Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
He had a good week but then I watched game highlights from last year and it kinda killed the buzz for me. He will bust big time if he's forced to start right away.

I think that pretty much goes for any QB in this class. All very inconsistent. I really like Manuel though. Reminds me a bit of Newton and Kapernick at times. Needs to work on his deep ball accuracy. Was really impressed about 2nd half vs Clemson this year. He'd be a nice 2 year QB to develop.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a dual threat QB enthusiast, not exactly that sold on EJ Manuel

Doesn't seem to have the greatest athleticism and his awareness needs a lot of work

His best chance to succeed is if he is in a dual threat QB friendly offense of a Chip Kelly

But still he doesn't strike me as a guy who will be anything close to successful if he has to start from day one
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else think the Bills should try to get him? Him and Spiller would be dangerous, and he has the arm strength to survive the conditions up there. He also wouldn't need to start right away. Fitzpatrick could probably teach him a thing or two considering he's probably one of the smartest players in the NFL (book smarts).

R.I.P. Stylish
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:

Doesn't seem to have the greatest athleticism and his awareness needs a lot of work

His best chance to succeed is if he is in a dual threat QB friendly offense of a Chip Kelly

But still he doesn't strike me as a guy who will be anything close to successful if he has to start from day one

I don't think he has the athleticism of a Kaepernick or Newton per say, but compares more to guys like Ben Rothlisberger. He's able to take hits and stay upright as well as move in the pocket and behind the line of scrimmage and extend plays. He does seem very hesistant to run though. If you watch him run on tape though he definitely has some wheels somewhere around 4.6 on a 40 probably.

Noone but Geno in this draft is gonna look great on Day one ... and for Geno its only if he is put in a situation with WRs and the right offensive system.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
BBIB wrote:

I don't think he has the athleticism of a Kaepernick or Newton per say, but compares more to guys like Ben Rothlisberger. He's able to take hits and stay upright as well as move in the pocket and behind the line of scrimmage and extend plays. He does seem very hesistant to run though. If you watch him run on tape though he definitely has some wheels somewhere around 4.6 on a 40 probably.

Noone but Geno in this draft is gonna look great on Day one ... and for Geno its only if he is put in a situation with WRs and the right offensive system.

I definitely agree with you on the bolded. I would say however that even though he is closer to Big Ben than Kaepernick by far when it comes to a comparison, from what I have seen he doesn't have near the strength to hold up under pressure as Big Ben. My impression when watching him deal with pressure is that he seems to go down alot quicker than you would expect for someone of his size. Maybe it is more of a case of balance than anything else, but I see plays where Big Ben has defenders draped all over him and still makes a play while Manuel strikes me as someone that gets tripped up alot easier.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing how big of a troll he is, EJ will prolly be a HOF in the NFL just to spite FSU fans.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
Tyler Wilson lacks arm strength. His sideline throws in this game were awful. The ball isn't a tight spiral. It's a wobbler.

Manuel is a big guy. 35" Arms. 6-4 227 over 10 inch hands. I like that about him. I also like his poise, maturity & College success. I'd like to see him really spin it. But he's not being given that chance.

Could move up boards. Lots of questions about this class.

I personally really like EJ Manuel. He isnt gonna be a early first round QB like Luck Griffin, but the guy really does have arm strength. He always seems to be humble and very mature. Btw I believe it was 6'4 237 not 227. I don't see why he's being knocked so bad by so many people.

The guy played and won bowl game with a broken bone in his leg!

Kinda reminds me of Kaepernick. Smart, can scramble, humble. Roughly the same size too.

Doesnt have Kaepernick's top end speed though but pretty accurate comparison otherwise

Yeah, that was the main reason I said kinda. Agreed.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:

Bah. A long time ago, Byron Leftwich did that for Marshall. Razz

I was high on Manuel before, and from all the reports, seems as if he's jumping up boards right about now. If he does well in his Pro Day and Combine performances, does anyone see him as a top 10 selection?

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
BBIB wrote:

Manuel reminds me a lot of Donovan McNabb in terms of athleticism.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still not sold on him. He is a third round prospect IMO.

#TeamManfred
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:

I was high on Manuel before, and from all the reports, seems as if he's jumping up boards right about now. If he does well in his Pro Day and Combine performances, does anyone see him as a top 10 selection?

I think he goes in the 2nd. I could see late first but somewhere in the second is just what I think.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
KBS756 wrote:

I could definitely see him going there. Not that he deserves it, but he has a strong arm, good frame, and fits the trendy mold of a mobile QB. He made some nice throws at the Senior Bowl, and went to a big school. Also he is a QB, which automatically bumps him up 50-100 spots on most big boards. If Locker can go top 10, Manuel can go top 10. If Gabbert can even go in round 1, Manuel can go #1. A lot of things can happen with him. I think, like I said earlier, that Buffalo seems like a perfect fit. Him and Spiller would be a dangerous read option duo. The conditions up there wouldn't be much of a factor with his arm strength. He could sit for a little while and work on footwork, throwing motion, read progression while adjusting to the weather. And, most new regimes want a new QB. It just makes too much sense (IMO) for him to land in Buffalo (the jerseys would look good on him too).

R.I.P. Stylish
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Still not sold on him. He is a third round prospect IMO.

I'd be most comfortable taking him in the third, but I think he probably ends up going in the second (or even late in the first) due to his high upside and the crappy QB class.

He definitely needs to sit for a year and get quality coaching, but I do think he has franchise QB potential.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sold on him, but he has potential.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ Manuel plays like a young Daunte Culpper but with significantly less arm strength. He's Daunte Culpepper with the arm of Rodney Pete.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: