Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Liverpool Thread III: He Scores, He Saves, Hes Gerrard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukjets21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get Hooper personally.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how long is it going to take for Anfield to be redeveloped? 1 year? 3 years? 10 years?
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
So how long is it going to take for Anfield to be redeveloped? 1 year? 3 years? 10 years?

Unknown for sure at this point. I think the the target is for 2014? 60,000k capacity and more luxury boxes.

There's still some red tape before it can be done, it's not really my area of expertise. As always I would recommend looking at RAWK where there's a lot of intelligent debate on the situation.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:

Unknown for sure at this point. I think the the target is for 2014? 60,000k capacity and more luxury boxes.

There's still some red tape before it can be done, it's not really my area of expertise. As always I would recommend looking at RAWK where there's a lot of intelligent debate on the situation.

Intelligent debate on RAWK?

That's a first.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Intelligent debate on RAWK?

That's a first.

RAWK does a great job on things outside of footballing aspect of the game. I remember some really good discussion on stats because there are a few posters who are statisticians in real life and made informative infographics and charts. Also, when it comes to Hillsborough and now Anfield, the community is really well informed and doesn't just post emotional brash responses. However, it is always fun to go into an Andy Carroll thread or one about Man United to laugh at the ridiculousness.

The biggest hurdle right now seems to be finding a fair deal with the existing homeowners. David Conn has a good article about that on The Guardian but the main issue is that in a down housing market, homeowners are unwilling to sell on market value because they don't feel that it is indicative of the true value of their homes. Not sure how willing FSG and the Liverpool council is willing to pay but a money issue to me seems like the easiest ones to fix.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see us buying both Hooper and Remy. Our depth is pretty poor up front so extra players up front wouldnt be a bad idea.

Two ST and a back up DM would be a pretty good window in my opinion.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
dotmotion

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

José Reina's hamstring adds to strain on Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers
Quote:
The Liverpool goalkeeper José Reina has handed Brendan Rodgers another injury problem having returned from international duty with a hamstring strain. The 30-year-old complained of a sore hamstring after warming up during Spain's World Cup qualifier against France on Tuesday, when he was an unused substitute for the 1-1 draw in Madrid.

Doubt over Reina's fitness, if only for the Reading match, is another frustration for Rodgers, who had Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson involved in England's delayed World Cup qualifier with Poland and has lost Fabio Borini for three months with a broken foot.

Liverpool confirmed on Wednesday that Borini, their £10.5m summer signing from Roma, is to undergo surgery on a fractured right foot and will be out until January.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
José Reina's hamstring adds to strain on Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers
Quote:
The Liverpool goalkeeper José Reina has handed Brendan Rodgers another injury problem having returned from international duty with a hamstring strain. The 30-year-old complained of a sore hamstring after warming up during Spain's World Cup qualifier against France on Tuesday, when he was an unused substitute for the 1-1 draw in Madrid.

Doubt over Reina's fitness, if only for the Reading match, is another frustration for Rodgers, who had Steven Gerrard and Glen Johnson involved in England's delayed World Cup qualifier with Poland and has lost Fabio Borini for three months with a broken foot.

Liverpool confirmed on Wednesday that Borini, their £10.5m summer signing from Roma, is to undergo surgery on a fractured right foot and will be out until January.

So what's up with Doni? Has he reappeared yet?
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets see if Brad Jones can produce a performance. It is Reading, but we need to be on top of our game.

I'm a little worried about some of the senior members in our squad. Gerrard/Johnson played a game late in the week for England. Reina's hammy is sore. I also wonder how Suarez playing at a high altitude in Boliva will affect him.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:

So what's up with Doni? Has he reappeared yet?

Last I heard he was in Brazil. Pretty confident Brad Jones can do a decent job.
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesil has been included in the Reading squad. It'll be interesting to see whether or not he makes the bench.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Yesil has been included in the Reading squad. It'll be interesting to see whether or not he makes the bench.

What does that mean? The game is on Saturday...
dotmotion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:

Oh. Didn't play for the reserves yesterday or today. So that makes sense.

Building on previous rumours. Rodgers came out and said Suso is close to signing a new contract
Quote:
“He will sign a new contract later which shows our commitment to him and shows he is very happy here and feels he has hope, which is important,” said Rodgers.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see Mourinho's words on Sahin? His wording is a little weird, but it sounds like he's got half a mind to sell him in the summer already. He talks about the necessity to make a profit on his sale, rather than mention anything about keeping him around.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1194283/real-madrid%27s-jose-mourinho:-nuri-sahin-will-cost-liverpool?cc=5901

Quote:

"Sahin? He is still at Real, he is on loan to Liverpool, and we did not spend a euro for him. He is young and is evolving in a championship that will help him to grow. And, if we want to sell tomorrow, we sell very well," Mourinho told France Football.

Mourinho says all players should be sold for a profit, including Sahin, who moved from Borussia Dortmund for £7.8 million in 2011 He cited Didier Drogba as another example, describing the striker as "the greatest player in the history of Chelsea".

"Everyone makes mistakes [in recruitment]. Look at the greatest player in the history of Chelsea, Drogba, it was me who signed him. In England, no one knew who he was.

"Another example, Tiago. It was not a great move for Chelsea, but sold him for more than we bought him for from Benfica. Do not forget the economic aspect is important.

"You can have sporting success and a good shot economically. And sometimes we are wrong about everything. It happens."
Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rejoice:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/543461_10151338310107573_1030854697_n.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 36 of 100

Jump to: