Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Notre Dame thread v 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casesdaily

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great day for my favorite college football team. This really was a blowout, but Navy shouldn't be the yardstick for a team with such high ambitions like Notre Dame. Of course, this victory boots the self-confidence of the team, but they shouldn't forget that the "real" opponents still lie ahead.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casesdaily wrote:
What a great day for my favorite college football team. This really was a blowout, but Navy shouldn't be the yardstick for a team with such high ambitions like Notre Dame. Of course, this victory boots the self-confidence of the team, but they shouldn't forget that the "real" opponents still lie ahead.

Wait..So this wasn't the National Championship game?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
Golston looked REAL good. Dude's gonna be a player. Love what I saw from the offense.

Party Foul! Smile

You guys think the secondary will get its act together?

No. Navy had someone wide open on pretty much every play. This is the worst passing attack we'll play all year.

I thought Golson looked sharp. Wasn't asked to do too much. Does have a tendency to stare down his targets.

This could be our deepest and most talented backfield since the Holtz era. Wood didn't even play, Riddick looked good, and Atkinson is our first homerun threat since Julius Jones. Even Cam McDaniel looked good. Add Amir Carlisle to this bunch and you've got quite a backfield.
casesdaily

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
casesdaily wrote:

Wait..So this wasn't the National Championship game?

A quick look at my calendar tells me... hm... did you note the ""?
Sorry, but my sarcasm detector doesn't work as it should.
pf9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great start to the season for Notre Dame.

Of course, I just realized something about the Navy series. In 2015 as you all know, Navy is joining the Big East for football only. They will play 8 conference games.

If Notre Dame, Army, and Air Force are all kept by Navy, they would only have one other game to schedule. Navy will probably want to have two.

Navy can't drop Army or AF, so it is very likely that the ND-Navy series will end after 2014. Another rivalry broken up by conference realignment.

Of course, if that turns out to be the case, ND could start playing Indiana every year.
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pf9 wrote:
A great start to the season for Notre Dame.

Of course, I just realized something about the Navy series. In 2015 as you all know, Navy is joining the Big East for football only. They will play 8 conference games.

If Notre Dame, Army, and Air Force are all kept by Navy, they would only have one other game to schedule. Navy will probably want to have two.

Navy can't drop Army or AF, so it is very likely that the ND-Navy series will end after 2014. Another rivalry broken up by conference realignment.

Of course, if that turns out to be the case, ND could start playing Indiana every year.

I don't think that would be a bad rivalry to break up, personally. 73-12-1 really isn't much of a rivalry. Most of the great history and tradition is just that, history, back when the Naval Academy brought in some of the best players before pro ball and could compete. The game really hasn't been very competitive recently outside of a few of ND's lowest times. Moving on would definitely benefit Navy as they could schedule an easier opponent to make for a more competitive game and a chance to get a W in their quest to become bowl eligible. I think it could also benefit ND in that they would have an extra schedule slot open annually to rotate in different teams they don't get to play much, if at all. Sure, some years it could be filled by Indiana or someone similar, but other years they could add Texas, Oklahoma, perhaps an SEC team, use it to get in the Cowboy Classic or whoever else they might want.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was a really fun game to watch. The setting was awesome. Golson looked pretty good for his first start. Atkinson was electrifying. He just needs one cut and he's gone. It's hard to judge the lines against a much undersized Navy team, but they played awesome. Purdue will be more of a physical test this week. Manti, Tuitt, and Ishaq are studs but we knew that already.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added Doug Randolph to our sick LB class today.

Expect TX WR Torii Hunter, Jr. to pop next.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The notre Dame should spent all they're money next year to get daryl revas and nandi asamaga to play corner back for them next year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very balanced game until now. However, the ND OLine has to get a handle on the Purdue DLine. They put a little bit too much pressure on Golson.
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that game was a lot tighter than I thought it would be. But we pulled it out.

I don't know what was up with Rees coming in for that final drive. Was Golson being punished for that turnover, injury, or something else? I don't get it. At any rate, Rees did lead the game-winning drive. We were brutal running the ball today. I'll give Purdue credit for a good plan in that respect, but I hope that it improves from here on out. I don't think Golson is quite ready to be able to do it all himself. Not a terrible game from Golson today although that turnover could have been a real damaging event for us.

The defense stepped up really big today. Nix and Tuitt really showed up in the front. Lots of pressure on their QBs.

Injuries certainly hurt us a bit in the 2nd half. I hope there is nothing serious with Eifert and his head. I'll wait word on him and the other guys.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golson was throwing some strikes today. He has a bright future here.
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, ND actually has a relatively decent schedule this year compared to years past.

Fortunately Michigan State, Michigan, OU and USC have all shown they have weaknesses. I only see them winning against Michigan, because its Michigan and they suck.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Golson but I prefer Rees for the time being. Rees was sharp and I would like to see them give Golson some time to develope.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I like Golson but I prefer Rees for the time being. Rees was sharp and I would like to see them give Golson some time to develope.

Kelly was adamant post-game that Golson is his starter. He dinged up his hand and that is why Rees led the final drive.

He's not going to be doing any developing on the sideline, that's for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 3 of 47

Jump to: