Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Liverpool Thread III: He Scores, He Saves, Hes Gerrard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wyzzinator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Just briefly forgot about the Suarez brilliance early in the match.

Shocked

Sturridge was really quite a handful as well.. held the ball up really well up there on his own once Rodgers decided to play deeper.

Liverpool could have put this game far out of reach in the 1st half/early in the 2nd, that said once Arsenal got back in it I thought there was only one team that was going to win it.

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:

Sturridge was really quite a handful as well.. held the ball up really well up there on his own once Rodgers decided to play deeper.

Liverpool could have put this game far out of reach in the 1st half/early in the 2nd, that said once Arsenal got back in it I thought there was only one team that was going to win it.

Arsenal did very well. Liverpool had the much more luckier goals, but I'll take 'em. Laughing

I give plenty of credit to Wenger for putting together a nice attacking team. Giroud, Cazorla, and Walcott are all quality. When it was still 2-0, I was thinking they had to get another goal. Sadly it didn't come to fruition. Sad

That Suarez chance late was inches wide. Depressing.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The D is costing this team games. They really really need to get it together. It's veterans who are making stupid mistakes.

We should've won this game. And the Arsenal game. Yet we're leaking too many goals, and looking far too rattled at the back.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
The D is costing this team games. They really really need to get it together. It's veterans who are making stupid mistakes.

We should've won this game. And the Arsenal game. Yet we're leaking too many goals, and looking far too rattled at the back.

Reina cost us this game with rushing out to Aguero, the defence didn't have a bad game. I'm really getting sick of Reina's stupid mistakes.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:

Reina cost us this game with rushing out to Aguero, the defence didn't have a bad game. I'm really getting sick of Reina's stupid mistakes.

I thought Agger played the first goal pretty poorly.

Apart from that, Sturridge played great. So far this signing is turning out to be a boss signing. Scored at OT and now at Etihad. The guy can play. Gerrard's goal was magnificent. Suarez played well.

Downing needs to go to the bench. Against big teams he just crumbles. He doesn't have the mentality.

ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agger could have done better no doubt but it wasn't stupidity on his behalf like the second goal was.

I was wrong on Sturridge he's been great so far, links up brilliantly with Suarez as well. We need to seal these wins though.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What goals by Sturridge and Gerrard. Gerrard with one of his old school goals again. Just amazing.

Great performance by Sturridge who had a thigh sprain it seemed through most of the match. Looked in pain.

Reina has to close Sergio down if he's coming out like that. Disappointing error by him.

Hate only taking away 1 point when the squad looked bright most of the time.

Btw, that hold up play from Sturridge was brilliant. That one perfectly placed pass to Hendo was jaw-dropping as well. Too bad Hendo didn't place a pass to Luis while they were on the break.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that Reina said Liverpool can't compete with the big clubs financially and mentally. Think that's true, but it seems like he's growing weary of the club. Seeming much more likely he might go back to Spain.
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Saw that Reina said Liverpool can't compete with the big clubs financially and mentally. Think that's true, but it seems like he's growing weary of the club. Seeming much more likely he might go back to Spain.

I thank him for everything that he's done for us, but I wish him well on his new career in Barcelona.

ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:

I thank him for everything that he's done for us, but I wish him well on his new career in Barcelona.

Dunno if he'll go there. They probably want someone younger and better. Although that is where he probably wants to go.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Dunno if he'll go there. They probably want someone younger and better. Although that is where he probably wants to go.

I think it would happen even as a short term option for them, Barcelona needs a sweeper type of keeper that can play with a high line and is comfortable with the ball. Reina is perfect for that role. The only other alternative seems like De Gea. I know the media loves to bash him for mistakes (that Joe Hart seems to also make but are ignored) but SAF would be stupid to let him go. Marino is another young keeper at Villareal but I dont really know a lot about him. Reina seems like a great stop gap until the next great player emerges from La Masia. I still think a lot of Reinas issue is motivation and playing for a non title contending team. I think he would be a lot of focused at Barcelona.

Personally, I just hope Liverpool goes after a ter Stegen or Leno and not focus on Butland. I think Butland is a good keeper just not on the German keepers level.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a rumor floating around that you guys were looking at Guillermo Ochoa to replace Reina. He's killed it in Ligue 1.

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
Imarobot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
There was a rumor floating around that you guys were looking at Guillermo Ochoa to replace Reina. He's killed it in Ligue 1.

I remember him beasting at América. Would be hell of a signing for Liverpool.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:

Yeah, apparently there were scouts at one of his matches the last week apparently. Don't know much about Ochoa besides him being pretty inconsistent.

Nothing against Ochoa since I don't know much about him and know a little more about some of the promising younger keepers.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:

Personally, I just hope Liverpool goes after a ter Stegen or Leno and not focus on Butland. I think Butland is a good keeper just not on the German keepers level.

ter Stegen and Rafael Cabral. My pipe dreams for Liverpool. Leno is quality, but I get the feeling that he's just starting there at Leverkusen.

I think it's pretty safe to say Butland won't be focused on since he signed for Stoke.

I assume Butland wouldn't go to Stoke if he didn't have some sort of assurance he'd get in the 1st team. Wonder where Begovic will end up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 83 of 100

Jump to: