Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are The Heat a Dynasty Right Now?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are The Heat a Dynasty Right Now?
Yes
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
No
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Are The Heat a Dynasty Right Now? Reply with quote

3 finals in 3 years, and they got a good shot at making another trip there this year.

Are they officially a dynasty right now?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to say yes at the moment but I do so hesitantly. If they 3-peat, then they are most definitely one.

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
I'm inclined to say yes at the moment but I do so hesitantly. If they 3-peat, then they are most definitely one.

If the Heat are right now, then the Lakers of 07-10 were as well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

Like I said, I do so hesitantly. Meaning, I'm taking my projection for the upcoming playoffs into account.

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:

I think those Lakers were a dynasty. Maybe a mini-dynasty would be a better way to classify them, but I'm inclined to say yes.

I don't think u can clump it with the 99-04 Lakers since they dismantled that team after the crushing finals loss to the Pistons. Likewise, you can't group the 05-06 Heat with the 2010-14 Heat

Both were quick rebuilds for sure tho. That gives me some hope for my Mavs, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider the Bad Boys a dynasty and they only won two. They killed two dynasties in the process.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on how you view a dynasty. Miami certainly isn't a dominant team, but they're just fortunate to play in an era where there really aren't many good teams in the league. The NBA is extremely watered down.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Depends on how you view a dynasty. Miami certainly isn't a dominant team, but they're just fortunate to play in an era where there really aren't many good teams in the league. The NBA is extremely watered down.

Well, I think they aren't dominant during the regular season, but when it comes to the playoffs, they definitely are.

Part of that watered down pool is due to a ton of teams tanking for a top pick this year. There are GMs that have no idea what they're doing, but also, the Heat have 3 guys that you can legitimately build around (or at least could) and a lot of teams don't have one of those guys. Plus, the Heat got pretty good role players that went to Miami because they wanted a ring.

I've said it all along, there are players out there that could help playoff teams beef up their bench, but those franchises do not seem intent on going after such players.

Perhaps changing up the rules a bit in regards to roster limits, cap hits, etc. would help make the NBA more competitive at the top, especially if a team can sign someone like Antawn Jamison right before the playoffs and have him available for their first game.

But, if the Heat aren't a dynasty right now, then they will be after this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say so.

^Gopher<3Wrestler^
simonwayne wrote:
The problem is not many people are like me, they'll complain when it fits their agenda and completely ignore bad officiating when it doesn't
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cool thing is that the Spurs dynasty is still alive at this point too. Just goes to show that you can have multiple dynasties at the same time.

I guess that was better illustrated with the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s tho...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
The cool thing is that the Spurs dynasty is still alive at this point too. Just goes to show that you can have multiple dynasties at the same time.

I guess that was better illustrated with the Lakers and Celtics in the 80s tho...

The Spurs are weird. They never repeated but they have always been one of the best team in the West for about a decade and a half. Not sure you can call them a dynasty because they never had a measurable run of success. No back to backs and did they ever make it back to back finals?

On topic: If the Heat win again this year they are def a dynasty and if they make it to the finals again they might be. 2 championships back to back, 4 in a row, and 33 (?) game winstreak is pretty damn close.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
the lone star wrote:

The Spurs are weird. They never repeated but they have always been one of the best team in the West for about a decade and a half. Not sure you can call them a dynasty because they never had a measurable run of success. No back to backs and did they ever make it back to back finals?

On topic: If the Heat win again this year they are def a dynasty and if they make it to the finals again they might be. 2 championships back to back, 4 in a row, and 33 (?) game winstreak is pretty damn close.

I'll call the Spurs a dynasty before I call the Heat a dynasty. That's for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they 3 peat, then yes. Of course it depends on how you define a dynasty. Some may only view dynasties as teams that sustained success for an extended period, like the current Spurs or 60s Celtics. Although I think most view a team like the 99-03 Lakers as a dynasty, in which IMO you've got to also consider the Heat one if they 3 peat. Sure, the Lakers played in a much tougher conference, but on the flip side they won all 3 of their championships by beating teams that come from an incredibly weak East, teams that probably wouldn't have even reached the WCF.

2010-2013+ Heat
Regular Season: 223-83 (.729)
Average PD: +6.8 pts

Playoffs: 46-28 (.687) (2+ championships)
Average PD: +5.5 pts

1999-2003 Lakers
Regular Season: 278-123 (.700)
Average PD: +5.1 pts

Playoffs: 64-28 (.696) (3 championships)
Average PD: +3.8 pts

If the Heat complete the 3 peat, I don't see how you could say those Lakers were a dynasty and not these Heat. You could still view those Lakers as stronger and a bigger dynasty, but the gap isn't big enough to the point where you could consider 1 a dynasty and 1 not. Of course this all hinges on whether or not the Heat win it all this year, which is far from a given. If they fail to 3 peat then we've got ourselves a pretty good debate that could go either way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say so, 3 straight finals appearances, even if they make it a 4th and lose, they still gotta be considered one.

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
teamorange wrote:
the lone star wrote:

I'll call the Spurs a dynasty before I call the Heat a dynasty. That's for sure.

Spurs had the misfortune running into an ATG team in the Lakers. ATM the 00s Spurs are more of a dynasty than the Heat but they still have 2 post seasons left.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: