Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers is an elite athlete when compared to Andrew Luck. Sure Luck has a little more bounce in his step and can even escape the pocket like mobile QB, he does not have the pure athleticism that Rodgers has.

Just going to have to agree to disagree here. Luck on the field and off (look at this combine numbers) has shown me he is every bit the athlete that Rodgers is, and then some to be honest.

MUFC OK
Donut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Aaron Rodgers is an elite athlete when compared to Andrew Luck. Sure Luck has a little more bounce in his step and can even escape the pocket like mobile QB, he does not have the pure athleticism that Rodgers has.

Just going to have to agree to disagree here. Luck on the field and off (look at this combine numbers) has shown me he is every bit the athlete that Rodgers is, and then some to be honest.

His play style and the fact everyone was comparing his #s w/ RG3 gave him a stigma of not a very good athlete. luck is going to be great. Even though it was STL's defense from what I've heard its still impressive(looking off S w/ his eyes ect)... I've always liked Luck.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders Cowboys game was quite possibly the worst half of football I have ever seen.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
The Raiders Cowboys game was quite possibly the worst half of football I have ever seen.

Is it me, or is Kyle Orton being Kyle Orton...bad interception...then a long drive for a FG?
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
Andrew Luck is far, far more of an athlete than Peyton Manning ever was. Just because he passes from the pocket, doesn't mean he is Peyton Manning. I would go as far as to say he is more athletic than Aaron Rodgers.

See I disagree.

While I dont disagree Luck is more athletic than Manning, his still not even in the same sentence as Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers is an elite athlete when compared to Andrew Luck. Sure Luck has a little more bounce in his step and can even escape the pocket like mobile QB, he does not have the pure athleticism that Rodgers has. Everyones looking at Manning for what he is now, remember back in the late 90's and early 00's when he was moving more gingerly than the last 5-7 years.

Andrew Luck is a better athlete than A-Rod, based on Combine numbers. I've said it before: If RG3 wasn't in the draft, we would be hearing about how athletic Andrew Luck is.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacoby Ford was terrible Laughing

terrelle pryor looked like a chicken with its head cut off.

raiders'd and Mcfadden look great.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:

Agree with everything.

But I'm taking everything with a grain of salt, this team has a lot of kinks to work out with all these new systems. The cowboys o line would make any D look great, so I'm not getting over hyped about that either, but it was nice to see none the less.

McFadden just gets better every year, it's crazy. Now he just needs to stay healthy Evil or Very Mad
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Im not big into combine numbers.

Athleticism to me is based off play on the field. Luck doesnt show the same athleticism that Rodgers has.

Its agree to disagree. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Athleticism to me is based off play on the field. Luck doesnt show the same athleticism that Rodgers has.

I don't know that I've ever seen Aaron Rodgers do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4_w-puInqY

He is athletic, but to me Luck is more athletic.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck is more athletic than Rodgers not really even a debate. If it were arm strength then that'd be a different story.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I don't know that I've ever seen Aaron Rodgers do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4_w-puInqY

He is athletic, but to me Luck is more athletic.

Maybe you should learn what athleticism is before joining a debate. That run by Andrew Luck is all power running. C'mon man. Theres no true athleticism there except his straight line speed.

Maybe you should watch this play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtQYfpW_neE

Not only does this show athleticism but it was actually against NFL players, not some scrub Cal defense. Oh yeah, did I mention it was against two of the best defenders in the game and arguably one of the best of all-time?

Gimme a break.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:

You guys know a lot about Allen. He seems to know how to get players in position to make plays. First time since I can remember the Raiders defense playing smart football and holding each other accountable.

Work in progress, but have to like what Allen brings to that side of the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than the Broncos/Bears game I watched the first half of the Charger/Packer game and both teams looked sloppy.

As far as the Luck/Rodgers debate, both have to be respected and both are excellent athletes at the position. I don't doubt that athletically Luck could do many of the same things Rodgers does, but I doubt you'll ever really get to see it. Their styles of play are much different. Luck brings more of a Manning approach to the game. More methodical and on time. Rodgers is Favre 2.0 and uses his athleticism/arm strength to improvise more often.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Other than the Broncos/Bears game I watched the first half of the Charger/Packer game and both teams looked sloppy.

As far as the Luck/Rodgers debate, both have to be respected and both are excellent athletes at the position. I don't doubt that athletically Luck could do many of the same things Rodgers does, but I doubt you'll ever really get to see it. Their styles of play are much different. Luck brings more of a Manning approach to the game. More methodical and on time. Rodgers is Favre 2.0 and uses his athleticism/arm strength to improvise more often.

I think this is exactly what I was trying to say before all this other stuff started. Well done germ-x (as always)

Luck will always be compared to Manning, not because of the Colts, but because of style of play.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohy my god the Rams and Colts offensive line play looks bad.

Also, having watched the 1st half of the Rams/Colts game, Isaiah Pead didn't look even remotely impressive.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30

Jump to: