Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BornToFly's Relationship Advice V.13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Well I'm a believer in you should marry your best friend, but I'm also a believer in chemistry too. Chemistry is one of those things you know right away whether you have. The spark is something I have to have. But in order to commit, I have to feel like the girl is also my best friend.

bingo. I want the girl to be my best friend, my lover, and my other half. I've always believed a good friendship is a good way to start a relationship.

+1

My current missus and I were best friends before we committed to a relationship.

It's the closest that I have felt to a keeper in my life.

Those are my favorite stories! Very Happy

Thanks BenderRodriguez for the sig!
BornToFly's Relationship Advice v.17
BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
Today is my 4 year wedding anniversary. I got the wife a card and a dozen roses, do I need to get her a gift too? We're going out to a nice dinner saturday so I think thats good enough.

Honestly, flowers would of been perfect for me. And going out for dinner is nice. All women are different, but I don't like a lot of gifts personally. Unless you want to her a new book from an author she really enjoys or something like that.
I got her a kindle last year for her birthday so I can't get her an Amazon gift card. Laughing

Sure you could! That way she can buy books to put on the kindle. Smile
I ended up getting her a nice necklace with a pendant. She loved it. Jewelry never fails. I don't need to know her size either. Laughing

I'm glad it went over well!

BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Ha, maybe my patience will finally pay off. I'm talking to this cute blonde on PoF now, she seems pretty cool. Wish me luck guys!

Good Luck jetsfan! Keep us updated.

BornToFly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Went on the date with the girl from online. Looked kind of like her picture, but also a lot better in person. I've always had a thing for Erika Christiansen and she looks a lot like her... So that's good. I'm really attracted to her...

on the bright side, she laughed and we had a great time during the date.
we didn't kiss. Which is not my normal for a first date, but she wasn't giving me the let's kiss signals either... but she was talking throughout the date about things to do next time (sushi, actually getting to the comedy club instead of taking an hour long walk downtown and forgetting about it.) so yeah, I'm gonna send her something either tomorrow or sunday just to be like, had a lot of fun, and I'd like to get to know you better.

awesome scar. I'm happy it went well. Great sign that she was talking about what to do next time.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Went on the date with the girl from online. Looked kind of like her picture, but also a lot better in person. I've always had a thing for Erika Christiansen and she looks a lot like her... So that's good. I'm really attracted to her...

on the bright side, she laughed and we had a great time during the date.
we didn't kiss. Which is not my normal for a first date, but she wasn't giving me the let's kiss signals either... but she was talking throughout the date about things to do next time (sushi, actually getting to the comedy club instead of taking an hour long walk downtown and forgetting about it.) so yeah, I'm gonna send her something either tomorrow or sunday just to be like, had a lot of fun, and I'd like to get to know you better.

awesome scar. I'm happy it went well. Great sign that she was talking about what to do next time.
yup. sent her a text about 30 minutes ago that I had a great time last night. no response, but she's also at work all morning.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
chemistry isn't everything, but its essential in a lasting relationship. Its just one of the pieces of the puzzle.

Oh I def agree, you need to have chemistry with someone in order to have a successful relationship, it definitely is essential. My point was just that even if it's there, it doesn't mean that things will work out.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BornToFly wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
Ha, maybe my patience will finally pay off. I'm talking to this cute blonde on PoF now, she seems pretty cool. Wish me luck guys!

Thanks, but looks like after a few messages back and forth it kinda flamed out. It was one of those things where I would ask her questions and she would respond, but that was it. She didn't ask me anything in order to try to get to know me. Last msg I sent was asking her to tell me a little more about herself, like what kind of music does she listen to. That was it. Still looking for other oppurtunities now.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

Thanks, but looks like after a few messages back and forth it kinda flamed out. It was one of those things where I would ask her questions and she would respond, but that was it. She didn't ask me anything in order to try to get to know me. Last msg I sent was asking her to tell me a little more about herself, like what kind of music does she listen to. That was it. Still looking for other oppurtunities now.
it happens man. I always feel like I suck at the whole keeping up contact thing after the first date. So I texted today, but she seems to have been too busy to talk. oh well.

Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

it happens man. I always feel like I suck at the whole keeping up contact thing after the first date. So I texted today, but she seems to have been too busy to talk. oh well.

That's probably all it was, I'm sure you will hear something later tonight or tomorrow.

scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
That's probably all it was, I'm sure you will hear something later tonight or tomorrow.

yeah, I'm overthinking this. that's my downfall with women.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, by far the best relationship I've ever had was with my best girl friend.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:

nothing tonight. all good. I'll wait til she responds to me next before I say anything. I'm interested and it should be obvious, but if she isn't then why waste my time?

JohnChimpo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

nothing tonight. all good. I'll wait til she responds to me next before I say anything. I'm interested and it should be obvious, but if she isn't then why waste my time?

Exactly.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on online dating? I've pondered it several times, but I just don't know. Seems like it would be terribly awkward at first. I'm just not the type of guy that enjoys going out to bars or clubs to find women, and now that I'm no longer on campus or at college really, I don't see them there either. Quite the conundrum I'm in.
JohnChimpo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Thoughts on online dating? I've pondered it several times, but I just don't know. Seems like it would be terribly awkward at first. I'm just not the type of guy that enjoys going out to bars or clubs to find women, and now that I'm no longer on campus or at college really, I don't see them there either. Quite the conundrum I'm in.

See the last few pages.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 66 of 100

Jump to: