Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official NBA Live 13 Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Official NBA Live 13 Thread Reply with quote

Anyone else excited for this game. I'm picking this up without a doubt. Some new news dropped today possibly suggesting that this game may be a digital release. I see several cons to that and some positives.

What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Live getting back in the game; I'll wait to play a demo prior to purchasing this though.

Does anyone know if there's any news on an NCAA game this year?
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I'm looking forward to Live getting back in the game; I'll wait to play a demo prior to purchasing this though.

I'm assuming you mean NCAA basketball. And no, I haven't heard anything about it, I really wish they would bring them back.

As far as Live goes, they should try to make the game like $39.99 if they can to stir up more interest in the game.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

I'm assuming you mean NCAA basketball. And no, I haven't heard anything about it, I really wish they would bring them back.

As far as Live goes, they should try to make the game like $39.99 if they can to stir up more interest in the game.

It sucks that they stopped making the NCAA games, those are by far the most entertaining games to play. I was just looking at prices for NCAA 10' and it's still $40.00 new, what the hell.

If it's a digital release it would be very smart of them to drop the price a tad, and give them an edge over 2K. However, this is EA, they're not going to reduce the price on anything.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is gonna be God awful.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
If it's a digital release it would be very smart of them to drop the price a tad, and give them an edge over 2K. However, this is EA, they're not going to reduce the price on anything.

True. Making it a digital release only would present huge issues for a lot of people, one being hard drive space. Another being that they can't resell the game to get some money back in the future. Because of those issues and the fact that EA hasn't made a basketball game in two years; a price drop is necessary (and I think is going to happen. Seems like they would need the permission of the NBA from what I've read).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:

Based off of what?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:

Based off of what?

1. EA's track record is not good. They have not made a good basketball game in years and their last effort was so terrible that the game was cancelled because of how broken it was.

2. Their showing at E3 was a disaster. The people that saw the game said it looked terrible.

3. We haven't heard one thing about the game since E3. Some people were even questioning whether not the game was cancelled until just a few days ago when EA said that it is still in development.

4. Apparently, their development cycle has been even shorter than 2K's, which is weird considering they haven't released a basketball game since 2009.

Yeah...I'll just stick to 2K.

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:

Sweet. A game where I can barely play a game online and have had COUNTLESS online association games simmed due to terrible servers.

I'm getting both games, but lets wait and see how Live 13 looks before making judgements. Who cares what people at E3 said? Those people are probably as biased as you are.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:

Sweet. A game where I can barely play a game online and have had COUNTLESS online association games simmed due to terrible servers.

I'm getting both games, but lets wait and see how Live 13 looks before making judgements. Who cares what people at E3 said? Those people are probably as biased as you are.

Live 13 apparently looked so bad they cut there E3 stuff short. I like EA but they're going to be well behind after not making an NBA game in a while.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:

I don't play online in sports games so I really don't care.

Plenty of people commented on how poor Live looked at E3. Not just random people on youtube, but well known gaming websites such as OperationSports and IGN.

By the way, I'm not biased. I just want a good basketball game. If 2K games sucked and Live games were good, you can bet that I would be buying Live instead of 2K. I have no attachment to 2K or EA. If EA made a great basketball game I'd gladly pay up.

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never understood why so many people dislike the NBA Live series. I really enjoy the LIVE series and I'm stoked for it to make a comeback. I also love how people act like NBA 2K is this perfect game, when in reality it has just as many issues as the LIVE games have had.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:

Based off of what?

1. EA's track record is not good. They have not made a good basketball game in years and their last effort was so terrible that the game was cancelled because of how broken it was.

2. Their showing at E3 was a disaster. The people that saw the game said it looked terrible.

3. We haven't heard one thing about the game since E3. Some people were even questioning whether not the game was cancelled until just a few days ago when EA said that it is still in development.

4. Apparently, their development cycle has been even shorter than 2K's, which is weird considering they haven't released a basketball game since 2009.

I came in to post all of this. I wouldn't be surprised if Live stopped making games again after this year.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
I never understood why so many people dislike the NBA Live series. I really enjoy the LIVE series and I'm stoked for it to make a comeback. I also love how people act like NBA 2K is this perfect game, when in reality it has just as many issues as the LIVE games have had.

Live wasn't bad on PS2, but it has been absolutely terrible on the 360 imo.

I'm sorry, but saying 2K has "just as many issues as Live" is just false. 2K is obviously not perfect ans has its issues, but it is much more polished than Live.

Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:

Live wasn't bad on PS2, but it has been absolutely terrible on the 360 imo.

I'm sorry, but saying 2K has "just as many issues as Live" is just false. 2K is obviously not perfect ans has its issues, but it is much more polished than Live.

Saying it's been absolutely terrible is a far stretch - the last installment was still pretty good, IMO[obviously].

The 2K series as a whole has plenty of issues - from the online gameplay, the servers, the cheesy up and unders, the half court bullet, the robotic animations, the loss of "My Crew", the CPU and their unstopable low post defense[how does Steve Nash block Dwight Howard?].

I dig the 2K series, but I'm stoked for the return of NBA Live.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: