Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Transfer and Rumor Thread #7- Ba to Chelsea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1152727/zenit-in-discussions-to-transfer-nani-from-united?cc=5901

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD OHMYGOD

Quote:
Big-spending Zenit St. Petersburg have been in negotations to acquire Manchester United winger Nani, the Russian club's general director confirmed on Thursday.

The Portugal international did not enjoy the best of starts to the new Premier League season, turning in a poor display at Everton that saw him subbed and then dropped from the next game.

"'It's true we are negotiating for Nani and [Joao] Moutinho, but Hulk and Witsel were our top priorities," The Daily Mail quoted Zenit's Maxim Mitrofanov as saying.

Deadpulse on the sig
Imarobot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap Zenit might be awesome. They're a team I always love to watch and root for in the CL. It's cool to see them grab some big players and still looking for more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenit is ballin'.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 249 rush yds(8.3), 388 rec yds(11.4), 4 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.2), 65 rec yds(7.2), 2 TDs
Freeman: 636 rush yds(5.6), 37 rec yds(7.4), 11 TDs
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Texans head just exploded!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently ridiculous (8-10m euros/year) wage demands have scuppered the move.

I hate this guy Brick wall

Deadpulse on the sig
RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Nani is trollin so hard! Anyone who pays him that much....they mad!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nani for having high wages. And its nice to know some new information BTerp.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Touche. I was getting a dig in. I knew they were a respectable team in terms of position in the 90's but didn't realize they won that healthy of an amount of trophies.
Dunno if it's all that much to write home about. It's basically the FA Cup twice and the UEFA Cup once, as the Super Cup and Community Shield are glorified exhibitions. It's better than nothing of course, but you sound like Kenny Daiglish if you really try to get too excited about those kinds of side competitions.

I'd also point out... for all the flack that opposing supporters want to give Arsenal for a trophy-less seven years, we've still never come close to the gaps between winning the league that so many have had.

Prior to Roman, Chelsea was on a 51 year drought of having not hoisted the big one. United were on a 26-year drought prior to winning the PL in '93. Liverpool are currently on a 22 year drought. City's win last season broke a 44 year drought. Spurs haven't won the PL since '60, so they're rocking a lovely 52 year drought.

I'm not pointing this out to tout off Arsenal as being massively superior. We've had our gaps as well (two different 18 year droughts from '52 to '70 and '70 to '88), just that droughts happen. They're not as uncommon as some zealous supporters want to make them out to be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sad. Nani is a Premier League treasure

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
I am sad. Nani is a Premier League treasure

Personally, I believe we should pass the hat to ensure that Nani stays with United for the rest of his natural life... and moves on to become a technical coach them at some point as well.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Touche. I was getting a dig in. I knew they were a respectable team in terms of position in the 90's but didn't realize they won that healthy of an amount of trophies.
Dunno if it's all that much to write home about. It's basically the FA Cup twice and the UEFA Cup once, as the Super Cup and Community Shield are glorified exhibitions. It's better than nothing of course, but you sound like Kenny Daiglish if you really try to get too excited about those kinds of side competitions.

I'd also point out... for all the flack that opposing supporters want to give Arsenal for a trophy-less seven years, we've still never come close to the gaps between winning the league that so many have had.

Prior to Roman, Chelsea was on a 51 year drought of having not hoisted the big one. United were on a 26-year drought prior to winning the PL in '93. Liverpool are currently on a 22 year drought. City's win last season broke a 44 year drought. Spurs haven't won the PL since '60, so they're rocking a lovely 52 year drought.

I'm not pointing this out to tout off Arsenal as being massively superior. We've had our gaps as well (two different 18 year droughts from '52 to '70 and '70 to '8Cool, just that droughts happen. They're not as uncommon as some zealous supporters want to make them out to be.

Theres a pretty big difference in not winning the league and not winning even a single trophy.

^Joe_is_the_best
DaveDX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, for so long I've wanted Nani out of my life, but now that he was almost gone, I realized I'd miss his wasteful ways (even if his occasional moment of brilliance will probably be against City...again).

Turns out it was a dude.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xfaxtor wrote:
The LBC wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

I'm not pointing this out to tout off Arsenal as being massively superior. We've had our gaps as well (two different 18 year droughts from '52 to '70 and '70 to '8Cool, just that droughts happen. They're not as uncommon as some zealous supporters want to make them out to be.

Theres a pretty big difference in not winning the league and not winning even a single trophy.

Uh, they won the Emirates cup a few times.
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
The LBC wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

We even ousted Real Madrid for it once, although did lose it to NY Red Bulls so.. kinda evens out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
teamorange wrote:
Xfaxtor wrote:
The LBC wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:

We even ousted Real Madrid for it once, although did lose it to NY Red Bulls so.. kinda evens out.

According to the official wikipedia page, you have never ousted Real Madrid.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 74 of 99

Jump to: