Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah..great prospect. Size and arm great. Showed and proved this year. He is really the number 2 QB in this draft. though this draft is week..i think only one qb is worth the 1st round...he is a high second round qb.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
yeah..great prospect. Size and arm great. Showed and proved this year. He is really the number 2 QB in this draft. though this draft is week..i think only one qb is worth the 1st round...he is a high second round qb.

This draft is not week. Stop drinking the cool aid.
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

NFLSoup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Eh, it's looking pretty light on offensive standouts.

This is a draft for OG's, DE's, DT's and safeties.

Everything else is pretty average.
Falastine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFLSoup wrote:
Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Offensive standouts? This is a GREAT draft for WRs and TEs, and there's plenty of depth at RB.

I remember people said that the 2011 draft as week, and I was one of the very few people here who was a huge fan of it. Expect the same thing this year.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
NFLSoup wrote:
Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Offensive standouts? This is a GREAT draft for WRs and TEs, and there's plenty of depth at RB.

I remember people said that the 2011 draft as week, and I was one of the very few people here who was a huge fan of it. Expect the same thing this year.

Who was saying 2011 was weak? That draft literally had elite level prospects all over it.

Julio was constantly being compared to TO.
Watt was considered one of the best 3-4 DE prospects in a while.
AJ Green was highly rated as a dominant WR.
Cam was the most athletic QB to come out in years.
Peterson was the most athletic CB at the combine in years.
Von Miller was the most athletic OLB at the combine in years

Then you had players that dominant college like Prince Amukamara, Nick Fairley, etc. An incredibly deep OT class that many thought had a lot of first rounders. A DE class with a great mix of guys like Robert Quinn, Clayborn, and Smith. I really dont remember anyone here at all saying it was a weak draft.

Looking at this draft though, I would say there are not many elite prospects. Really, the only elite level prospect I see is Star. Only guy that is just physically on another level as a top level guy. Other than that, who would be considered a freak athlete at the top? Maybe Joeckel and Matthews, but that would be it for me.
Falastine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
Falastine wrote:
NFLSoup wrote:
Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Who was saying 2011 was weak? That draft literally had elite level prospects all over it.

Then you had players that dominant college like Prince Amukamara, Nick Fairley, etc. An incredibly deep OT class that many thought had a lot of first rounders. A DE class with a great mix of guys like Robert Quinn, Clayborn, and Smith. I really dont remember anyone here at all saying it was a weak draft.

Looking at this draft though, I would say there are not many elite prospects. Really, the only elite level prospect I see is Star. Only guy that is just physically on another level as a top level guy. Other than that, who would be considered a freak athlete at the top? Maybe Joeckel and Matthews, but that would be it for me.

Everybody. I'd say 95% of the people here said that the 2011 draft was a week one.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
Falastine wrote:
NFLSoup wrote:
Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

This isn't a weak draft at all. People only make this claim because it's not a strong QB draft. In fact, the only position that seems weak to me is QB. CB appears kind of average. Aside from that, there's a lot of depth at other positions and it's a ridiculously strong WR/TE draft with a lot of players on the OL as well.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Falastine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
PacAttack04 wrote:
Falastine wrote:
NFLSoup wrote:
Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

This isn't a weak draft at all. People only make this claim because it's not a strong QB draft. In fact, the only position that seems weak to me is QB. CB appears kind of average. Aside from that, there's a lot of depth at other positions and it's a ridiculously strong WR/TE draft with a lot of players on the OL as well.

DT is strong as well. LB and S is solid as well.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
PacAttack04 wrote:
Falastine wrote:
NFLSoup wrote:
Falastine wrote:
DudeWhat?? wrote:

Running back looks extremely weak to me. I only see two guys going in the first two days really, Ball and Taylor, and even then people dont like them.

I see TE, but I dont see WR. I see a lot of guys that could be starters, but a true level, elite #1 guy? Or even a good #1? I look at this draft and a draft with guys like Kenny Britt and Hakeem Nicks going late and I would have put them above any WR this year. Obviously, Nicks and Britt fell just due to being in a rediculously strong WR draft, but still, I dont see any great WRs at all.

OL I can see, its deep and has two great top tier guys on the interior and the Texas A&M duo.

DE is alright, deep but no one great. No true elite level DE, all just seem like a bunch of guys that could start, but no one elite.

But this draft just lacks star talent. The fact that everyone at the top of the draft doesn't really want to have that pick says enough. Nobody wants to be picking high this year. You look at a draft like 2011, everyone knew AJ Green would probably be elite. Everyone thought Miller could be a stud 3-4 OLB. Jones after his combine was considered on par with Green in some ways. Peterson was just a freak CB. There were guys that everyone wanted to have. This draft, its nowhere near like that. It reminds me of the 2005 draft a lot. A lot of good players. But no freak, cant miss guys.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:

Running back looks extremely weak to me. I only see two guys going in the first two days really, Ball and Taylor, and even then people dont like them.

HB is never weak. It may not look strong in comparison but there's always a lot of depth and you can always find players deep into the draft.

Quote:
I see TE, but I dont see WR. I see a lot of guys that could be starters, but a true level, elite #1 guy? Or even a good #1? I look at this draft and a draft with guys like Kenny Britt and Hakeem Nicks going late and I would have put them above any WR this year. Obviously, Nicks and Britt fell just due to being in a rediculously strong WR draft, but still, I dont see any great WRs at all.

Not a chance. That draft is just like this one. Legitimately, just like this one. This draft is ridiculous in terms of depth and actually compares quite favorably to that one. Don't believe me?
Crabtree -> Allen
Harvin -> Austin
DHB -> Hunter
Nicks -> Patterson
Britt -> Rogers
Maclin -> Woods

Then you have guys like Terrance Williams, Markus Wheaton(Mike Wallace), Stedman Bailey, DeAndre Hopkins, Cobi Hamilton and Quinton Patton. This class has ridiculous depth and a good 5 to 6 WRs with 1st round talent.

BTW, I realize the comparison above aren't perfect as Hunter is far better than DHB while Maclin and Woods aren't that close of a comparison but the point is that this draft counters that one. In fact, Terrance Williams and DeAndre Hopkins are arguably better than some of the WRs involved in the comparison(I have Williams ranked above all of the 2013 WRs).

Calling this a weak WR class is completely bogus.

Quote:
DE is alright, deep but no one great. No true elite level DE, all just seem like a bunch of guys that could start, but no one elite.

Seriously? This is pretty much all high upside DEs...a lot of boom/bust guys.

Quote:
But this draft just lacks star talent. The fact that everyone at the top of the draft doesn't really want to have that pick says enough. Nobody wants to be picking high this year. You look at a draft like 2011, everyone knew AJ Green would probably be elite. Everyone thought Miller could be a stud 3-4 OLB. Jones after his combine was considered on par with Green in some ways. Peterson was just a freak CB. There were guys that everyone wanted to have. This draft, its nowhere near like that. It reminds me of the 2005 draft a lot. A lot of good players. But no freak, cant miss guys.

Then you're misremembering. It's called nostalgia. A lot of people had questions about all those players except Green and Peterson.

Falastine wrote:

DT is strong as well. LB and S is solid as well.[/quote]

I think both DL positions are strong and I agree, both S and LB are solid...have a lot of depth.

Falastine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The fact that everyone at the top of the draft doesn't really want to have that pick says enough. Nobody wants to be picking high this year. You look at a draft like 2011, everyone knew AJ Green would probably be elite. Everyone thought Miller could be a stud 3-4 OLB. Jones after his combine was considered on par with Green in some ways. Peterson was just a freak CB. There were guys that everyone wanted to have. This draft, its nowhere near like that. It reminds me of the 2005 draft a lot. A lot of good players. But no freak, cant miss guys.

A lot of people didn't even have Cam Newton in the first round. J.J. Watt was overlooked, Von Miller was looked at his a one dimensional pass-rusher, Aldon Smith as too raw, etc.

It's easy saying that now, but look back on some of the threads before the 2011 draft. Most people were down on it. I know because I used to get into a lot of these discussions with them.

I remember was criticized to no end for saying that J.J. Watt should get looks for the #1 overall pick.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
Quote:
The fact that everyone at the top of the draft doesn't really want to have that pick says enough. Nobody wants to be picking high this year. You look at a draft like 2011, everyone knew AJ Green would probably be elite. Everyone thought Miller could be a stud 3-4 OLB. Jones after his combine was considered on par with Green in some ways. Peterson was just a freak CB. There were guys that everyone wanted to have. This draft, its nowhere near like that. It reminds me of the 2005 draft a lot. A lot of good players. But no freak, cant miss guys.

A lot of people didn't even have Cam Newton in the first round. J.J. Watt was overlooked, Von Miller was looked at his a one dimensional pass-rusher, Aldon Smith as too raw, etc.

It's easy saying that now, but look back on some of the threads before the 2011 draft. Most people were down on it. I know because I used to get into a lot of these discussions with them.

I remember was criticized to no end for saying that J.J. Watt should get looks for the #1 overall pick.

I know I did. And you surely have come out ahead on that battle.

But I was also one of the people who didn't think the 2011 Draft was weak at all.

Falastine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Falastine wrote:
Quote:

But I was also one of the people who didn't think the 2011 Draft was weak at all.

True, you and I were one of the few who were fans of the '11 draft.
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falastine wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Falastine wrote:
Quote:

True, you and I were one of the few who were fans of the '11 draft.

I think the issue is that it seems every year that people call the draft weak because they compare it to the preceding 2 drafts AFTER the players have already panned out. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: