Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Liverpool Thread III: He Scores, He Saves, Hes Gerrard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more experienced played. Coutinho was a good get, but golly we need a DM to cover Lucas. Someone with experience and doesn't mind the backup role. And preferably over 26 please.

I doubt we get a LB because I think with Kelly back(when/if he ever gets back) they'll think it's like adding more depth.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just hard to expect a quality DM to be a back up to Lucas. The only best compromise I thought of is BR targeting someone who can play just a straight up CM, but has plenty of ability to take over at DM. Not every realistic, but it's not an ideal situation. Either that or loaning Lucas until he gets up to full fitness. Don't think that will happen. Clasie makes a lot of sense since he does have the DM mentality, but isn't restricted to that role since he is on the small side. Strootman might be more ideal, but he's probably going to United.

I just saw that Enrique, Johnson, and Reina should be ready for the match on Wednesday. What a relief. I hope I don't have to talk about Downing or potentially Ince having to cover that position any time soon.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, since it seems that Danny Graham will probably leave Swansea, I wonder if Brendan will look at him.
ukjets21

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully not, he isn't good enough for us.

Suarez, Sturridge and Borini are fine. Considering it'll likely be two of them and Downing/Sterling.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not feeling so good about all this bad press. Now Skrtel and BR are at odds along with Robinson. Eh.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here he is!
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Not feeling so good about all this bad press. Now Skrtel and BR are at odds along with Robinson. Eh.

I don't think BR is at odds with Skrtel is he? He just called him out.

Truth be told I liked it but at the same time hated it. I liked it because he called the team out which rightfully so should be called out. I didn't like it because he supported certain players that didn't deserve to be shielded from the blame.

I think Skrtel and co. needed a swift kick up the backside, but I think Allen and co. could've used it to. Hendo didn't though.

ThinkICare

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:

I don't think BR is at odds with Skrtel is he? He just called him out.

Just rumors at the moment.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skrtel has been quite poor this season. I don't mind Rodgers calling him out. He was supposed to be the leader of the defense against Oldham but in the end, he got bossed by Mike Smith... Was listening to Guardian Football Weekly today and they were mentioning that this is a pattern with Liverpool struggling against more physical CF like Benteke and Kenwayne Jones. This is Skrtel's role. He is 6'3 and not the most technical or mentally consistent player. If he can't bully opposing CF, that is a huge concern.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we definitely need a more physically imposing CB. Mirin/Kouyaté types. Wonder if there will be any last minute deals for a CB or wait 'til summer.

Edit: Also good to know Coutinho transfer was successful. I had heard the rumors of him possibly getting no.10 , but didn't quite believe. So he did. I wonder if Rodgers will play him exclusively as a no.10 .
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depressing to give up the 2-0 lead. Onwards and upwards, though.

On an unrelated note:

Quote:
BR: '"If Tom stays at Blackpool [in this window] it doesn't mean he will never come to Liverpool"

Seems like BR is trying to put plenty of pressure on Oyston to sell Ince with the offer Liverpool already put on the table awhile back. Be interesting to see what happens.

And...

The agent of Lazio CB Modibo Diakite had this to say:

Quote:
Lazio defender Mobibo Diakite's agent: “Liverpool are our first choice for June. It would be very difficult to say no to a club like that."

Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a CB in this window I think. Send Coates out on loan, and need someone who can step in for Skrtel/Agger and do well(though Carra didn't do bad at all today!).

Apart from that, Sturridge was a bit off, but once he matures you can see he'll be good for us. He puts himself in position to make a play more times than not.

Suarez looked incredibly tired, I'm worried about the game against Man City. I also wouldn't mind putting in Borini for Downing.

Wisdom looked out of his depth. Again. We need more FB depth. Gahhhh

ThinkICare

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just briefly forgot about the Suarez brilliance early in the match.

Shocked
dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only watched the second half cause there was a replay on TV when I came home from work. This defense is in wreck. Without Lucas in form, there is no dominating player in the midfield that can protect the backline. Also our full backs were consistently challenged by the pace of the Arsenal wingers. Rodgers must definitely be from the current Ferguson mode. Defensive issues. Buy more attackers...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doni is finally officially gone to Botafago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 82 of 100

Jump to: