Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Mizzou Thread (7-2) Ray/Golden are just Nasty
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Official Mizzou Thread (7-2) Ray/Golden are just Nasty Reply with quote

SO FRESH!

Last edited by StLunatic88 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:11 pm; edited 20 times in total
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for the best updates & info out of CoMo? Here are the Twitter accounts of who I believe are the best covering Mizzou.
(click 'em)

Last edited by StLunatic88 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:08 am; edited 5 times in total
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a ESPN Insider article, but I wanted to share that they had James Franklin as the headliner of "Most underrated players in CFB"

Frank the Tank wrote:
James Franklin, QB, Missouri Tigers
Franklin's strong résumé begins with his ranking third in the Big 12 in passer rating in conference games and seventh in rushing yards per conference game, but his case becomes even more powerful when considering how his numbers stacked up against the most highly touted dual-threat quarterback in college football: Denard Robinson.

According to cfbstats.com, Robinson posted a 146.5 passer rating and 76 rushing yards per conference contest last year. By contrast, Franklin averaged 75 rushing yards per conference game and tallied a 139.1 passer rating in Big 12 battles. Those numbers look equivalent at first glance, with Robinson holding a slight advantage, but once the strength of the Big 12 defenses is taken into account (the numbers show that the Big 12 had by far the best collection of cornerbacks in college football last season), one can see that Franklin actually outperformed Robinson. If he can replicate that level of performance against an even tougher SEC schedule in 2012, Franklin will easily earn his place in the conversation among the best dual-threat quarterbacks in college football.

Guy is going to be really good this year, Ill still tout him as the best QB in the SEC, due to his dual threat ability (and I think Muarry, Wilson, & Bray are severely overrated)
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Guy is going to be really good this year, Ill still tout him as the best QB in the SEC, due to his dual threat ability (and I think Muarry, Wilson, & Bray are severely overrated)

Murray, Wilson, and Bray are all battle-tested against SEC defenses, Franklin is not. Big difference between SEC and Big 12 defenses, while Franklin is very talented, he has an awful lot to prove before he can be declared the best in the SEC.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
This was a ESPN Insider article, but I wanted to share that they had James Franklin as the headliner of "Most underrated players in CFB"

Frank the Tank wrote:
James Franklin, QB, Missouri Tigers
Franklin's strong résumé begins with his ranking third in the Big 12 in passer rating in conference games and seventh in rushing yards per conference game, but his case becomes even more powerful when considering how his numbers stacked up against the most highly touted dual-threat quarterback in college football: Denard Robinson.

According to cfbstats.com, Robinson posted a 146.5 passer rating and 76 rushing yards per conference contest last year. By contrast, Franklin averaged 75 rushing yards per conference game and tallied a 139.1 passer rating in Big 12 battles. Those numbers look equivalent at first glance, with Robinson holding a slight advantage, but once the strength of the Big 12 defenses is taken into account (the numbers show that the Big 12 had by far the best collection of cornerbacks in college football last season), one can see that Franklin actually outperformed Robinson. If he can replicate that level of performance against an even tougher SEC schedule in 2012, Franklin will easily earn his place in the conversation among the best dual-threat quarterbacks in college football.

I agree, Franklin is going to make some noise this year. Being in the SEC is only going to boost his spotlight, especially if he can last against those defenses... I proudly sport my Mizzou hat while working in the kitchen, but get greeted with this speculation all the time: "They're screwed, being in the SEC." I think I'm one of few optimists that believe this move could actually really help them. People said the same thing when Arkansas moved over, and that program has been doing great things (even though it took some time...) I think with this team, MU will hit the ground running and get this transition off to a nice start.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helmets are nice but the unis remind me of Arizona State

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice uniforms.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Helmets are nice but the unis remind me of Arizona State
While I understand that, that has alot to do with the same color scheme (Black, White, Yellow) and the same way they have been presented by Nike (almost exact same ads/previews)

But once they are out on the field, they are uniquely Mizzou. With their own created font, the standardizing of the yellow across all platforms, and the new Rebranding of "Mizzou" rather than "Missouri" are all major things. But the biggest of all is the helmets, and finally taking the 'Block M' off.

Too many people (pretty much everyone) would see the gold block M and immediately think Michigan, as they should. Alot of the old farts didnt want to move away from it but we needed to brand ourselves, an while there are also plenty of Tigers also none have a Tiger Head logo as recognizable as Mizzou does, as well as the name "Mizzou".
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two guys who I think are gonna have big seasons and take the proverbial "next step" are WR Marcus Lucas and DE Kony Ealy...

Excited to see both of these guys as starters...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
cp0k2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is DGB on the depth chart headed into the season? What are the expectations for him?
ICE13

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Black Helmets with the Golden Tiger are sick

"As always, criminal justice proceedings, if any, take precedence over any NCAA actions" - Mark Emmert, 1982
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
Two guys who I think are gonna have big seasons and take the proverbial "next step" are WR Marcus Lucas and DE Kony Ealy...

Excited to see both of these guys as starters...

Yeah I'm pretty excited to see Kony Early as well, think I heard that the dude put on like 65 pounds, our Defensive line crew should be pretty solid this year. I'm also pretty damn excited to watch EJ Gaines go up against some SEC Competition, Dave Matter has pretty much been raving about how good he looks all camp.

Anyone see that Mitch Hall just transferred a few days ago from Ole Miss to Mizzou. Obviously can't play this year but he seems like a good get, big boy at 6'6 330 pounds. Was a 3-star according to Rivals.

Oh and I can't leave without.....

http://instagram.com/p/OPYDaTmxI5/

What happened to Chase? Man I knew that guy didn't have the skills to be a blocker but with the way Tight Ends are used today, I thought he'd be a solid player in the NFL. I mean his hands were some of the best I've seen, Thought him and Rucker would at least be decent enough to stick on a 53-man.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cp0k2 wrote:
Where is DGB on the depth chart headed into the season? What are the expectations for him?

He'll be the starter as the Y-Receiver. I'm pretty sure Danario Alexander and Jeremy Maclin played that position, as did Michael Egnew. Could be wrong, but I think that's where they played.

I am expecting him to eclipse 1,000 yards by week 5 like he did in my NCAA Dynasty, duh.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty excited to see Kony Early as well, think I heard that the dude put on like 65 pounds, our Defensive line crew should be pretty solid this year.
This full D-Line rotation could be really good this year, much more "SEC ready" than most were expecting, especially the way Hoch has come in this season, and especially if Harold Brantley can be a depth contributor as a freshman.

Quote:
I'm also pretty damn excited to watch EJ Gaines go up against some SEC Competition, Dave Matter has pretty much been raving about how good he looks all camp.
I still think EJ was the beast Corner in the BigXII last seasson, and that was against better offenses in a confrence that many believe is the best collection of CBs in the country.

The guy has gotten even better if Camp is any indication, breaking up more passes, guys not even wanting to look his way, and now making the Big Picks at a more efficient rate.

Quote:
Anyone see that Mitch Hall just transferred a few days ago from Ole Miss to Mizzou. Obviously can't play this year but he seems like a good get, big boy at 6'6 330 pounds. Was a 3-star according to Rivals.
Seen that, really happy about it, especially with a guy like Gatti being one of the next OTs in line who cant stay healthy. We recruited Hall out of HS, and were runner up to Ole Miss, which was essentially runner up to Houston Nutt. He went there because of him and to follow his brother, who also originally was supposed to be at Arkansas with Nutt, but followed him to Ole Miss.

Big boy, with good skills, should be a huge help next season with Darius White (that '13 WR group is going to be insane)

Quote:
What happened to Chase? Man I knew that guy didn't have the skills to be a blocker but with the way Tight Ends are used today, I thought he'd be a solid player in the NFL. I mean his hands were some of the best I've seen, Thought him and Rucker would at least be decent enough to stick on a 53-man.
Neither Coffman or T-Ruck could run an actual route to save their lives, and really took advantage of sub par Safety/coverage LB play in the Big XII. All ontop of not bieng able to block anyone. They were just oversized WRs who didnt have the speed to make it in the League.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to mention something about all the Freshman making impressions during fall camp for a few reasons; First we are now in the SEC, and Depth is more important than anything. FR will be called on to make bigger impacts, and also because we have a good number of guys coming off this roster after the season.
Kendial Lawrence -RB
Rolandis Woodland -WR
T.J. Moe -WR
Gahn McGaffie -WR
Elvis Fisher -LT
Jack Meiners -G
Brad Madison -DE
Jimmy Burge -NT
Zaviar Gooden -LB
Will Ebner -LB
Kenronte Walker -S
And that doesnt even take into account guys who could leave for the NFL early. EJ and Sheldon could be looking at that possibility. Less likely, but still possible; Andrew Wilson, Marcus Lucas and James Franklin.

But we are seeing a good number of FR looking really good in camp, and many of them could see a decent-to-alot of time on Saturdays.

Obviously DGB is going to be the key guy here, lining up in the Y position, where DX had so much success, Egnew flourished for the past few years, and all the way back to Coffman/Rucker made their names. And none of them were even close to the Talent of DGB. But he isnt the only one, with injuries along the OL racking up, Evan Boehm has a real shot to be the other Starter at Guard. At the least he will be the backup to both Guard positions. Another guy on offense who was shining before he got hurt was Sean Culkin at TE. I think this kid that we stole out of Florida is going to be one heck of a talent, starting this season. He broke his finger so he shouldnt be out long. These 2 new weapons for Frank are going to be huge. With Josey out for the year, we need both Lawrence and Murphy to step up to carry the rock. But now that he is healthy, Russel Hansbrough is quickly moving up the depth chart. He is already the #3 RB, and some think he can still overtake Marcus Murphy. Regardless we are going to see him out there as part of that revolver of a backfield. Russel is more like Joesy than the other two, even though they are all smaller/shifty guys, Hansbrough is a homerun hitter. On the otherside of the ball, there are a bunch of guys who look really good in camp, but arent likely to see alot of time and should redshirt. Guys like Ricky Hatley, Donivan Newsome, Markus Golden, & John Gibson. But there are guys who will be big parts of the D, like Harold Brantley. He has powered his way into the DT discussion, a spot that was a major concern going into this season. He wasnt that highly touted as a prospect (our only 2*) but he forsure had an offer from Syracuse, and according to him had them from Penn St and WVU as well. In the past few seasons we have always had a FR Linebacker get major time, but now we have a really good group of Backers. If anyone is going to crack this lineup and see time it would be Michael Scherer, a guy who has legit SEC size and is looking really good in camp. Outside of Kenronte Walker, the Safety spot is pretty jumbled, and Ka'ra Stewart is sure making a case to be one of the guys to see alot of time. Love the way he plays the game, fast & fierce.

In the end we are going to have a good amount of FR contribute and even be major components/Starters from here-on-out, and that is one major difference than what we are used to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: