Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Notre Dame thread v 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the way ND-Michigan games have went for us recently, it feels so good to finally get a win over them and actually hold a lead. Tough game against them as usual.

Offense was sputtering again for most of the night. Golson had a real bad night, but we should stick by him at least for now. I'll give Rees some credit for closing well and having a few nice drives, but we were mostly stagnant with him as well.

What can you say about the defense though? Fantastic game from them. Only allowed 6 points to an explosive team and capitalized on their mistakes to the tune of 6 turnovers. Tuitt, Day, Shembo, Te'o all had big days among others.

Now 4-0.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like when I'm right, but not to the extent I was about Golson.

We can win and be a great team with a Trent Dilfer or Alex Smith at QB. We don't need a gamebreaker there, just someone who can produce some and not turn the ball over. We can't win with the play we got there tonight.

Gholson should and will get another shot, but if he keeps turning it over in the red zone, we're screwed. To expect our D to play like they did tonight every game the rest of the season isn't fair or possible.

Unless EG starts playing vastly better by the time the season ends, we need to have an open competition for the spot for the 2013 season. Luckily he'll have two weeks to try and bounce back from a sub-par outing and a terrible one...hopefully he can do it.
casesdaily

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND's defense was awesome like in the match against Michigan State, it's just stunning how powerful and solid the defensive game is. In contrast, the offense obliously has not proved a receipe for success. In my opinion, they should stick to Golson, despite his output yesterday. Rees can't be the long term answer, it seems that the already reached the peak of his development.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a lot of recruits at the game last night and the reaction was overwhelmingly positive. Rumors of a few verbals.

If we can pull in Top 10 recruiting classes with 6-8 win seasons, just imagine our classes if we have 10+ win seasons Twisted Evil
The Cryptkeeper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

casesdaily wrote:
ND's defense was awesome like in the match against Michigan State, it's just stunning how powerful and solid the defensive game is. In contrast, the offense obliously has not proved a receipe for success. In my opinion, they should stick to Golson, despite his output yesterday. Rees can't be the long term answer, it seems that the already reached the peak of his development.

I do think we should try to make it work with Golson now and he should be the starter in Miami. More importantly, I don't want us to be so tied to EG that we keep forcing him in if it's clear he's not ready for the big stage yet. That can ruin a QB as well as ruining our hopes for a BCS game this year.

And that's the thing...we're not rebuilding, we're gunning for a BCS game this year while we still have Eifert and Teo. EG's got to step his game up if he wants to keep that job. Right now, he's not getting better- he's regressing. The red zone turnovers have to stop. We could just as easily be 2-2 right now because of them.
luvmyraiderz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cryptkeeper wrote:
casesdaily wrote:

I do think we should try to make it work with Golson now and he should be the starter in Miami. More importantly, I don't want us to be so tied to EG that we keep forcing him in if it's clear he's not ready for the big stage yet. That can ruin a QB as well as ruining our hopes for a BCS game this year.

And that's the thing...we're not rebuilding, we're gunning for a BCS game this year while we still have Eifert and Teo. EG's got to step his game up if he wants to keep that job. Right now, he's not getting better- he's regressing. The red zone turnovers have to stop. We could just as easily be 2-2 right now because of them.

That second pick in the end zone was horrible. He had nothing. Should have easily thrown it away. No brainer. But i agree, we should stick with him. He's a freshman. Freshman make mistakes.

Raiders-Athletics-Warriors-Golden Bears-Fighting Irish
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are sticking with Golson. This is straight from Kelly.

My extended thoughts:

* Golson was dreadful. Terrible accuracy, terrible decision-making. Wasn't prepared at all.

* Our offensive line is terrible. There's no passing game to take the pressure off of the running game and we are, for some reason, attempting to run smashmouth football with an offensive line that isn't suited for it.

* On the other hand, our front seven is one of the best in the nation.

* Stephon Tuitt could make All-American if he keeps up this production. With our dominant run defense, it's not inconceivable.

* Manti Te'o is exemplary.

* Prince Shembo! Stud!

* Danny Spond has been outstanding these last two weeks. Loving his ability to seal the edge.

* Our young secondary has played extremely well. Zeke Motta might be the most improved player in the country.

* Brindza is CLUTCH.

* We got Torii Hunter Jr!
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like this is what we want for the rest of this current recruiting class:

1 elite CB
1 DL/pass rusher (ie: Alquadin Muhammad/Austin Hooper or we skip this one)
1-2 of whichever elite prospect wants to pull the trigger (Tarean Folston, Isaac Saviinaea, any of the 4000 elite CBs we are recruiting)

Say we end up with one of each. That's a Top 3-5 class, right there. Love it.

Leaving us with 24 recruits and 4 open spots for fifth year players. My premature guesses: Martin, Watt, Wood, and Fox.

That leaves us with up to 22 spots open next year.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to like the Manti Te'o for Heisman page on Facebook
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to be a long bye week. I'm eager to see if our offense can right the ship and put up some points on a pretty dreadful Miami defense. Also want to see if Stephon Tuitt can keep up his dominance, because if he does, we'll have our first pair of defensive All-Americans in a decade or more.
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the team we got this year. I think our offense will get better as well. With playmakers like Atkinson/Wood/Riddick to go along with Eiffert and Jones I can't help to believe we ll get better.

Hopefully we can take two of three from Stan/OU and USC which is completly possible.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
Love the team we got this year. I think our offense will get better as well. With playmakers like Atkinson/Wood/Riddick to go along with Eiffert and Jones I can't help to believe we ll get better.

Hopefully we can take two of three from Stan/OU and USC which is completly possible.

If we can get to 7-0, I think we're almost guaranteed 10+ wins.
TheGoldenChild

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are now the only team in the country that has not:

1. Trailed at any point this season
2. Allowed a rushing touchdown

Pretty sweet.
pollino14

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGoldenChild wrote:
We are now the only team in the country that has not:

1. Trailed at any point this season
2. Allowed a rushing touchdown

Pretty sweet.

Our run D is real beast. I think that will def help us against Stanford in a few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty cool. I was thinking about that Saturday when they said Bama trailed for the first time. I couldn't remember ND trailing at any point this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 6 of 43

Jump to: