You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Notre Dame thread v 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCAA just smacked us hard for the cheating scandal realted to the "Frozen Five" a few years back. This year of ND football just keeps getting worse. We are being forced to vacate all wins from the 2012 and 2013 season (which are two of our most successful years in the Kelly era).

The university is appealing the process. I think it is utter BS that we are getting it this hard considering that it was not found out until later that they cheated and that the players involved were dealt with as soon as it was proven to be true. All while the university conducted a very thorough and transparent investigation. Meanwhile, a school like UNC can offer their students fake classes for over a decade and get nothing.
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAAB: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
NCAA just smacked us hard for the cheating scandal realted to the "Frozen Five" a few years back. This year of ND football just keeps getting worse. We are being forced to vacate all wins from the 2012 and 2013 season (which are two of our most successful years in the Kelly era).

The university is appealing the process. I think it is utter BS that we are getting it this hard considering that it was not found out until later that they cheated and that the players involved were dealt with as soon as it was proven to be true. All while the university conducted a very thorough and transparent investigation. Meanwhile, a school like UNC can offer their students fake classes for over a decade and get nothing.

I'd say ND got off light compared to what the NCAA did to USC.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season is mercifully over. As long as BK is gone, all is fine. He's done a good job for the most part and I appreciate him cleaning up Charlie Weis' mess, but things have stagnated IMO and in order to take the next step beyond constant 8-9 win seasons, we need change. And going 4-8 against one of the weaker schedules we've had recently is not acceptable.

Plenty of solid names available that I'd be cool with. Mullen, Miles, Fleck, Schiano, MacIntyre are a few.
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kelly should be fired and never coach in the Power 5 again. Rumor has it Tommy Tuberville will be out at Cincinnati. I'm open to a return of Kelly to Cincinnati. That is where he was really good. If Cincinnati joins the ACC afterward Kelly could try to redeem himself for his failure at ND. That would be the one exception to Kelly never coaching in the Power 5 I would be fine with.

Jim Tressel should be our coach. Not only do we need him, he needs us. Football is in his blood. He would have made a great NFL coach especially for the Browns who have not made the playoffs in years (given his ties to the area). Now that his show-cause penalty is going to be over, he needs this shot at redemption. He shouldn't have to settle for being a university president in the long term, only as a stop-gap measure until the penalty expired.
LuckIsGOAT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
Plenty of solid names available that I'd be cool with. Mullen, Miles, Fleck, Schiano, MacIntyre are a few.

I really hope ND can do better that. Except for MacIntyre all those guys would be a significant downgrade from Kelly.

ND should look at the NFL, Doug Marrone, Gus Bradley, Mike Munchak would be solid choices. Chip Kelly would be a homerun.
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckIsGOAT wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:

I really hope ND can do better that. Except for MacIntyre all those guys would be a significant downgrade from Kelly.

ND should look at the NFL, Doug Marrone, Gus Bradley, Mike Munchak would be solid choices. Chip Kelly would be a homerun.

If the NFL route is chosen Pete Carroll should be considered to troll USC fans. He's my backup in case Tressel is a no-go. If Carroll can resurrect our rivals he can do the same with us.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
LuckIsGOAT wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:

If the NFL route is chosen Pete Carroll should be considered to troll USC fans. He's my backup in case Tressel is a no-go. If Carroll can resurrect our rivals he can do the same with us.
Why on Earth would Pete Carroll leave what he's built in Seattle to come to South Bend? You're sounding like Tennessee fans talking about Gruden.
RaykwonDaChef

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Tillery has to be kicked off the team right?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
LuckIsGOAT wrote:
roysmyboy31 wrote:

Why do you want Tressel? You think he's ready to take over ND after being out of the game for 6 years? Also isn't the president at his alma mater? Unless he's having money problems I doubt he even think he wants to comeback to football.
Trailblazers
Canucks
Luck & RG3 fan
pf9

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that Kelly expects to stay.

If this is the case I think NBC should sue to terminate the contract to broadcast the team's home games. The network deserves better college football product at this point. I still believe they have been dissatisfied with how the Irish have performed since the two began their relationship. And when the Big 12 contract is up in less than a decade, NBC won't hesitate to sign.
Tyty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kizers officially entered the draft

Don't think a top ten draft pick has ever had a worse season than he did
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Kizers officially entered the draft

Don't think a top ten draft pick has ever had a worse season than he did

As expected. This team officially belongs to Brandon Wimbush. I'd be more excited if we had a different coaching staff. So I expect more of the same from next year's team even if Wimbush looks solid.

I still think Kizer can be a strong NFL starter, but he needs plenty of work. His raw abilities are undeniable, but he needs to land in a situation with a good coaching staff because he is still very rough around the edges as far as the non-physical aspects of the QB position go.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our OC Mike Sanford has accepted the head coaching job at Western Kentucky. We've also fired Scott Booker, our ST and tight ends coach. Very well since our ST has been awful for years (sans C.J. Sanders returning) and our TEs have been underwhelming since Tyler Eifert and Troy Niklas left for the NFL.

Kelly has several key coaching positions to fill.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Polian has come back to ND as our new ST coach. When he was on Weis' staff, he was arguably our best recruiter. Also hired Mike Elko from Wake Forest as our DC. Paul Longo is out as S&C coach.
1King

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roysmyboy31 wrote:
Brian Polian has come back to ND as our new ST coach. When he was on Weis' staff, he was arguably our best recruiter. Also hired Mike Elko from Wake Forest as our DC. Paul Longo is out as S&C coach.

Any rumors about who Kelly is looking at to be the new OC?

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 72 of 73

Jump to: