You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Notre Dame thread v 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pf9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to throw in another name into the ring.

Jim Tressel.

After this season his show-cause penalty for his actions near the end of his OSU tenure expires.

If Kelly is indeed fired, I'd like Tressel to be considered for a shot at redemption.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can hardly believe we won that. It looked like we were going to go limp again in the 4th quarter, but we found a way to respond. Durham Smythe came very close to blowing it. Don't love the way we played, but you'll take wins however you can especially when you don't have a good team.

Special teams gaffes are unacceptable though. 4 humongous miscues on that part of the game today and the worst one of all was C.J Sanders attempting to field a punt inside the 10 with a ton of Miami players around him. That directly led to a TD and could have cost us.

Jarron Jones stood out a lot on defense today as did Donte Vaughn. Nyles Morgan had 2 sacks, I believe and I think he got the final one on Kaaya.

Offensively, not too pretty. But we did enough to get it done. Efficient from Kizer and Adams was huge late in the game.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Kelly gets a 1-week reprieve. We're still probably not going to a bowl this year. The link in my signature is an important one because it could change our future.

Still, a win is a win, no matter how few of them we will get this year.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another week, another loss. Game was so predictable from start to finish. BK coached scared going for the FG. He had to know we weren't getting the ball back. Our defense could not stop them all day.

Kizer really needs to come back next year. His accuracy has regressed badly and he still lacks awareness in a lot of situations. He's not ready, still raw as a QB.

I really wish Dexter Williams would see more touches. Adams is a straight line runner that isn't particularly fast or shifty.

Army is really the only team I can see us winning against. Va Tech and USC should have no issue beating us.
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please click the link in my signature. It is important.

As bad as he was, Tyrone Willingham was the last ND coach not to lose to Navy. Brian Kelly already has 2 losses.

I really want Jim Tressel as our coach next year, the link in my sig goes a long way towards that.

Notre Dame is not gonna get anywhere near a national title again as long as Kelly is still around.
ChrisC21325

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
Please click the link in my signature. It is important.

As bad as he was, Tyrone Willingham was the last ND coach not to lose to Navy. Brian Kelly already has 2 losses.

I really want Jim Tressel as our coach next year, the link in my sig goes a long way towards that.

Notre Dame is not gonna get anywhere near a national title again as long as Kelly is still around.

As much as I want to see Tressell rule to college football world again, I just can't see him leaving his job as a University President to coach, just imo

roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won against Army obviously. We really couldn't have screwed that up. Still think we lose to VT and USC though. If we beat even one of them, I'll be impressed.

Kizer still showed some inconsistencies that have popped up a lot this year. He had an INT right by the goalline and had several throws where he was late and behind the receiver. But because it was Army, it did not matter.

And what does Dexter Williams have to do to get some carries? Even in a blowout, he only got one carry.
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So only 4 years removed from nearly ending what was then a 23-year title drought we have a losing season.

How high is our APR? If it's high enough we still could get into a bowl by beating USC.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a penchant for blowing leads. I've been done with Kelly for a while, so that is another strike against him for me. Went up 17-0 only to completely collapse. Not even surprised.
pf9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our game with USC is on ABC. We finally avoid Fox in our season finale - that network has been nothing but bad news for us over the years.

If we want any shot at a bowl we need to beat USC.
LuckIsGOAT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug Marrone next ND coach?
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
pf9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
Doug Marrone next ND coach?

I want Jim Tressel. His show-cause penalty ends soon. He deserves a shot at redemption.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If not Tressel, who do you guys want the most?

I know a pipe dream for ND fans has been Urban for a while. But assuming Urban and Tressel are off the board, who else?

I'm trying to think of who would be a good fit at ND. Les Miles?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also an OSU fan so I don't want Urban to leave OSU for any reason other than retirement. And he's only been at OSU 5 years so retirement is off the table for now.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
If not Tressel, who do you guys want the most?

I know a pipe dream for ND fans has been Urban for a while. But assuming Urban and Tressel are off the board, who else?

I'm trying to think of who would be a good fit at ND. Les Miles?

Not really feeling Tressel since he has not coached in several years and I don't think he'd want to leave his current job as a university president to coach again.

I'd look into Dan Mullen. I can't imagine he is too happy at a SEC doormat like Miss St. Making them relevant for a sustained period of time is an accomplishment in itself. And he also had good experience under Urban Meyer at UF. Responsible for development of two good college QBs in Tebow and Prescott. Has some history here as he was a GA under Bob Davie in 99-00.

I'm cool with Les as long as he agrees to ditch that archaic offense he ran at LSU and do something from this century. I like everything else about him.

I see a bunch of other names out there that would be gambles. Kiffin, PJ Fleck (I think WMU to ND is too big a jump personally). Matt Rhule at Temple is a somewhat interesting name.

Kyle Whittingham I think would be unlikely to come.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 71 of 73

Jump to: