Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jet Life


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 110
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is we don't have the cap room to sign those pass rushers in free agency. If we're gonna improve our pass rush, it's gonna have to be via the draft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46906
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
Problem is we don't have the cap room to sign those pass rushers in free agency. If we're gonna improve our pass rush, it's gonna have to be via the draft

Once you factor in the money carried over from last year and cutting Jason Smith, Bart Scott, and Calvin Pace, we are around $24 million under the salary cap.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32569
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a nice mock I made, but with the win I have to change it a little.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jet Life


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 110
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Problem is we don't have the cap room to sign those pass rushers in free agency. If we're gonna improve our pass rush, it's gonna have to be via the draft

Once you factor in the money carried over from last year and cutting Jason Smith, Bart Scott, and Calvin Pace, we are around $24 million under the salary cap.

And I'm sure most of that money will be saved for next season to help re-sign Revis to a long term deal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46906
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jet Life wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Problem is we don't have the cap room to sign those pass rushers in free agency. If we're gonna improve our pass rush, it's gonna have to be via the draft

Once you factor in the money carried over from last year and cutting Jason Smith, Bart Scott, and Calvin Pace, we are around $24 million under the salary cap.

And I'm sure most of that money will be saved for next season to help re-sign Revis to a long term deal

He ready has a cap hit of around $9.5 million. This won't change that much.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Problem is we don't have the cap room to sign those pass rushers in free agency. If we're gonna improve our pass rush, it's gonna have to be via the draft

Once you factor in the money carried over from last year and cutting Jason Smith, Bart Scott, and Calvin Pace, we are around $24 million under the salary cap.

And I'm sure most of that money will be saved for next season to help re-sign Revis to a long term deal

He ready has a cap hit of around $9.5 million. This won't change that much.
However he is right. He would most likely wants between 16-17 million. Which is a boatload. I really don't know if I want us to attack any FA pass-rusher this year. I just think it's a big gamble. What recent FA pass-rushers have succeeded after they've gotten their big deal?
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46906
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Problem is we don't have the cap room to sign those pass rushers in free agency. If we're gonna improve our pass rush, it's gonna have to be via the draft

Once you factor in the money carried over from last year and cutting Jason Smith, Bart Scott, and Calvin Pace, we are around $24 million under the salary cap.

And I'm sure most of that money will be saved for next season to help re-sign Revis to a long term deal

He ready has a cap hit of around $9.5 million. This won't change that much.
However he is right. He would most likely wants between 16-17 million. Which is a boatload. I really don't know if I want us to attack any FA pass-rusher this year. I just think it's a big gamble. What recent FA pass-rushers have succeeded after they've gotten their big deal?

We can also clear about $6 million from cutting Eric Smith and Tim Tebow. Let's hope we actually do that. Laughing

Julius Peppers.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jet Life wrote:
Problem is we don't have the cap room to sign those pass rushers in free agency. If we're gonna improve our pass rush, it's gonna have to be via the draft

Once you factor in the money carried over from last year and cutting Jason Smith, Bart Scott, and Calvin Pace, we are around $24 million under the salary cap.

And I'm sure most of that money will be saved for next season to help re-sign Revis to a long term deal

He ready has a cap hit of around $9.5 million. This won't change that much.
However he is right. He would most likely wants between 16-17 million. Which is a boatload. I really don't know if I want us to attack any FA pass-rusher this year. I just think it's a big gamble. What recent FA pass-rushers have succeeded after they've gotten their big deal?

We can also clear about $6 million from cutting Eric Smith and Tim Tebow. Let's hope we actually do that. Laughing

Julius Peppers.
Okay, Peppers. Anyone other than that? I mean, Peppers was a clear-cut superstar.

Don't get your hope up with cutting those two players. I highly doubt Tebow is cut. Especially after giving up a 4th for him. He is fairly effective on Special Teams and is nice spelling Sanchez from time to time.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7160
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Allen is a beast. He was the whole offense yesterday.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Keenan Allen is a beast. He was the whole offense yesterday.
Haven't gotten a chance to see him. I've heard "complaints" that he's going to be a really good pro, but he will never be elite.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7160
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Keenan Allen is a beast. He was the whole offense yesterday.
Haven't gotten a chance to see him. I've heard "complaints" that he's going to be a really good pro, but he will never be elite.


I don't know about that. His QB is holding him back. Yesterday his QB was 14/23 189yds 1td 2int's. .... Allen had 11 catches, 166yards, and 1td. If he had a real QB, his numbers would be even better.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Keenan Allen is a beast. He was the whole offense yesterday.
Haven't gotten a chance to see him. I've heard "complaints" that he's going to be a really good pro, but he will never be elite.


I don't know about that. His QB is holding him back. Yesterday his QB was 14/23 189yds 1td 2int's. .... Allen had 11 catches, 166yards, and 1td. If he had a real QB, his numbers would be even better.
I really have to watch this guy. Although I don't want a WR in the 1st, if he's that special I wouldn't mind it.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7160
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Keenan Allen is a beast. He was the whole offense yesterday.
Haven't gotten a chance to see him. I've heard "complaints" that he's going to be a really good pro, but he will never be elite.


I don't know about that. His QB is holding him back. Yesterday his QB was 14/23 189yds 1td 2int's. .... Allen had 11 catches, 166yards, and 1td. If he had a real QB, his numbers would be even better.
I really have to watch this guy. Although I don't want a WR in the 1st, if he's that special I wouldn't mind it.


I don't want one either, but if we did, I want Allen. The good thing is the FO won't feel like they have to keep Holmes if we are loaded at the position. But we have to many needs this year.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 46906
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Keenan Allen is a beast. He was the whole offense yesterday.
Haven't gotten a chance to see him. I've heard "complaints" that he's going to be a really good pro, but he will never be elite.


I don't know about that. His QB is holding him back. Yesterday his QB was 14/23 189yds 1td 2int's. .... Allen had 11 catches, 166yards, and 1td. If he had a real QB, his numbers would be even better.

The QB is his brother.
_________________

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7160
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Keenan Allen is a beast. He was the whole offense yesterday.
Haven't gotten a chance to see him. I've heard "complaints" that he's going to be a really good pro, but he will never be elite.


I don't know about that. His QB is holding him back. Yesterday his QB was 14/23 189yds 1td 2int's. .... Allen had 11 catches, 166yards, and 1td. If he had a real QB, his numbers would be even better.

The QB is his brother.


Yeah, he sucks.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 24 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group