly what needs to be fixed and what the problems are. Call of Duty should do the same thing.

I agree. Smoove will probably give them so many ways to improve the game. He'll probably focus on the Pick and roll, passing, plays, things that can be abused, and features. I think this is awesome that 2k is doing this. You would never find EA doing something like this.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its kinda sad though that they cant figure out this stuff themselves, when the problems are so obvious to most of us.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
Its kinda sad though that they cant figure out this stuff themselves, when the problems are so obvious to most of us.

Developers don't play the game, I think that's pretty damn obvious at this point. They need people who know how to play the game to spot things that aren't right. I'm hoping that they let guys like Smoove, etc actually play the game for days and countless hours. They're not going to be able to find any problems with the game if they only play it for a few hours.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official NBA 2K13 Thread Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Also, 2K is inviting several "famous" youtubers out to California to give developers suggestions to improve the game and they also get to play the game about a month and a half before release. Chris Smoove and IPodKingCarter have already gotten invites.

I love this idea

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Re: Official NBA 2K13 Thread Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I love this idea

As do I. I'm just hoping 2K actually lets them play the game a really good amount and then actually listens to their feedback. Honestly, if I was 2K, I would just hire Chris Smoove to a full-time position and a six figure salary. I've been saying that for the past few years, though.

However, my ONLY fear is all the guys picked so far are mainly focused on My Player. I think they really need to get some variety in there. They need to get some online players (ranked match and especially online association players). Those modes need serious fixing and I play them by far the most.

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official NBA 2K13 Thread Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I love this idea

As do I. I'm just hoping 2K actually lets them play the game a really good amount and then actually listens to their feedback. Honestly, if I was 2K, I would just hire Chris Smoove to a full-time position and a six figure salary. I've been saying that for the past few years, though.

Brilliant idea IMO

Let different individuals with different styles let their influence help the game

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Nihc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official NBA 2K13 Thread Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I love this idea

However, my ONLY fear is all the guys picked so far are mainly focused on My Player. I think they really need to get some variety in there. They need to get some online players (ranked match and especially online association players). Those modes need serious fixing and I play them by far the most.

TIL that you're Smoove Wink

2013 Adopt-a-Patriot - Tommy Kelly
Tackles: 19 | Sacks: 1.5 | QB Hits: 5 | TFL: 1 | Fumble Recoveries: 1
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see lots of changes to the 2K online association features. Also, fix the servers. That is my #1 issue with NBA 2K12 by far and I haven't seen any youtuber complain about it, probably because all they do is play My Player, which is an offline game mode. That's why I'm saying, they need to bring in some guys who play online.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Official NBA 2K13 Thread Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I love this idea

Agreed. I mostly play online. And I don't understand, for the life of me, why they don't have an online random team match. For those people sick of playing the same 5 teams.

Oh, and they DESPERATELY need a cool down period for people that leave team up matches. That would make it so that after 2-3 minutes of the match, the game that was 5 on 5 isn't 2 v 2, like everytime. If you want to leave the match, that's fine. You'll just have to wait 15 minutes before looking for another match.
Spooky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I really played was online association, thought it was great but would love to see changes in that. Hopefully they do bring someone in.
ninerfan225

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please fix:
Shot clock cheese
up and under cheese
passing (Shouldn't always have to resort to icon passing)
fix defense(it's annoying when opponent glides right by defender for layup)
Give players realistic features! Ray Allen shouldn't be doing windmills, Richard Jefferson and Vince Carter are dunking like it's 2003, and it seems every damn player can shoot the three.
Also every player has Hakeem/Kobe footwork in 2k12
Fix online servers.

This is just at the top of my head but if this is all fixed, 2k13 will be the best basketball game ever.

Matthouston91 on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 1 of 78

Jump to: