Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013-14 Maryland Terrapins Thread (12-9) (5-4 ACC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else heading to the game tomorrow? Terps ACC opener and Ravens playoff game in the same weekend...I can't wait!

GO RAVENS!!
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad. Not bad at all folks. Really liking what I've seen out of this team thus far in our first taste of ACC action. Only thing I'm a little disappointed by is the Faust injury, but in spite of that, it was crazy to see how ridiculously deep this team is. Seth Allen for both 6th man AND ACC RoY anyone? I knew the kid could score, but I didn't think he'd be this proficient, this quick. And at 6'1", who could of imagined him being as pesky a defender as he's been this year, especially in this game against VT.

All together, impressive start; if we can keep this up, maybe that easy early part of our schedule will have been well worth it. Wink

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell of a game vs the Hokies! If only we could get the wizards to play like that! Laughing

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
janky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much a flawless game and it's great to know we have lots of options outside of Wells and Len on offense. It's exciting already and this is only the start of a great season.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I thought Seth Allen couldn't be a successful guard in the ACC? Laughing

GO RAVENS!!
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some love from Grantland today:

Quote:
Maryland, on the other hand they look quite well. Mark Turgeon's Terps have an amazing opportunity in a weak ACC, and they just aced their first test by clobbering Virginia Tech (another contender for the empty spot below Duke). At 13-1, the Terps have been excellent all year; in fact, the only game they dropped was their first, a close loss to Kentucky in Brooklyn. Turgeon has gathered a nice group of recruits (unlike Gary Williams, he's actually willing to spend time around the AAU scene, which helps), center Alex Len has turned into one of the 15 best big men in the country, and there's a resurgent sense of pride in College Park. I wish I could say the Terps were my dark-horse pick to challenge Duke and possibly even win the ACC, but I'm already late to the game. As of now, they look like the second-best team in the conference.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/46732/the-hardcourt-shuffle-duke-and-michigan-rise-from-the-pack

With Layman's big game, I wonder if he starts the next one. He still seems like a streaky player and one great half isn't going to undo all of that, but even if Faust is healthy it's also true that Layman adds an outside shooting threat that Faust doesn't bring. In the end, I'm not sure the 'starter' label will even matter that much as both will likely get a good run in the rotation as long as Layman doesn't fall back off the map.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Maybe next week?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

Maybe next week?

We're getting there. Like someone said previously, a few more signature ACC wins and I'm sure we'll be in the top 25. I definitely feel we're a stronger team than the 21st and below teams, but they've all had some more 'marquee' wins than we have, so it's whatever. Just gotta be patient; we'll get there.

Matts4313 wrote:
janky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, - Vitale had us ranked 24.

I'm interested to see how Turgeon works the starting lineup this season. I think Padgett is better off the bench and doesn't bring anything more than the freshmen, I think the offense flows much better with Mitchell and Cleare in the post. PeShon plays efficient PG for us and I like the mixture of guards and wing players we can play with him.

PeShon/Wells/Faust/Mitchell/Len is an awesome starting five. We have an interchangeable starting five (yet young) that can matchup with anyone, and I think this team is just as dangerous on offense as they are on defense Shocked
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question, was the VT game on TV. I didn't get a chance to watch it, just listened on the radio in the car. Looking at my ESPN Scorecenter app, the FSU game is listed as on ESPN3, as was the VT game. Just wondering because I definitely want to watch this game on the big screen with my roomates or even possibly go out to pickles or something. Any info that anyone can give is much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Quick question, was the VT game on TV. I didn't get a chance to watch it, just listened on the radio in the car. Looking at my ESPN Scorecenter app, the FSU game is listed as on ESPN3, as was the VT game. Just wondering because I definitely want to watch this game on the big screen with my roomates or even possibly go out to pickles or something. Any info that anyone can give is much appreciated.

It was on TV. Usually most MD games are blacked out on ESPN3 (from my experience) as they're typically broadcast on either the CW (closer to Baltimore) and/or my20 (closer to College Park/DMV).

Matts4313 wrote:
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

It was on TV. Usually most MD games are blacked out on ESPN3 (from my experience) as they're typically broadcast on either the CW (closer to Baltimore) and/or my20 (closer to College Park/DMV).

Alright thanks! I figured as much. It looked like most of the games were listed as ESPN3, so I don't know if that's just ESPN indicating where it would be on its family of networks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, last night went about how I figured it would. The fact that we could have won it last night if not for Seth Allen's boneheaded shot says a lot to me. Maryland will have games like this because they are so young. I have faith going forward.

On that note, Pe'Shon is looking bad. I know Pe from working in athletics, and I have friends who still do, and they insist he's not the same this year. I didn't think he was the same last year either.

Thanks, Tzimisce
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Well, last night went about how I figured it would. The fact that we could have won it last night if not for Seth Allen's boneheaded shot says a lot to me. Maryland will have games like this because they are so young. I have faith going forward.

On that note, Pe'Shon is looking bad. I know Pe from working in athletics, and I have friends who still do, and they insist he's not the same this year. I didn't think he was the same last year either.

Yea, that second half was very bleh. Don't think it was a particularly bad loss, as FSU was a good team last year and matches up well with us IMO. Would be nice to go see us win in Miami, though, would "right the ship" so-to-speak in that it would almost make up for the FSU loss in terms of expectations.

In the second half I was a little disappointed that Turg didnt call a TO in the 0 points/FG's run we were having. Seemed like the boys really started pressing and taking awful drives and shots. Would have helped maybe to reset the offense a little bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
But I thought Seth Allen couldn't be a successful guard in the ACC? Laughing

He's really been a force over the past two games in your dominant performances. Laughing

You guys are taking the ACC by storm!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 9 of 17

Jump to: