Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a strong showing, Ezekiel Ansah has moved into the top 10 as a prospect.

Dare I say would it be our luck that this is the guy we have been waiting for since Abe was traded?

Can you make the case that he could vault to the top as best OLB prospect and Moore falls to us at 9 ?

What do you guys think?

Him at 9
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop with the Ziggy Ansah talk. It's getting rediculous. He's this year's Quinton Coples.

[]_[] Family
xenajets

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Dion Jordon's injury and the fact he wont fit in a 4-3 because people question his weight being too low what are the chances we could trade back maybe even twice and pick him up between 17-25

We could pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick if we traded back that far then that could be used to get someone like Manuel and still bolster the offensive talent around him

Many thanks to IDOG_det on the sig
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
Stop with the Ziggy Ansah talk. It's getting rediculous. He's this year's Quinton Coples.

And what was wrong with the Coples pick ?
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
JMG wrote:

And what was wrong with the Coples pick ?

Think he means more he is a 4-3 or 3-4 End rather then a 3-4 OLB... He's already 270 and he looks like he could still put on a decent amount more weight without losing a step
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pace Plays at 270.

I want a guy to get to the QB and win 1-1 battles.

I can't imagine a REX D with a legit Pass Rusher.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy played LB at BYU... It's not a question of whether he can play the position, more of a question if he's worth the risk at 9
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Pace Plays at 270.

I want a guy to get to the QB and win 1-1 battles.

I can't imagine a REX D with a legit Pass Rusher.

He is at 275 and will be about 280 at training camp.

He won't be our OLB. end of discussion.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
With Dion Jordon's injury and the fact he wont fit in a 4-3 because people question his weight being too low what are the chances we could trade back maybe even twice and pick him up between 17-25

We could pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick if we traded back that far then that could be used to get someone like Manuel and still bolster the offensive talent around him

I think he slides to the second half of the 1st. You figure 2 QBs, 3 DTs, 3 OTs, a FS, a Wr, 3 OLBs (or DEs depending upon the team), a Cb, an ILB, a OG, and maybe Mingo will be drafted ahead of him. That drops him to at least 18.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Okafor is what our defense needs. Mingo/Jordan are too light in the [inappropriate/removed], Ansah is too raw, and Moore and Werner will be gone by our pick. If we can't trade back, I'd take him at 9. If Mingo/Jordan aren't reaches at 9, neither is Okafor. He's a better player.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:

Huh? Quinton coples was a projected top 5 pick since the second the 2011 draft ended.... Ziggy has only recently becme relevent

Also coples knock was effort and production... Ziggys is inexperience. So I dont understand how ansah is this years coples?

Also, ansah is way to inexperienced for a top 10 pick at this point. Him and mingo seem like equally worrisome prospects to me. Top 10 shoupd have a more immediate impact player, ansah would take at least a season learn to play in coverage
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superbowlbound wrote:
JMG wrote:

Huh? Quinton coples was a projected top 5 pick since the second the 2011 draft ended.... Ziggy has only recently becme relevent

Also coples knock was effort and production... Ziggys is inexperience. So I dont understand how ansah is this years coples?

Also, ansah is way to inexperienced for a top 10 pick at this point. Him and mingo seem like equally worrisome prospects to me. Top 10 shoupd have a more immediate impact player, ansah would take at least a season learn to play in coverage

Okafor...

N E W Y O R K J E T S
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Alex Okafor is what our defense needs. Mingo/Jordan are too light in the [inappropriate/removed], Ansah is too raw, and Moore and Werner will be gone by our pick. If we can't trade back, I'd take him at 9. If Mingo/Jordan aren't reaches at 9, neither is Okafor. He's a better player.

You might be right. Dion says he is trying to hit 250 by combine. So I'm waiting to see what he comes in as , but Okafor seem like the Rex type of player. Good all around player with size and a burst off the edge. Some point during the season, I said that I liked Okafor more than I liked Jarvis Jones as a 3-4 OLB.

When this thread hits 100, who is going to start the #2 draft thread?
jetskid007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okafor should be available in the late 1st-early 2nd and would be a perfect fit for this defense. He should go higher, but he lacks the elite speed/quickness/athleticism that Jones, Moore, Mingo, and Jordan possess. Still, I think he's going to be a hell of an NFL player.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we don't go QB this year.

Next year's class is stacked, even without Bridgewater.

Terry Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, Aaron Murray, Stephen Morris, Tajh Boyd, and Derek Carr are all guys I would consider the #1 QB if they were in this class. I'm particularly high on Bridgewater and Bortles, I think they will end up being the top 2 QB's off the board in '14. Then you have guys like David Fales, Brett Smith, Bryn Renner, Marcus Mariota, Devin Gardner, Brett Hundley, A.J. McCarron, hell even Braxton Miller who would give Wilson, Glennon, etc. a run for their money.

That's 15 QB's. 15. We'd be dumb to go QB this year.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: