Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013-14 Maryland Terrapins Thread (12-9) (5-4 ACC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/terrapins-insider/wp/2012/11/07/marylands-dez-wells-declared-eligible-by-ncaa/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So excitedzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a hot minute since I been this giddy about Maryland basketball. I got really high hopes for this team, tonight will be a big testament as to whether or not they will live up to them.

If we can feed Len early and get him going, I'm loving our chances in this one. Especially if that in turn leads to freeing up our, newly found abundance of, wing players to do damage on the perimeter.

Biggest question mark though is how the chemistry is gonna look as there's been so much turnover on the roster since last season.

Lettttsssssssss gooooooooooooooo Maaaaaaaaaaaryland! Cool

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home and turned the game on. How have we looked so far?

Also, FEAR LA TORTUGA!!!!

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:

It's been a hot minute since I been this giddy about Maryland basketball. I got really high hopes for this team, tonight will be a big testament as to whether or not they will live up to them.

If we can feed Len early and get him going, I'm loving our chances in this one. Especially if that in turn leads to freeing up our, newly found abundance of, wing players to do damage on the perimeter.

Biggest question mark though is how the chemistry is gonna look as there's been so much turnover on the roster since last season.

I'm an Ohio State fan, but I think Maryland is my second team this year for one simple reason.

I <3 Alex Len in a way that may border on heterosexual. Okay, it's definitely heterosexual, but I love his game soooo much.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we lost but the team looked a lot better than I expected. Pretty clear they are heading in the right direction Cool

I agree with you guys. Len is looking nice! Very Happy

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
janky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:

Thissssssssssssss. Laughing

Seth Allen, Jake Layman and Charles Mitchell looked better than what I expected. This TEAM looks better than I expected. Alex Len looks like he can dominate.

TERPSSSSSSS Dancing
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

Thissssssssssssss. Laughing

Seth Allen, Jake Layman and Charles Mitchell looked better than what I expected. This TEAM looks better than I expected. Alex Len looks like he can dominate.

TERPSSSSSSS Dancing

Especially since UK is one of the bigger teams we will face all year. I think Len will be a beast this season. Only thing that stinks bout that is that he will probably leave for the draft if he does as well as I think he will.

Mitchell is a big, strong boy. On that play in the first half where he got like 3 offensive boards he looked really good If he can get a little more cut, I could see him being a big time force in the middle for a few years.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:

I think Len will be a beast this season. Only thing that stinks bout that is that he will probably leave for the draft if he does as well as I think he will.

Mitchell is a big, strong boy. On that play in the first half where he got like 3 offensive boards he looked really good If he can get a little more cut, I could see him being a big time force in the middle for a few years.

I'm hoping Alex Len stays in College Park for his junior year. I think this team wants to win a championship and his junior year could be a legit opportunity. He could pretty much dominate this year, and no doubt he flashed top 5 pick potential vs. UK.

I'm pretty high on Mitchell too. I think our whole freshman class can be pretty good.

Next years team could be top 5 in the country and win a championship. Even this year I don't see a team in the country we can't compete with. Am I a little high on these Terps, orrrrr is this a pretty darn good team?
dcarey20

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great 1st game. Len is a monster and could legitimately win ACC POY. Seth Allen provided a spark and was better than I thought. And while Faust didn't shoot a great percentage I think it's pretty clear he is our most talented wing player and will be the go to scorer in that area.
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len continuing to look good. 11 points thus far.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, the rivalries have certainly been fun, but on to the B1G we go boys.

Thanks, Tzimisce
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Welp, the rivalries have certainly been fun, but on to the B1G we go boys.

LINK

Uggggggggggggggh!!!!!!!

I was reading about that, but I didn't seriously think any thing would come of it, or at least not THIS soon. Just ridiculous. I've always had a serious disdain for Loh, but this just reaffirms it. Just because he has no ties to the ACC doesn't mean he can just crap on the storied tradition of Maryland like this. And yes I know it took a vote by the Board of Regents to make this decision official, but this is still such BS due to the fact that it is pretty much saying, "We value the bottom line over any history and tradition Maryland's role in the ACC represents."

Going to miss the hell out of the Duke rivalry. Crying or Very sad

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God I hate this move. I'm really going to miss ACC basketball.
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
God I hate this move. I'm really going to miss ACC basketball.

B1G basketball is where its at now. No worries!

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace Loh is an awful president. I could have told you that early on. He was not qualified for that job, IMO. Kevin Anderson is equally a hack. Neither of these guys are competent.

I understand this was a financial move, and it's an understandable one but it seems to have been made in haste, and Maryland's sports across the board are going to struggle for awhile with this transition.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: