Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Prospect Profiles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
I really was hoping Hunt would take the next step in his development this year, but combined with age and lack of development at this point, I am not sure Hunt offers a whole lot of projected impact unless a team has a ton of patience. He could still turn it around this year though.

Well, against A&M, I thought he did well. He got a LOT of attention from our line and up backs, yet still made an impact several times. He blocked another kick (extra point), which he's been fantastic at in his career, and currently ranks second all time with 16 total blocks.

In some ways I think he's kind of like Poe, playing on a poor overall team that garners him a lot of focus from opponents, and being relied on a lot, thus playing more snaps then he ever will in the NFL.

While I see some projecting him as a day two pick, I think his value comes in the 4th as a quality depth player in a rotation on nickel for us. If Dorsey moves on and Bailey or Poe even move into the starting DE spot, Hunt would be a good guy to bring in around the 4th to be a nickel rusher.

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
I really was hoping Hunt would take the next step in his development this year, but combined with age and lack of development at this point, I am not sure Hunt offers a whole lot of projected impact unless a team has a ton of patience. He could still turn it around this year though.

Well, against A&M, I thought he did well. He got a LOT of attention from our line and up backs, yet still made an impact several times. He blocked another kick (extra point), which he's been fantastic at in his career, and currently ranks second all time with 16 total blocks.

In some ways I think he's kind of like Poe, playing on a poor overall team that garners him a lot of focus from opponents, and being relied on a lot, thus playing more snaps then he ever will in the NFL.

While I see some projecting him as a day two pick, I think his value comes in the 4th as a quality depth player in a rotation on nickel for us. If Dorsey moves on and Bailey or Poe even move into the starting DE spot, Hunt would be a good guy to bring in around the 4th to be a nickel rusher.

Bigs, I do agree when you get to around the 4th round I think Hunt has some value. Some people in the draft forum were getting caught up in his elite raw physical ability and disregarding his age/inexperience. That is my biggest concern with him is that he is so inexperienced relative to his age that by the time he starts to "get it" if he does, then you aren't too far from him hitting the decline due to age.

A middle round 3-4 DE prospect I am planning on taking a closer look at is Georgia senior Abry Jones.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Manti T'eo one. I love that kid and I hate Notre Dame. Any chance he could be pick #1 of round #2?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's about a Mike Gkennon scouting report? He's got his warts but he's been very clutch in last minute drives to beat FSU and Maryland the last two weeks.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Chief Mack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think Iowa CB Micah Hyde would be a good prospect to look at

My Teams
NFL- Kansas City Chiefs
MLB- Kansas City Royals
NCAA- Iowa Hawkeyes
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
How's about a Mike Gkennon scouting report? He's got his warts but he's been very clutch in last minute drives to beat FSU and Maryland the last two weeks.

I actually was watching him closely at the begining of the college season. I like his fight. NC State was getting trounced by Tennessee, but he kept fighting. I like his arm strength. IMO he needs to add some weight - he makes Tyler Bray look like he needs to go to fat camp. I like him as a middle round developmental prospect.

nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chief Mack wrote:

I see him as a good candidate to transition to free safety.

Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
Chief Mack wrote:

I see David Amerson as a good candidate to transition to free safety.

fify

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

I actually was watching him closely at the begining of the college season. I like his fight. NC State was getting trounced by Tennessee, but he kept fighting. I like his arm strength. IMO he needs to add some weight - he makes Tyler Bray look like he needs to go to fat camp. I like him as a middle round developmental prospect.

I came in here to request one on Glennon. I don't think he falls to the middle rounds based on potential, talent, and fight. He has been moving up draft boards as of late and could be a 1st rounder when all is said and done. Very interested in Mr. Glennon.
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not watched Glennon, but the thing that worries me is a pretty low completion percentage. 57% for the season. Most good NFL QB's have a comp % of 60-65% or so in college. I'm guessing he's gonna be an early 2nd rounder for a team like Arizona or Buffalo.

^ryknowssd on the sig
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
I have not watched Glennon, but the thing that worries me is a pretty low completion percentage. 57% for the season. Most good NFL QB's have a comp % of 60-65% or so in college. I'm guessing he's gonna be an early 2nd rounder for a team like Arizona or Buffalo.

Dilfer on Twitter saying Glennon like Flacco but more upside.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Idk, I've been flipping back and forth. Pretty poor throws/decisions at times. We'll see if he can make some kind of comeback. TO and quick score now 38-55 Clemson leading.

^ryknowssd on the sig
KCDiehard88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:

Idk, I've been flipping back and forth. Pretty poor throws/decisions at times. We'll see if he can make some kind of comeback. TO and quick score now 38-55 Clemson leading.

The commentators have been talking about how much drops have hurt him this year. All of his receivers are new and inexperienced and have dropped an unbelievable amount of balls. During the VA game, they dropped 10 passes alone.

He is off target on some throws, but he stands in the pocket just as good as anybody else I have seen and take a hit. He has a strong arm and can make all the throws. He seems to have above average to great pocket awareness as well.

The more I see him the more I like him. He might be overtaking Wilson as my #2....
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing I saw (keep in mind this is one game, and I only saw maybe a 1/4 of the whole thing here and there) was some poor decisions throwing off his back foot on the INT in the end zone, and a few others that were where he locked on and tried to squeeze it in there.

While he's certainly got upside, I don't think he's nearly as complete as Wilson is, or EJ Manuel based on the little I've actually seen, but also heard on him too.

Right now I've got them ranked:

Smith
Wilson

Barkley

Manuel

Thomas

Glennon
Dysert

^ryknowssd on the sig
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
The biggest thing I saw (keep in mind this is one game, and I only saw maybe a 1/4 of the whole thing here and there) was some poor decisions throwing off his back foot on the INT in the end zone, and a few others that were where he locked on and tried to squeeze it in there.

While he's certainly got upside, I don't think he's nearly as complete as Wilson is, or EJ Manuel based on the little I've actually seen, but also heard on him too.

Right now I've got them ranked:

Smith
Wilson

Barkley

Manuel

Thomas

Glennon
Dysert

Bigs, is that Logan Thomas? I was really hoping he would take the next step this year but he has been horribly inconsistent. I am not sure he is anywhere close to where he needs to be mentally to be considered a legitimate prospect at the next level. IMO he definitely needs to return and make some huge improvement.

You like Dysert? What is your take on him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: