Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Thread of THE []_[] v3 (Lock Her Up Plz)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
I still can't believe Duke is ranked in the top 5.

All the other losses to top 10 teams helped them out.

NC St will be an extremely hard test for this team, they have a lot of talent and beating them at home won't be easy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna lie, despite all the optimism on campus, this season is too good to be true right now. We're going to hiccup badly somewhere along the line. Me and some friends were talking about how they'd lose to a bad ACC team like Wake Forest in a blow out or something. Based on my experiences with sports here since I started college, skeptical optimism is the best way to go.

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
Not gonna lie, despite all the optimism on campus, this season is too good to be true right now. We're going to hiccup badly somewhere along the line. Me and some friends were talking about how they'd lose to a bad ACC team like Wake Forest in a blow out or something. Based on my experiences with sports here since I started college, skeptical optimism is the best way to go.

I'm really expecting a poor performance against VT this week, hope I'm wrong though.

And I'm with you Canes' sports wise, I had the same experiences my fur years only even crappier Laughing

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
coltsmanic808

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:

I'm really expecting a poor performance against VT this week, hope I'm wrong though.

And I'm with you Canes' sports wise, I had the same experiences my fur years only even crappier Laughing

Haha yeah. Oh Jacory......way to [inappropriate/removed] up my freshman year.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
coltsmanic808 wrote:

Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if this team overlooked VT in preparation for NC St.

But I trust Coach L. to get them ready and not look past VT. I was somewhat expecting a let down against FSU because of how much of a high they were on after beating Duke, but they proved me wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/i-found-duke-basketball-pride-amid-hurricane-hatre

DUKE FANS BE MADDDDDD.

Last edited by coltsmanic808 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
[img]http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/i-found-duke-basketball-pride-amid-hurricane-hatre[/img]

DUKE FANS BE MADDDDDD.

I like that even several Duke grads are ripping on her in the comments section. Laughing What a self-righteous jerk.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coltsmanic808 wrote:
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/i-found-duke-basketball-pride-amid-hurricane-hatre

DUKE FANS BE MADDDDDD.

I read this earlier, sounds just like the student section I know and love Laughing

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing Day info.

Quote:
Both HurricaneSports.com and ESPN3 will provide live Signing Day Coverage of the Miami Hurricanes football program.

The "Voice of the Miami Hurricanes", Joe Zagacki, and color analyst Don Bailey Jr. will host a live Signing Day show from 8:30-10 a.m. on HurricaneSports.com as NLIs begin rolling in on Wed., Feb. 6. ESPN3 will then pick up national coverage from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.

Joe Z and DBJ will interview head coach Al Golden and the Hurricanes assistant coaches in addition to Miami's early enrollees and some of its current stars. As Miami receives each NLI, HurricaneSports.com will have video highlights, recruiting rankings and assistant coaches on camera to talk about the Hurricanes' Class of 2013 additions.

Going to be a long week of waiting. Looks like the coverage is going to be pretty extensive, might have to use a personal day and check it out.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article. Not short, but not too long, has good information about the ongoing NCAA investigation, their screw up, and the hurdles Miami faces for trying to reach a settlement.
Quote:
“Attorneys on the Board of Trustees are telling [Shalala] we have leverage we didn’t have before and we have to push for a settlement,” a UM official said, describing her as “determined.”

“We have leverage now to question this whole process” – including whether violations disclosed by Sean Allen during one of Perez's depositions was used to extract information from others.

While a settlement would help the NCAA put this embarrassing situation behind them, Emmert has suggested the NCAA has plenty of non-tainted evidence against UM, enough to continue prosecuting the case. But some UM officials believe the whole investigation has been tainted.

The Shapiro camp has tried to introduce a UM gambling angle into the NCAA investigation, but there’s no indication anything came of it.

With Shapiro writing a lot of the questions, Perez asked Sean Allen 39 questions directly or indirectly about gambling in his deposition.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't pretty but we won. Huge game up next against NC State.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No such thing an easy road game but we got it done, great job in the second half.

chauboy wrote:
BucsCanesFan6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slow start, strong finish. Shane Larkin was fantastic tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this Denver Kirkland, Booker T Washington thing has the potential to get ugly. I still kinda think Kirkland was a grades issue, but alot of misinformation around the web.

chauboy wrote:
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
So this Denver Kirkland, Booker T Washington thing has the potential to get ugly. I still kinda think Kirkland was a grades issue, but alot of misinformation around the web.

Could affect us with Thomas as well Crying or Very sad

Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 88 of 100

Jump to: