Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EPL (+ Swansea...) Part VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15702
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexM23 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
Cleverley should start every game.

Surprise somebody from New Castle isn't sent off yet.


I'm surprised Man Utd haven't, the ref has been awful towards us

Lol Tiote, Gutierrez, Cabaye etc. take your pick all could have been off.

What about RVP just then off the ball on Cabaye? Laughing


No booking on that one right? FA may look at it I think.

Now that I see it maybe the ball was across the line but it's really close. Goal line technology 100% needed; ref made the right call I think it's just so close.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 23947
Location: Eagles Forum HOF
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Cabaye to blame.......lol, RVP looked at him, then swung his arm.....

Webb was ablaze of red today
_________________
IrishGreen wrote:
i love the eagles fans on here
i wish we could merge with them and make a mega fanbase

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28017
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm sorry but the rule states the entire ball has to cross the line and that didn't.

I'm not going to lie I've only seen ESPN goals as I've been travelling back from Poland all day, how was the game?
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ThinkICare


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 3421
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Gareth Bale really do that? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 11401
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Did Gareth Bale really do that? Laughing


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 3941
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Yeah I'm sorry but the rule states the entire ball has to cross the line and that didn't.

I'm not going to lie I've only seen ESPN goals as I've been travelling back from Poland all day, how was the game?


You guys looked very good. Night and day difference then what happened against Spurs. Defense played very well, Ba was basically a non factor. Evra looked great, Cleverly continued to show top class promise, Evans as well. Carrick had a great bounce back game. The only player who didn't look very good was De Gea. Yeah he did a great job recovering to save that header, but he looked so nervous in goal. Even with his defense basically shutting down the Newcastle attack. I know he's still young, but his confidence needs to start improving if he wants to reach his potential.
_________________


^Kempes on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15702
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:
Did Gareth Bale really do that? Laughing




That's the kind of thing retroactive bans for diving would do.

Obviously it wouldn't be a commonality because there's a lot of subjectivity in it when there's very minimal contact, thus making it a bit controversial, however if you issue a ban for blatant dives (that aren't booked I suppose) then perhaps you could see a decline in it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35622
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate international break so much.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ArodFanboy


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 3941
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:
Did Gareth Bale really do that? Laughing




I think it's pretty clear there that the wind from the defender passing by overwhelmed Bale and he was knocked off balance and on to the ground. Honest mistake.
_________________


^Kempes on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 11401
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
teamorange wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:
Did Gareth Bale really do that? Laughing




I think it's pretty clear there that the wind from the defender passing by overwhelmed Bale and he was knocked off balance and on to the ground. Honest mistake.


Nah he was just trying to protect himself from the tackle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oregon Ducks


Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Posts: 15449
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suarez had a funny dive against Stoke.
_________________

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ThinkICare


Joined: 08 Jan 2010
Posts: 3421
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
Suarez had a funny dive against Stoke.


That he did which he should've got carded for. But I couldn't help, but laugh at that dive from Bale considering all the guff Suarez gets for diving or "overplaying" a contact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 20854
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
Webb was ablaze of red today


Bore off. Your credibility was lost the second you tried saying the officiating was a joke because of the ball not crossing the line. Even Alan Pardew (who is up there with Fergie in terms of his bias) said the ball didn't cross the line. How you can call out the linesman/ref for not giving a decision that everyone (bar yourself evidently) isn't 100% sure crossed the line is just beyond me.

And as for you calling out the officiating for the rest of the game; you need to get your eyes sorted. Yoann Cabaye commited about 3 fouls worthy of a yellow card without getting booked, and the cynical nature of some of the Newcastle tackling was an utter joke. How the **** Webb booked Kagawa for that tackle but didn't book Cabaye defies belief. Great, you showed a clip of Evra pulling Cisse's shirt that happens in EVERY game Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Go look at Van Persie getting molested from the corner Evra scored from, and show is a screen shot of that.

Van Persie was out of order for swinging his arm at Cabaye. Granted, I would have done something similar if Cabaye did that to me (not even looking at the ball, just blocked Van Persie's run) but you cannot swing your elbow at someone. He will likely get a 3 game ban during and potentially miss the Chelsea away game which is huge.

As for the game - yet again, you will have to ignore Blahman88 who said Newcastle "dominated" once Pardew changed it. Just like the Cluj game, United were in control other than a couple of half chances from crosses where De Gea looked awful. The game was never in doubt once we got those early goals, so we sat back (a little too much) and tried to play on the counter which worked a lot better when Valencia came on and gave us a bit more width. I thought our back 4 was brilliant yesterday, Evans in particular. Cleverley carried on his good form from the Cluj game and Van Persie's hold up play is nothing short of sublime. I thought Rooney was very good but he was still sloppy in possession at times.

United definitely deserved the 3 points, and I am glad that fixture is done for another year.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
asgardian


Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Posts: 6091
Location: VA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
ThinkICare wrote:
Did Gareth Bale really do that? Laughing





I've watched this for like 5 minutes and keep laughing. It's perfect.
_________________
It's [insert any time here] and Georgetown still sucks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 23947
Location: Eagles Forum HOF
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Blahman88 wrote:
Webb was ablaze of red today


Bore off. Your credibility was lost the second you tried saying the officiating was a joke because of the ball not crossing the line. Even Alan Pardew (who is up there with Fergie in terms of his bias) said the ball didn't cross the line. How you can call out the linesman/ref for not giving a decision that everyone (bar yourself evidently) isn't 100% sure crossed the line is just beyond me.

And as for you calling out the officiating for the rest of the game; you need to get your eyes sorted. Yoann Cabaye commited about 3 fouls worthy of a yellow card without getting booked, and the cynical nature of some of the Newcastle tackling was an utter joke. How the **** Webb booked Kagawa for that tackle but didn't book Cabaye defies belief. Great, you showed a clip of Evra pulling Cisse's shirt that happens in EVERY game Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Go look at Van Persie getting molested from the corner Evra scored from, and show is a screen shot of that.

Van Persie was out of order for swinging his arm at Cabaye. Granted, I would have done something similar if Cabaye did that to me (not even looking at the ball, just blocked Van Persie's run) but you cannot swing your elbow at someone. He will likely get a 3 game ban during and potentially miss the Chelsea away game which is huge.

As for the game - yet again, you will have to ignore Blahman88 who said Newcastle "dominated" once Pardew changed it. Just like the Cluj game, United were in control other than a couple of half chances from crosses where De Gea looked awful. The game was never in doubt once we got those early goals, so we sat back (a little too much) and tried to play on the counter which worked a lot better when Valencia came on and gave us a bit more width. I thought our back 4 was brilliant yesterday, Evans in particular. Cleverley carried on his good form from the Cluj game and Van Persie's hold up play is nothing short of sublime. I thought Rooney was very good but he was still sloppy in possession at times.

United definitely deserved the 3 points, and I am glad that fixture is done for another year.


We dominated the middle portion of the game, after the third goal you killed us off with possession, but between the 20th and 60th you had no shots, we had 8-10. You guys were unbelievable the first 20 minutes, and rightly deserved your two goal lead, but after that in the first half we battered you with no end product.

We weren't give anything from the ref first 20 minutes with your barging at the back. RVP had three bookable offences, and on straight red, Any contact in the first 20 minutes was granted to Man Utd as a free-kick, was ridiculous.

It's a penalty, it's clear as day........Mike Williamson does it at every corner and gives away penalties. IT IS A FOUL, doesn't matter if it happens at every corner.

KAgawa deserved a yellow, Scholes deserved a yellow, Tiote deserved a yellow, Cabaye deserved a yellow. Dont make out Webb was NUFC sided, because that is a joke.
_________________
IrishGreen wrote:
i love the eagles fans on here
i wish we could merge with them and make a mega fanbase

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 80 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group