Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your Playoff Top 4 after 3 Weeks
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 22049
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Your Playoff Top 4 after 3 Weeks Reply with quote

Im wondering what everyone is thinking for their top 4 at the moment.

1.Oregon
-At the moment, they have the best win in the nation against Michigan State, and it was a dominant one in the second half.

2.Texas A&M
-Georgia beat a pretty good team in Clemson, but they lost a close game to South Carolina, who got blown out by A&M. That is very impressive at the moment.

3.Oklahoma
-They have not played a conference game yet, but they dismantled Tennessee this weekend, and Trevor Knight looks like he could be the real deal. Their defense has been dominate.

4.LSU
-They might have had a little luck on their side, but they beat a good Wisconsin team to begin the season. They havent done anything since to show that they arent a very good team.

Just Missed:
Florida State, Alabama, Auburn
_________________

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8268
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Florida State - Can't dethrone the champ till they lose, IMO.
2. Oregon - Best win in NCAA right now.
3. Oklahoma - I think they look like the best team so far (i.e strong on both sides of ball).
4. Texas A&M - Of all the SEC teams, they have the best "win" thus far (@SC), still early though.

Just Missed: Alabama, Auburn, LSU, and Baylor.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheesehead430


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 14086
Location: 414/813
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Your Playoff Top 4 after 3 Weeks Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Im wondering what everyone is thinking for their top 4 at the moment.

1.Oregon
-At the moment, they have the best win in the nation against Michigan State, and it was a dominant one in the second half.

2.Texas A&M
-Georgia beat a pretty good team in Clemson, but they lost a close game to South Carolina, who got blown out by A&M. That is very impressive at the moment.

3.Oklahoma
-They have not played a conference game yet, but they dismantled Tennessee this weekend, and Trevor Knight looks like he could be the real deal. Their defense has been dominate.

4.LSU
-They might have had a little luck on their side, but they beat a good Wisconsin team to begin the season. They havent done anything since to show that they arent a very good team.

Just Missed:
Florida State, Alabama, Auburn


Laughing
_________________
Go Pack Go...
*Jaboo Tracker*
237/349, 67.9 comp%, 3,820 yards, 38 TD's, 10 INT's
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steelpanther


Joined: 28 Aug 2013
Posts: 412
Location: Rocket City
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just go with slots. Schedules are so uneven right now its hard to judge anything.


1. SEC Champ

2. FSU/ND Winner

3. PAC 12 Champ

4, Big 12 Champ


Until a conference starts to beat each other up, I think these slots will hold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
d_stanton2lions


Joined: 18 Mar 2007
Posts: 2813
Location: Boulder, Colorado
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelpanther wrote:
I'll just go with slots. Schedules are so uneven right now its hard to judge anything.


1. SEC Champ

2. FSU/ND Winner

3. PAC 12 Champ

4, Big 12 Champ


Until a conference starts to beat each other up, I think these slots will hold.


You mean until a conference gets exposed for not being very good?
_________________
“Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind.”
~ HDThoreau
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steelpanther


Joined: 28 Aug 2013
Posts: 412
Location: Rocket City
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d_stanton2lions wrote:
steelpanther wrote:
I'll just go with slots. Schedules are so uneven right now its hard to judge anything.


1. SEC Champ

2. FSU/ND Winner

3. PAC 12 Champ

4, Big 12 Champ


Until a conference starts to beat each other up, I think these slots will hold.


You mean until a conference gets exposed for not being very good?



Losing to teams in your own conference doesn't make the it weaker(or stronger). Losing every high-profile match-up with OOC teams, combined with multiple embarrassing upsets to lower level teams, will expose a conference as weak. But that's not something you would know about, is it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jshowers


Joined: 03 May 2013
Posts: 12709
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Florida State - Most complete and talented roster in CFB with an elite QB. Undefeated ACC champ.
2. Oregon - Quieted concerns about lack of depth/experience and will be a tough out for anyone. Undefeated Pac 12 champ. Also have an elite QB.
3. Baylor - Most explosive offense in CFB when conditions are right and things are clicking. Will get healthy down the stretch which is key. Undefeated Big 12 champ. Have a good QB.
4. Auburn - SEC champ despite a loss somewhere along the road, but beats Alabama again and is deserving of this spot. Insane offensive talent and depth with two good QBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 7006
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early for me to say.

Want to wait until I see most of the SEC West play each other. And also want to see Oklahoma play WVU next week.

In my point of view, 4 games this week will be important for how I view certain teams and for a lot of resumes:

Auburn at Kansas State (Want to see how Auburn fares in their first real test of the year)
Oklahoma at WVU (Will be a good indication of where both teams are)
Clemson at FSU (Because FSU doesn't really have too many more real challenges outside of Notre Dame the rest of the way)
Florida at Alabama (How will Alabama's offense under Blake Sims look against the most talented defense they have faced so far this year)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8268
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Too early for me to say.

Want to wait until I see most of the SEC West play each other. And also want to see Oklahoma play WVU next week.

In my point of view, 4 games this week will be important for how I view certain teams and for a lot of resumes:

Auburn at Kansas State (Want to see how Auburn fares in their first real test of the year)
Oklahoma at WVU (Will be a good indication of where both teams are)
Clemson at FSU (Because FSU doesn't really have too many more real challenges outside of Notre Dame the rest of the way)
Florida at Alabama (How will Alabama's offense under Blake Sims look against the most talented defense they have faced so far this year)

Thats not saying much... Gave up 30 yesterday to Kentucky! Laughing


As you said, I think the first (and biggest) indicator for the SEC is on October 4th. After that we should know how the conference could shape out.
LSU @ AUB
BAMA @ OLE MISS
TA&M @ MISS ST
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Moderator
Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 35307
Location: Do. Your. Job.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bama
auburn
tamu
lsu

yes?
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malibuspeedrace


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 14134
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
bama
auburn
tamu
lsu

yes?


eSPNs pants are tight at the thought of this.
_________________
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Can't believe I'm saying this, but go OSU.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 22049
Location: Tyler Starr, Adopt a Falcon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Playoff Top 4 after 3 Weeks Reply with quote

Cheesehead430 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Im wondering what everyone is thinking for their top 4 at the moment.

1.Oregon
-At the moment, they have the best win in the nation against Michigan State, and it was a dominant one in the second half.

2.Texas A&M
-Georgia beat a pretty good team in Clemson, but they lost a close game to South Carolina, who got blown out by A&M. That is very impressive at the moment.

3.Oklahoma
-They have not played a conference game yet, but they dismantled Tennessee this weekend, and Trevor Knight looks like he could be the real deal. Their defense has been dominate.

4.LSU
-They might have had a little luck on their side, but they beat a good Wisconsin team to begin the season. They havent done anything since to show that they arent a very good team.

Just Missed:
Florida State, Alabama, Auburn


Laughing


Like usual, you give great insight on things.
_________________

#JDI

Taysom Hill 2014 Heisman Campaign
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakleyCap


Joined: 05 Jul 2013
Posts: 5264
Location: CA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Alabama
4. Oklahoma
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheesehead430


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 14086
Location: 414/813
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Playoff Top 4 after 3 Weeks Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Cheesehead430 wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
Im wondering what everyone is thinking for their top 4 at the moment.

1.Oregon
-At the moment, they have the best win in the nation against Michigan State, and it was a dominant one in the second half.

2.Texas A&M
-Georgia beat a pretty good team in Clemson, but they lost a close game to South Carolina, who got blown out by A&M. That is very impressive at the moment.

3.Oklahoma
-They have not played a conference game yet, but they dismantled Tennessee this weekend, and Trevor Knight looks like he could be the real deal. Their defense has been dominate.

4.LSU
-They might have had a little luck on their side, but they beat a good Wisconsin team to begin the season. They havent done anything since to show that they arent a very good team.

Just Missed:
Florida State, Alabama, Auburn


Laughing


Like usual, you give great insight on things.


Wouldn't know where to start. Pretty damn self explanatory.
_________________
Go Pack Go...
*Jaboo Tracker*
237/349, 67.9 comp%, 3,820 yards, 38 TD's, 10 INT's
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
1King


Moderator
Joined: 11 Mar 2008
Posts: 34167
Location: daboyle250 on the sig.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida State
Oregon


2 out of Oklahoma/Baylor/Alabama/LSU
_________________


El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.


candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome


TEAM STYLISH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group