Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones Drew open to be traded
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...Lions are looking to trade for a RB...
Reiff + Pick for one of Maurice or Rashad (one will be traded by next year)

#JDI
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

What makes you think one of our backs will be traded next year?

Still overvaluing runningbacks I see. In what world is a 27 year old runningback worth basically a first rounder then some?

But if this scenario were possible, Reiff would solidify our line for quite a while and also allow Rackley to be groomed at center. A potential 2013 starting five offensive line all under 27 would be great.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings is a FA after the season.
Maurice is already holding out, why not make the choice at who is the feature back. And if it is going to Maurice, then trade Jennings now to get something for him.

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

If you're gonna dream, dream big

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

If you're gonna dream, dream big

Pretty much, if any deal gets done, it will be for a mid-round + conditional pick. But I see them trading with a Carolina or New Orleans.

#JDI
MoJo122-b-21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Maurice is already holding out, why not make the choice at who is the feature back. And if it is going to Maurice, then trade Jennings now to get something for him.

Both players have more value to us than they would in a trade. Regardless, there isn't a whole lot of trade value in runningbacks anymore (if there ever really was) and the notion that teams are going to come off valuable draft assets as well as young, ascending players is just beyond me. MJD is good, elite - but his value was highest when he was selected and at no point was he worth much, if any more than where he was taken in the first place. The guy has only managed one injury free season as the primary back in six seasons.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jennings will be extended during the season if he shows he can be the starter. I just can't imagine a scenario where Jennings has FA value and isn't back in teal.

MJD won't likely be getting another contract here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved in a draft day trade or cut shortly thereafter.

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

Both players have more value to us than they would in a trade. Regardless, there isn't a whole lot of trade value in runningbacks anymore (if there ever really was) and the notion that teams are going to come off valuable draft assets as well as young, ascending players is just beyond me. MJD is good, elite - but his value was highest when he was selected and at no point was he worth much, if any more than where he was taken in the first place. The guy has only managed one injury free season as the primary back in six seasons.

And I'm going to go out on a limb and say Jennings will be extended during the season if he shows he can be the starter. I just can't imagine a scenario where Jennings has FA value and isn't back in teal.

MJD won't likely be getting another contract here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's involved in a draft day trade or cut shortly thereafter.

There is no way we let Jennings end the season without a new deal unless he stinks it up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why I think weeks 1-5 are the most important for the teams identity going forward.

#JDI
DjBuddaH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

He's only been the full-time starter for 3 seasons.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=7978242#7978242
Esteban wrote:
If people would listen to my advice I would give it but until then I wont
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

He's only been the full-time starter for 3 seasons.

Silly mojo and his trixiness

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
radrshark wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
I force him into a carson palmer situation play or retire don't even entertain his trade talk period unless someone offers you a dumb raider trade.

that trade wasnt that "dumb" at the time we were4-2 and looking to stay in the race, was it a little steep? yes, but if we get to the playoffs this year or if we made it last year then it would have been totally worth it. especially when you look at all the garbage qb`s we`ve had since gannon left (excluding cambell, he was looking good til the injury) so if you wanna talk trash about a team start with ur own, i really dont care what you think , but a least try not to sound like an espn clone. i just wanted to find out mjd`s status cuz i`m thinkin about jennings in one of my fantasy leagues and i gotta read that crap. back to my home with the dumb" 3 time champs" the raiders. good luck ever winning a super bowl. Rolling Eyes

First off, it was more than a little steep to pay all that for a QB that was clearly declining, plus the Raiders werent in a win-now mode and its not like you can even play the 3 championships card, since 1995 when we were established the score is 0-0, plus OAKLAND has won 2 Super Bowls

The RAIDERS organization won 3 Super bowls and appeared in 5. you can't really dispute that. Same team, same FO, different City. IMO there's no comparison between Jags and Raiders as far as history and impact on NFL history is concerned, and I don't mean that as an insult.

And weren't in a win now mode? I respect you man but idk how you can say that. Hue Jackson got too much power and saw this team was going nowhere with Boller. He knew a new GM was coming in and that his job would be on the line if they didn't make the playoffs. The Raiders with Al Davis were in a win now mode for the past decade and it's the reason he went about building the team the wrong way and setting us up for failure. Hue Jackson simply panicked, knew he had to win and made the trade. Now, whether it was a "dumb" trade or not is still yet to be seen. What if he takes us to the play offs 2 out of the next 3 or 4 years? a 1st and a 2nd for a veteran QB who gives us the best current chance to win games with what Al left us with isn't as bad as it's made out to be. There have been wayy worse trades.

Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 am; edited 3 times in total
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McMorrow_922 wrote:
radrshark wrote:
MoJo122-b-21 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
dswinton wrote:
I put him on the block and let teams bid for him. Take best offer.

He should go up there soon. Hoping we can net a 2nd round pick.

Who would be stupid enough to give up a 2nd for him though? Al Davis isn't around anymore and Dan Snyder probably learned from trading away Champ. The Bucs seem to be a team willing to do questionable things here lately and we know Schiano likes to pound it...

I just don't think there's any market for the guy, especially since a trade will have the stipulation that he gets a sizable payday.

just out of curiosity, why is giving a 2nd rd pick for a pro bowl back that is 27 stupid? and more raider hate? wtfever! i`m outta here y`all have fun goin like 6-10 or worse.

lol
Your a troll. We play u this yr. Cant wait. Made me look forward to the game now.
Dont worry about us. Worry about how many interceptions palmer will throw Wink
Noone hated. Its the truth. Any analast and expert say that was a horrid trade.
Never did we bash u guys nor do we care to worry about you guys.

It should be a good game! Good luck to you, and I'm rooting for Gabbert.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
radrshark wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
I force him into a carson palmer situation play or retire don't even entertain his trade talk period unless someone offers you a dumb raider trade.

that trade wasnt that "dumb" at the time we were4-2 and looking to stay in the race, was it a little steep? yes, but if we get to the playoffs this year or if we made it last year then it would have been totally worth it. especially when you look at all the garbage qb`s we`ve had since gannon left (excluding cambell, he was looking good til the injury) so if you wanna talk trash about a team start with ur own, i really dont care what you think , but a least try not to sound like an espn clone. i just wanted to find out mjd`s status cuz i`m thinkin about jennings in one of my fantasy leagues and i gotta read that crap. back to my home with the dumb" 3 time champs" the raiders. good luck ever winning a super bowl. Rolling Eyes

First off, it was more than a little steep to pay all that for a QB that was clearly declining, plus the Raiders werent in a win-now mode and its not like you can even play the 3 championships card, since 1995 when we were established the score is 0-0, plus OAKLAND has won 2 Super Bowls

The RAIDERS organization won 3 Super bowls and appeared in 5. you can't really dispute that. Same team, same FO, different City. An weren't in a win now mode? I respect you man but idk how you can say that. Hue Jackson got too much power and saw this team was going nowhere with Boller. He knew a new GM was coming in and that his job would be on the line if they didn't make the playoffs. The Raiders with Al Davis were in a win now mode for the past decade and it's the reason he went about building the team the wrong way and setting us up for failure. Hue Jackson simply panicked, knew he had to win and made the trade. Now, whether it was a "dumb" trade or not is still yet to be seen. What if he takes us to the play offs 2 out of the next 3 or 4 years? a 1st and a 2nd for a veteran QB who gives us the best current chance to win games with what Al left us with isn't as bad as it's made out to be. There have been wayy worse trades.

Yea, I know it was the same organization, i was just having some fun. Didnt think my post would be taken so seriously. If it just takes you to the playoffs though and nothing more is it really that great of a deal for you? Dont get me wrong, I know people dump on the raiders for the moves they've made and I've actually defended the team on some level bc I've loved some of the picks too, it was nothing personal dude

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
radrshark wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

The RAIDERS organization won 3 Super bowls and appeared in 5. you can't really dispute that. Same team, same FO, different City. An weren't in a win now mode? I respect you man but idk how you can say that. Hue Jackson got too much power and saw this team was going nowhere with Boller. He knew a new GM was coming in and that his job would be on the line if they didn't make the playoffs. The Raiders with Al Davis were in a win now mode for the past decade and it's the reason he went about building the team the wrong way and setting us up for failure. Hue Jackson simply panicked, knew he had to win and made the trade. Now, whether it was a "dumb" trade or not is still yet to be seen. What if he takes us to the play offs 2 out of the next 3 or 4 years? a 1st and a 2nd for a veteran QB who gives us the best current chance to win games with what Al left us with isn't as bad as it's made out to be. There have been wayy worse trades.

Yea, I know it was the same organization, i was just having some fun. Didnt think my post would be taken so seriously. If it just takes you to the playoffs though and nothing more is it really that great of a deal for you? Dont get me wrong, I know people dump on the raiders for the moves they've made and I've actually defended the team on some level bc I've loved some of the picks too, it was nothing personal dude

Hey man, after the past decade, I celebrate each victory like it was the superbowl, I can't imagine what I'd do if the Raiders made the playoffs/wona playoff game Laughing

and my bad if i came off a little strong, I should've realized you were just playing around.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just drafted Rashad, TRADE MJD

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: