Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns CB Joe Haden facing possible 4-game NFL suspension
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkness

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Darkness wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Adderall if snorted becomes speed. No way of telling how someone takes it which is why it's banned, as well as the masked steroid use as stated.

I like Joe, but he deserves whatever punishment he gets.

This is a common misconception and that statement is false. Adderall is speed period, speed is slang for amphetamines which is all Adderall actually is (more specifically a racemic mix of 4 amphetamine salts), snorting Adderall and taking the pill orally produce the same basic results, only difference being the onset is quicker and a little stronger when snorting it but doesn't last as long, orally it's onset takes longer and is a little weaker but the effects last longer.

It's also a common misconception that users who have ADD or ADHD do not feel the speed effects of Adderall. Not true, it depends on the dose...in smaller doses the effects are minimal but we DO still have them, in larger doses it doesn't matter if you have ADD/ADHD or not...you will get the speed rush.

You can't talk about drugs like that on here I'm pretty sure.

This is in direct connection with the story. I don't see Moderator anywhere near your AVY so play your position. Now....... Back to the regularly scheduled program!

Dude, when you start talking about the effects of snorting substances, I think the conversation has ventured off a little too far lol

Back to Haden. Not sure where I read this, but is it true you have to get caught twice in order to be suspended? If so, I wonder if he has a pretty bad problem, because you'd think he would have gotten the message the 1st time.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Dude, when you start talking about the effects of snorting substances, I think the conversation has ventured off a little too far lol

Back to Haden. Not sure where I read this, but is it true you have to get caught twice in order to be suspended? If so, I wonder if he has a pretty bad problem, because you'd think he would have gotten the message the 1st time.

^^^ What he said.

Back to Haden. So far as we're aware the substance in question is Adderall. There's really no reason to discuss the substance any further. Let's stick to how this affects Haden, the Browns, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

^^^ What he said.

Back to Haden. So far as we're aware the substance in question is Adderall. There's really no reason to discuss the substance any further. Let's stick to how this affects Haden, the Browns, etc.

I actually found rob_shadows post quite interesting. I didn't know the effects adderall had on you.

Anyways, I don't think a suspension will lose them any games. Better get that pass rush going.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice if they got this done soon, so he won't be there in week 1 against the Eagles.

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Darkness wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:
Adderall if snorted becomes speed. No way of telling how someone takes it which is why it's banned, as well as the masked steroid use as stated.

This is a common misconception and that statement is false. Adderall is speed period, speed is slang for amphetamines which is all Adderall actually is (more specifically a racemic mix of 4 amphetamine salts), snorting Adderall and taking the pill orally produce the same basic results, only difference being the onset is quicker and a little stronger when snorting it but doesn't last as long, orally it's onset takes longer and is a little weaker but the effects last longer.

It's also a common misconception that users who have ADD or ADHD do not feel the speed effects of Adderall. Not true, it depends on the dose...in smaller doses the effects are minimal but we DO still have them, in larger doses it doesn't matter if you have ADD/ADHD or not...you will get the speed rush.

This is in direct connection with the story. I don't see Moderator anywhere near your AVY so play your position. Now....... Back to the regularly scheduled program!

From how I read it, if you test positive once, they pull the B sample and test it a second time, if it comes back failed, then you get suspended. So it's not exactly two failed tests. The policy is a little misleading.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
Darkness wrote:
rob_shadows wrote:
BenchSanchez wrote:

I was only referencing the effects to correct the previous post, the post indicated snorting adderall turns it into speed. I was simply using my knowledge as someone who takes adderall daily by prescription to correct that misconception and pointing out that it has the effects of "speed" regardless on how you take it. This pertains directly to the story as it helps people understand why the league would ban the substance. I certainly was not and would never suggest anyone should or condone anyone partaking in using Adderall or any drug in an illicit manner.

I could understand if there were to be an argument about whether Adderall should or should not be legal without a script, etc...(as often happens when a certain other drug comes up in conversation on here). But if I broke the rules by simply letting everyone know what it does and why the league would ban it...then I know how players feel when they get punished for taking substances they are prescribed...lol.
Jamison.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a huge blow for the Browns. Adderal doesn't even work that well in my opinion. Sucks, because Haden is a Top 5 CB.

Jamison.'s Gallery
Sciz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/11/source-haden-took-adderall-as-a-pick-me-up-in-vegas/

Yeah, that doesn't help his case at all.
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeyL. wrote:
Without a prescription adderall is treated as an amphetamine , that could be what the issue is. like many have said before, not an expert but that could help shine some light on why he would be facing a 4 game ban if he IS NOT on a prescription.

Virgil Green failed it last yr and he had a prescription but he started taking it before submitting paperwork ect... for an exception. He has had his reduced by a game IIRC.

Its a hit for Browns defense. If the article about him in Vegas is true then he's definitely getting suspended. Hopefully its a learning moment for him.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/11/source-haden-took-adderall-as-a-pick-me-up-in-vegas/

Yeah, that doesn't help his case at all.

That's really not smart of him. He seems like a good guy, but that's just careless.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
The NFL officially announced the expected 4-game suspension of #Browns CB Joe Haden.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/245271840631713792
Tom Brady Tribute
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:
The NFL officially announced the expected 4-game suspension of #Browns CB Joe Haden.

Just in time for the Bengals game...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, do the crime do the time. Trevin Wade has been impressing in the pre-season, certainly no match for AJ Green.

Hopefully the Bengals get shell-shocked by the Ratbirds tonight and spin into a talespin. Otherwise, its going to be a rough one
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
***Update***
Quote:

Just in time for the Bengals game...

Get out of my head... Evil or Very Mad

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
pnies20

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Well, do the crime do the time. Trevin Wade has been impressing in the pre-season, certainly no match for AJ Green.

Hopefully the Bengals get shell-shocked by the Ratbirds tonight and spin into a talespin. Otherwise, its going to be a rough one

Well we certainly dont have another Joe Haden but we are extremely deep at corner. It shouldn't be that bad. Especially if our front 7 plays well again.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: