Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cundiff vs Tucker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you think will be the 2012 kicker?
Billy Cundiff
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Justin Tucker
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 26

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad we made this move -- not because I don't like Cundiff, because I think he's better than his AFCCG miss, and defended him a lot after. I'm glad we made this move because we chose the better guy -- we brought him in for a competition, he pretty easily won that competition and if we were to keep Cundiff, then that just makes any "competition" laughable. Tucker earned his spot on this roster, and I'm glad the coaches recognized that. Looking forward to seeing how he does this year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling cundiff will be a jet in the next few days
ceejay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think with the little bit of extra cap sapce we kick the tires on a guy like Shawne Merriman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
You think with the little bit of extra cap sapce we kick the tires on a guy like Shawne Merriman

Why not? If anyone could reignite soeone's fire, it would be Ray. Plus, Merriman went to UMD Wink

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful news. Tucker was obviously the better kicker and looks very promising. I would have been pissed to keep Cundiff and see Tucker get picked up by another team to kick field goals against us. He looks really good so far.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kid. I kid. Laughing

Sucks for Billy, but it had to be done. He really didn't showcase anything in camp or the pre-season to warrant keeping him over Tucker. And given his contract and his 'history', it was a no-brainer. I think the biggest thing though was that when the NFL implemented the new kickoff rules last year, they essentially took away about 50% of what made Cundiff such a valuable kicker for us (i.e. when he set the touchback record). Without that, he was just a middle-of-the-pack kicker with spotty accuracy.

Glad to see some fresh blood at the position though. As is the token expression around Baltimore, maybe Tucker can be our NEW Matt Stover? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won!!! Justin Tucker did NOT die! So uh... Three people that wanted Cundiff to win the job... Suck it!

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:

God I hope not... I'd rather see the money actually spent well than essentially wasted. The guy is done, he's not coming back, and he'll never be more than a shell of his former self. That knee is just donezo.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
ceejay wrote:

God I hope not... I'd rather see the money actually spent well than essentially wasted. The guy is done, he's not coming back, and he'll never be more than a shell of his former self. That knee is just donezo.

You tell him Zack Morris I mean Flaccomania LOL.
ceejay

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
ceejay wrote:

It's not his knee that is his biggest issue. It's not being on HGH anymore I think.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
ceejay wrote:

It's not his knee that is his biggest issue. It's not being on HGH anymore I think.

It's 100% his knee. The more "fun" story is that he sucks because he's not on roids anymore, but it's due to his knee. He lost his explosion.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens.com wrote:
Cundiff also said that his track record speaks for itself, and that "If that's not good enough, I'll take my services elsewhere to be perfectly honest."

Excuse me for being late to the punch bowl... but wow! Is it me or did Cundiff seem very much like a 7 year old with his post game comments? Not that I ever wanted Cundiff but the Ravens invested a ton of money in Cundiff, paid him handsomely last year for him to fraud the whole season... yet he makes these types of sharp remarks. Clearly he's a delusional guy. He was in a competition for his job all summer and he CLEARLY lost the competition for his job. You'd think he'd be a little more grateful. Most teams would have cut him directly after that horrible 2011-2012 season he had capped off by an even worse ending.

Cundiff is a punk. He acts as if he had a choice to "take his services somewhere else"... he was already being taken to the cleaners. Why talk tough at the outset? Cundiff was all, "Yeah I'm not really competing for this job, I'm really competing with myself to get better... the other guy is just here because of his haircut" until the competition got rough and then he's all "well the way the coaches tell me, as long as I look good, I'm not competing" until he's about to get cut and he's like "my track record speaks for itself... so I've made a DECISION to take my services elsewhere." His lack of preparedness and clutch ability cost us a chance at winning the AFCCG and then we stick with him and he's got the nerve to play this "bitter" card.

Glad he's gone.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, now i don't have to post that Hulk GIF!!!!!!!!

THERE IS SOME COMMON SENSE HERE!

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
drd23

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll all be seeing Cundiff later this year - he signed with the Redskins Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
We'll all be seeing Cundiff later this year - he signed with the Redskins Laughing

Man, I wish it was a home game -- can you imagine how loud he'd get boo'd after those types of comments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: