Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dent vs. Lofton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Dent vs. Lofton Reply with quote

Interesting look at their athleticism compared to each other. Let's compare the two at the combine:
Ht - Dent 6'1", Lofton 6'0" = adv - Dent
Wt - Dent 242, Lofton 246 = adv - Lofton
40 yard - Dent 4.73, Lofton 4.67 = adv - Lofton
20 split - Dent 2.72, Lofton 2.65 = adv - Lofton
10 split - Dent 1.70, Lofton 1.59 = adv - Lofton
Shuttle - Dent 4.38, Lofton 4.54 = adv - Dent
3-cone - Dent 6.93, Lofton 7.52 = adv - Dent
Bench - Dent 24 reps, Lofton 23 reps = adv - Dent
Vert - Dent 37-1/2", Lofton 32" = adv - Dent
Broad - Dent 10'3", Lofton 9'4" = adv - Dent

So Dent has the agility, jumping ability and the strength over Lofton. Lofton just has straight line speed over Dent.

As far as him being a leader, Dent was a team captain at Georgia for his leadership. Every scouting report known to man had him listed as an intelligent player. Some of what I've heard about him around the team is that he is the hardest worker in the gym, he's always trying to improve and there is no one that compares to his work ethic outside of Ryan. That's high praise.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Dent looked like he could potentially be better than Lofton today. Curtis might have made a few more plays in the run game, but Dent seems to be more athletic, and better at blitzing, and seems to make more splash plays. We can hope he grows into the leader for our D that Lofton was, but with Weatherspoon do we really need him to be? Dent is more of a quiet guy, and Lofton was that way as well. Dent was still a team captain at Georgia though, which tells me that he's a similar type of leader that Lofton is and that he just needs time to grow with our players to step into that role.
In today's league I would rather have Dent so far Very Happy

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Honestly Dent looked like he could potentially be better than Lofton today. Curtis might have made a few more plays in the run game, but Dent seems to be more athletic, and better at blitzing, and seems to make more splash plays. We can hope he grows into the leader for our D that Lofton was, but with Weatherspoon do we really need him to be? Dent is more of a quiet guy, and Lofton was that way as well. Dent was still a team captain at Georgia though, which tells me that he's a similar type of leader that Lofton is and that he just needs time to grow with our players to step into that role.
In today's league I would rather have Dent so far Very Happy

Dent was a captain in last night's game. It wouldn't shock me if he stays one. Dude is a leader behind the scenes and once he gets more comfortable will be a Jessie Tuggle type leader that Is professional on field but will get in a guys face on the sidelines if an assignment is busted.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the concussion he sustained doesn't give lingering side effects and he will be ready for preseason game 2 vs cinci. Dent looks solid and he came from a defense that can be compared to Nolan's schemes.
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Hopefully the concussion he sustained doesn't give lingering side effects and he will be ready for preseason game 2 vs cinci. Dent looks solid and he came from a defense that can be compared to Nolan's schemes.
They have already mentioned Dent most likely will not play in the Cincy game.
Mekias

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering how Lofton is feeling with the start contrast between the Falcons and Saints this year. He's playing on one of the worst statistical defenses ever in the NFL and the team he left is undefeated and pretty much a lock for the playoffs.

Dent didn't look too good early on but he's improved in the last few games. I'm still not sure I want him playing outside linebacker but there's not much to choose from if one of Weatherspoon/Nicholas are hurt.

Speaking of which, hopefully Spoon is back this weekend. We really need him in this matchup. Regardless of the Saints' record, they're capable of outscoring us. It wouldn't be a surprise if the Falcons lose to them in New Orleans.

Edit: Unfortunately, Spoon is out against the Saints. I think we'll need to put a safety on Graham or he's going to blow up against us.
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya not having Spoon is really gonna hurt us against Brees and Co especially when it comes to dealing with Graham

Im nervous boys, I think this and the NYG game are the two that might knock us down a notch or two

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: