Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cook done for year?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Cook done for year? Reply with quote

Kyle Cook has a foot injury and it is feared to be bad. They are flying Jeff Faine in tomorrow and per Reedy on twitter Cook could be done for the year. I fear this is a huge blow to our team. Our running game could struggle with Cooks absence.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
JayBizzle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so excited for our oline Sad
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good this close to the start of season. A Center is very important and Cook was a good one.

Here is what I would do

Collins- Whitworth- Boling- Zeitler- Smith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
Not good this close to the start of season. A Center is very important and Cook was a good one.

Here is what I would do

Not a bad idea.

I like that we're bringing Faine in, solid veteran center that will be a good stop gap. We're running really thin on the interior O-Line now though. Can't afford to have any more injuries...
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Cook done for year? Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Kyle Cook has a foot injury and it is feared to be bad. They are flying Jeff Faine in tomorrow and per Reedy on twitter Cook could be done for the year. I fear this is a huge blow to our team. Our running game could struggle with Cooks absence.

If correct, this is seriously bad news.

Cook is the glue that holds that line together.......
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If true, this sux. But injuries are part of the game. Honestly, Cook is the third or fourth best starter on the line, at best. Both tackles are more important. I don't want to lose Cook, but better him that one of the tackles.

If Faine can still play on his knees, go that option and not move everyone around. If not, Boling to center and Collins to LG, where he played against GB.

If you really want Collins at T, try RT , move Smith to RG and Zeitler to C. But that's not a good idea with Baltimore 13 days away. Let's just hope that Cook is not lost.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

Here is what I would do

No chance.

SMH at people moving Whitworth to guard again...why would you move a top 7 LT to LG in favor of a backup tackle who's never proven to be more than average when on the field?

Besides, the team isn't going to move anyone, and i agree with that. Whitworth - Boling - ???? - Zeitler - Smith

That way only spot is disturbed instead of 2 or 3. There's a better chance for continuity that way.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that sucks. Try Faine out, and scour the waiver wire. Maybe a promising rook is attempted to be hidden on a practice squad that we can snatch. I agree that I'd rather lose Cook than any of the other 4 at this point.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Here is what I would do

No chance.

SMH at people moving Whitworth to guard again...why would you move a top 7 LT to LG in favor of a backup tackle who's never proven to be more than average when on the field?

Besides, the team isn't going to move anyone, and i agree with that. Whitworth - Boling - ???? - Zeitler - Smith

That way only spot is disturbed instead of 2 or 3. There's a better chance for continuity that way.

So you would rather have a gaping hole in the middle of the line. Whit could be the best LT in the game but if teams are blitzing the middle it's not gonna be pretty. Id rather spread out the talent and have a better line that way. Your line is only as good as your worst guy. Collins is a good pass protector. Whit has kinda looked off so far. LG was his natural spot. I'm not saying move him there permanently. Boling was backing up C position, rather jab him there than bring in a new guy unfamiliar with the offense right before the season begins. Keep the right side intact. Obviously it's not gonna happen but you make it sound like it's a ridiculous idea.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is horrible news with the ravens on the horizon. Cook was needed to help out the youngin's next to him. Hope there's a vet out there that can keep this train on the tracks.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have been expirementing with Collins at LG in the preseason. I would rather keep Whit at LT since that is the most important especially for the health of Andy. This injury is really going to hurt us. Lets bring Faine to replace Cook and keep the rest of our line together where they have been practicing.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
HangOnSloopy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whit to LG is a ridiculous idea. Spreading the talent around?? There's a reason LT's make the big $.

"Work Hard, Play Hard"
daboyle250 on the sig!
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HangOnSloopy wrote:
Whit to LG is a ridiculous idea. Spreading the talent around?? There's a reason LT's make the big $.

Whit started at LG and can play LG at a dominate level. I don't trust anyone else to play there after Boling. Collins is an effective pass protector and did well at LT. I don't understand why it's so ridiculous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
So you would rather have a gaping hole in the middle of the line. Whit could be the best LT in the game but if teams are blitzing the middle it's not gonna be pretty. Id rather spread out the talent and have a better line that way. Your line is only as good as your worst guy. Collins is a good pass protector. Whit has kinda looked off so far. LG was his natural spot. I'm not saying move him there permanently. Boling was backing up C position, rather jab him there than bring in a new guy unfamiliar with the offense right before the season begins. Keep the right side intact. Obviously it's not gonna happen but you make it sound like it's a ridiculous idea.

I honestly do think it's a ridiculous idea. I'm sorry, and i'm not trying to step on toes, but i think it's absurd. I respect your opinion, but i feel very strongly in the opposite way. Here's why:

1) It's preseason - so taking any performance seriously is folly. I don't care that Whitworth got beat a few times in a preseason game. I just don't. I'll believe his game tape from the past 5 years over two preseason games.

2) You can play games with sliding protection and giving help to certain positions when you know one spot is a liability. But that's only easy to do when the line is in sync. Moving three guys around is a great way to get the line out of sync and create more gaping holes because players are out of position. Chemistry is key at OL (or any group really). Those guys can't be thinking about where the guy is to their left or right at any time - they just have to know. And that only comes with PT.

3) Collins is ok, but he's no where near Whit. I'd rather a hole at C than at LT. If you think Whit gets beat, just wait until Collins goes up against John Abraham. Dalton, run for your life. At least if Stephens or Faine get beat one on one, it's easier to double up with a guard. Very hard to double up at LT on an outside edge rush. Chipping with a RB is the only way, and we like to use those guys for outlets. And i'd rather not see Gresh used as a blocker or even chipper. He should have a big role, and chipping on a DE at the start of every play is a great way to keep him out of the game. He needs a free release.

I'd argue till i'm blue in the face on this one. And i know Marvin and Co. would agree. I'm sure, 100% positive, that come week 1 we'll just sub out the center. Sure, the line takes a hit. But it won't have nearly the problems we'd see if they moved everyone around.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
HangOnSloopy wrote:

Whit started at LG and can play LG at a dominate level. I don't trust anyone else to play there after Boling. Collins is an effective pass protector and did well at LT. I don't understand why it's so ridiculous

Whit started at LG because we had a proven top 7 LT on the roster in Levi Jones. It was more a matter of getting the best five linemen out there instead of leaving Whit on the best over the LG.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: