Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rest of the NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
Looking back, would Turbin have been a better pick than Hillman?

Yes. I would much rather have an every down back then a scat-back. They have different roles obviously but if Knowshon goes down I would much rather have Turbin back there than Hillman.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillman fitted a need of an explosive back he was the right pick.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:

Not that I dont dislike Hillman, because I do, but I haven't seen much expolsion to date.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncsDominate wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

Not that I dont dislike Hillman, because I do, but I haven't seen much expolsion to date.
I am surprised he hasn't broken more big runs, but we do play him quite a bit at the end of games to just run out the clock.

When he is getting meaningful carries its easy to see the burst and quickness he has. But he does need to perform better next season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:
Looking back, would Turbin have been a better pick than Hillman?

Yes. I would much rather have an every down back then a scat-back. They have different roles obviously but if Knowshon goes down I would much rather have Turbin back there than Hillman.

that was one reason why i thought of this question. saw turbin play last night he wasnt too bad. im not disappointed by hillman though. i think he can have a big impact here in the playoffs and continuing into next season.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shanahan screwed RGIII and the rest of the team. He faces a long rehab in a short amount of time. Looks like Cousins will be playing early next year.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would easily take Turbin over Hillman. I wasn't a fan of the Hillman pick, but thought he would be reasonably productive as a scatback. It's obvious the guy is quick with speed, but thus far i have found him to be unimpressive.

As far as RGIII goes, as i said in week 4 or 5, unless things change his career could be ruined before it even starts.

IMO, it is a combination of coaching and RGIII himself. I watched the first 4 or 5 Redskins games and he took a beatings. It seems to me part of it is play calling (i recall a few QB draw play calls that basically asked him to take hits) and the other part is RGIII not knowing how to avoid hits.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget Hillman is the youngest player in the NFL (correct me if I'm wrong) and we saw very limited snaps of him. I am a big fan of his, I would say he has been very inconsistent and indecisive but I think with more playing time (experience) and understanding his job duties in this offense he will be much better.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
IMO, it is a combination of coaching and RGIII himself. I watched the first 4 or 5 Redskins games and he took a beatings. It seems to me part of it is play calling (i recall a few QB draw play calls that basically asked him to take hits) and the other part is RGIII not knowing how to avoid hits.

You're right about the Quarterback draws leading to hits, though in the end they only ended up running these in one or two games early in the season. They abandoned these plays. There was also one trick play against Pittsburgh that went not as the coaching staff expected and Griffin took a huge shot. But the majority of hits Griffin has taken were the result of him being indecisive or trying to extend plays, or just the fact that Quarterbacks often take shots in the pocket.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I would easily take Turbin over Hillman. I wasn't a fan of the Hillman pick, but thought he would be reasonably productive as a scatback. It's obvious the guy is quick with speed, but thus far i have found him to be unimpressive.

As far as RGIII goes, as i said in week 4 or 5, unless things change his career could be ruined before it even starts.

The last few weeks when Hillman has been quicker on his decision making, he's picked up yardage in good clips. He's a different player now than he was earlier in the season when he danced more. I'm reserving judgement on him because it's a super small sample size (holy alliteration Batman).

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: