Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back, would Turbin have been a better pick than Hillman?
Donut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
So the Colts really needed to punch some of those drives into the end zone.

Losing Arians killed them. They didnt have much of a shot w/ a QB coach calling his first game.
JRebar913 wrote:

Both have so few carries its hard to really say one is way better than the other. You need to see what they do next yr and improvements they make.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:

I dont think so.

Peyton Manning needs a quick back in his no-huddle offense. Hillman can be that.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:

I had him on my list!

If you guys wanna take a look at our Re-Draft thread

http://216.92.118.141/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490366&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I feel good about my re-draft after their first season.

Quote:
#37) Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama
#57) Lavonte David, OLB, Nebraska
#67) Brandon Thompson, DT, Clemson
#101) Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State
#108) Philip Blake, C/G, Baylor
#137) Ryan Lindley, San Diego State
#188) Brandon Washington, G, Miami

On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanahan's an idiot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The crux of a dual threat QB:

Do you maximize the potency of an offense by integrating both running and passing plays, or do you feature more the passing game in order to preserve your player?

If I was Shanahan, I'd ditch that pistol/read-option offense and start anew in the offseason. Griffin is not of the stature of Newton (who'd last longer in Wash's attack).

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a dilemma I wouldn't want to face as an NFL HC.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Shanahan's an idiot

Yea, not the best move. His knee was slowly falling apart all game long. I realize you want to win in the playoffs, but leaving him in was just asinine. Now look what happened. Shanahan's never had very good judgment when it comes to playing injured players.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This made me happy. Laughing

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Do you maximize the potency of an offense by integrating both running and passing plays, or do you feature more the passing game in order to preserve your player?

If I was Shanahan, I'd ditch that pistol/read-option offense and start anew in the offseason. Griffin is not of the stature of Newton (who'd last longer in Wash's attack).

I want a passing QB and them to remain healthy. Luck and run and is a good athlete but he'll remain in the pocket and throw. I'd take Luck over RG3 still. Personally Pocketpasser>injury prone dual threat. I think its more fun to watch those guys liek RG3 and Vick playing great football but its better imo to have Rodgers, Luck or Brady type QB.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it ironical that the Broncos have played all of the remaining NFC in the Super Bowl, sans the Seahawks who was a long time division rival?
JRebar913

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Is it ironical that the Broncos have played all of the remaining NFC in the Super Bowl, sans the Seahawks who was a long time division rival?

and 2-1 against them in the super bowl
Very Happy

at least we know who the best teams in the afc are. same 4 from last year are playing in the divisional round this year
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Why do people always say this? None of Griffin's injuries this season have been because of the option. His two regular seasons injuries were due to scrambling on passing plays. Pocket passing Quarterbacks take many malicious hits and I think the option has actually led to much less hits for Griffin. If you asked him to stand back there and go through multiple progressions and read coverages all the time with Tyler Polumbus as his RT he would take much more hits and the Redskins wouldn't have had a good season. Passing more is not a way to preserve a player, certainly not one who is still learning the NFL game.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of free agents next year, I have to say I've been impressed with Pat Sims of the Bengals this year. I know several people talked about him as a potential signing last year and I didn't know much about him. But he looks bigger this year and he's been giving teams a lot of trouble in the run game every time he's played. The only problem with him is he seems to get nicked up too much. He might be worth a look if he goes under the radar.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Why do people always say this? None of Griffin's injuries this season have been because of the option. His two regular seasons injuries were due to scrambling on passing plays. Pocket passing Quarterbacks take many malicious hits and I think the option has actually led to much less hits for Griffin. If you asked him to stand back there and go through multiple progressions and read coverages all the time with Tyler Polumbus as his RT he would take much more hits and the Redskins wouldn't have had a good season. Passing more is not a way to preserve a player, certainly not one who is still learning the NFL game.

One is inclined to deduce that from what one sees on the playing field. But you are right, I haven't checked whether his knee injury came from a designed run or broken play. I would still say, though, that Shanahan runs him into the ground. No matter imploding protection, too much time taken in the pocket, broken plays or designed runs... that all cannot help considering RGIII's frame. And in the end, the designed runs I'd let go of completely.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't. The designed runs in terms of the option are some of the better things Griffin does and it makes defenses rush him much more tentatively. He's not getting the kind of pursuit and hits in the pocket that Rex Grossman was last year and it's mostly because of defenses playing tentative due to the threat of a multi-dimensional running game.

This isn't like Tim Tebow with Denver where we're pulling Zane Beadles and having Tebow run behind him in congested space. Griffin is mostly running in open field and the play action game which simplifies things for Griffin(and gives you max protection) has been so much more effective partially because of the combination of the pistol formation and the defense worrying about option plays.

I'm sure Washington will cut down on the option the more Griffin improves as a passer and reader of the defense, namely because they won't need to run it as much. But I don't see any reason to abandon it completely. Griffin taking shots in the pocket would worry me even more than in the open field. Actually all of the hits that have bothered me this season with regard to Griffin have been either passing plays or plays where he was simply not making a decision with the ball on the option soon enough, and I haven't seen any of the latter in the second half of the season because Griffin has obviously learned his lesson.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: