Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Also, having watched the 1st half of the Rams/Colts game, Isaiah Pead didn't look even remotely impressive.

Interesting. Pead was a huge favourite of Greg Cosell's before the draft.

MUFC OK
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:
Also, having watched the 1st half of the Rams/Colts game, Isaiah Pead didn't look even remotely impressive.

Interesting. Pead was a huge favourite of Greg Cosell's before the draft.

Personally, I thought Pead looked pretty good. Explosive, had some nice runs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw some quickness around the edge with Pead. I didn't see any explosion. And I think I know explosion pretty well. Tatum Bell for example is a guy who was never a great back and had many of the same flaws in perhaps even more dramatic a fasion but he was a threat to make a big run everytime he touched the ball and he could build up speed with a real suddeness. Darren McFadden has some explosion, especially right as he touches the ball. I didn't see any of that in Pead. Except for one play, when he received the ball he had a pretty average burst and I didn't see a sudden change of speed in the open field or anything. He's a lot like Lorenzo Booker(not saying he won't be better, but similar player), a dancer with good quickness but not explosive ability or power. And mind you he didn't even look impressive as a dancing back because he slipped on at least three plays.

I saw a guy who can usually gain positive yardage(no big plays though) when he makes people miss and struggles otherwise(and that's being nice, for this game he didn't otherwise struggle he was otherwise terrible). A guy who is a very easy tackle for a defender(goes down very quickly), he will go down with arm tackles. Also many times defender would go low in relatively open areas and Pead would immediately go down. Defensive linemen and Linebackers don't often tackle explosive guys low, they can't even catch them well enough. With Pead it happened repeatedly. Not a hint of power or strength, avoids contact, lots of wasted motion, not amazing balance, not a quick decision maker, and the terrible "dancing" quality that has done in many a back. So many negative plays are caused by this sort of tendency. I didn't see any toughness either(didn't even try to recover his fumble). I wasn't impressed.

He showcased an impressive looking, but ultimately useless spin move on a return and he showed ok quickness around the edge if you want to be generous. He showed comfort running stretch plays. On one play he was fairly quick off the ball(but not quick enough to run by anyone). That's about the only positives I saw. Frankly I thought his offensive line gave him room to make plays more often than not(except for the Center getting push far backwards when he was asked to block one on one) and I don't think he capitalized. His best run was an outside play where literally a Linebacker took a very bad angle and basically gave Pead a wide open lane to run through outside. He almost never made defenders missed, never made them miss for positive yardage, and never even came close to showing the ability to run in congested areas.

I really think how easy the guy goes down bothers me the most. I wouldn't be surprised if his receiving skills are good but as a back he sure looked a St. Louis Rams draft pick to me.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the Raiders game now, and boy has their Offense been bad. Their ZBS looks very rusty and I still don't think highly of Carson Palmer in that Offense. Darren McFadden's only good run so far (13 mins left in the 2nd) has come off a power run. That said, he is so electric in space in the passing game. They had 3 plays from the 1 yard line to get in and got denied on all 3.

Their Defense on the other hand looks very impressive. Looks like stunts are going to be a big part of the Defensive front 4 of the Raiders. Shaughnessy is very good and exploding through the Guard/Tackle gap whilst stunting, and Tommy Kelly (for now) appears to have a rocket lit up his backside.

MUFC OK
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the Cardinals game or the week 1 matchup you're talking about lomaxgr?
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
I believe its the Cardinals game.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

As far as the Luck/Rodgers debate, both have to be respected and both are excellent athletes at the position. I don't doubt that athletically Luck could do many of the same things Rodgers does, but I doubt you'll ever really get to see it. Their styles of play are much different. Luck brings more of a Manning approach to the game. More methodical and on time. Rodgers is Favre 2.0 and uses his athleticism/arm strength to improvise more often.

Noooooo no no no no. rodgers is definitely not favre 2.0. Sorry but just because they wore the same jersey does not make them the same. Same for luck and manning. I'd say cutler or romo are much closer to favre. I don't want to ever see that last sentence again. Rodgers uses his brain and accuracy to improvise more so then his arm strength. He throws to the open receiver or takes off when scrambling. Favre threw to whoever he saw in the same jersey regardless of their coverage status and when he didn't see anyone he took off.

As for luck manning those two players are just so different they really aren't comparable.
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Cardinals.

MUFC OK
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell Wilson, does he now have the starting gig?

Impressive Shocked

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Molsted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Watching the Raiders game now, and boy has their Offense been bad. Their ZBS looks very rusty and I still don't think highly of Carson Palmer in that Offense. Darren McFadden's only good run so far (13 mins left in the 2nd) has come off a power run. That said, he is so electric in space in the passing game. They had 3 plays from the 1 yard line to get in and got denied on all 3.

Their Defense on the other hand looks very impressive. Looks like stunts are going to be a big part of the Defensive front 4 of the Raiders. Shaughnessy is very good and exploding through the Guard/Tackle gap whilst stunting, and Tommy Kelly (for now) appears to have a rocket lit up his backside.

Seems Allen has made his mark on the team? Did we use a lot of stunts last year on the d - line?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Impressive Shocked

Jersey had that kid pegged way early. Looks like he was right.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount_truth wrote:
germ-x wrote:

As far as the Luck/Rodgers debate, both have to be respected and both are excellent athletes at the position. I don't doubt that athletically Luck could do many of the same things Rodgers does, but I doubt you'll ever really get to see it. Their styles of play are much different. Luck brings more of a Manning approach to the game. More methodical and on time. Rodgers is Favre 2.0 and uses his athleticism/arm strength to improvise more often.

Noooooo no no no no. rodgers is definitely not favre 2.0. Sorry but just because they wore the same jersey does not make them the same. Same for luck and manning. I'd say cutler or romo are much closer to favre. I don't want to ever see that last sentence again. Rodgers uses his brain and accuracy to improvise more so then his arm strength. He throws to the open receiver or takes off when scrambling. Favre threw to whoever he saw in the same jersey regardless of their coverage status and when he didn't see anyone he took off.

As for luck manning those two players are just so different they really aren't comparable.

I think you took my post too literal.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molsted wrote:
Seems Allen has made his mark on the team? Did we use a lot of stunts last year on the d - line?

A fair bit. Not always to our advantage(see Patriots games).

Defenses that rely on stunts from the front four are inherently flawed by the way, in that they have practically no answer for a quick passing offense.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Impressive Shocked

Jersey had that kid pegged way early. Looks like he was right.

So did I. He's doing the exact same things he did at Wisco. More QB's like him should follow suit and join our pro-ready offensive system.
dbronx42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Cassel had a hard time against Seattle...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: