Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Horse Racing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Horse Racing Reply with quote

Now this is not to a thread to talk about gambling. However, I am a huge horse racing even just from a spectacle standpoint.

How many people watch horse racing? We currently have the best race horse of all time over here (Frankel) named after the American trainer Bobby Frankel.

Frankel is due for one more race before retiring to stud. How many of you have heard of this wonder horse? If you haven't then search for him because this horse is like no other I've ever seen.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankel is absolutely out of this world. The highest rated horse of all time, what he did at Royal Ascot was crazy. I wish we could see a Frankel vs Black Caviar but obviously it would never happen. Two of the greatest horses of all time.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing with Frankel it has only been in three races with more than 10 starters.

Bottom line if you can find a horse with Northen Dancer bloodlines, buy it.

Frankel
Makbye Diva
Big Brown
Black Cavier

All have roots to Northern Dancer.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
milanb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
One thing with Frankel it has only been in three races with more than 10 starters.

Frankel
Makbye Diva
Big Brown
Black Cavier

Northern Dancer is Canada's great contribution to thoroughbred racing, along with jockeys Ron Turcotte and Sandy Hawley.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Frankel
Makbye Diva
Big Brown
Black Cavier

Khodder, the problem here is the fact that none of the top trainers want to put their best horses against him. As soon as Frankel is entered in a race and other trainers know he will be in the race they pull their horses out and look for alternative races.

It's a shame but trainers and owners look to save a horses reputation for breeding purposes.

I really want to go to Champions Day at Ascot for Frankel's last ever race.

Also, Kempus putting a line through Moonlight Cloud in relation to Frankel and Black Caviar Frankel would beat her easily by six lengths at least. Moonlight Cloud got to within a neck of BC then was beaten by Excelebration (Who Frankel beat by 11 lengths at Royal Ascot!) at Longchamp.

I have seen no other like Frankel.

DistantRam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
Khodder, the problem here is the fact that none of the top trainers want to put their best horses against him. As soon as Frankel is entered in a race and other trainers know he will be in the race they pull their horses out and look for alternative races.

Exactly right.

Frankel's connections have always been explicit in their plans; if other owners and trainers don't want to take him on, that's hardly Frankel's fault.
DistantRam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Ascot today and the atmosphere was exhilarating. After a trio of Irish winners (the first a magnificent training feat by Dermot Weld; the second a great ride from Jamie Spencer; the third a well-backed favourite), we were treated to an imperious display by Excelebration, who looked blocked in two furlongs out but quickened up impressively to win emphatically.

Of course, Excelebration has been annihilated every time he's taken on Frankel and the champion himself was next. He was slow out of the stalls but was soon travelling easily. He cruised up to Cirrus Des Aigles over one out and Queally did well to hold onto him until entering the final furlong. Once the jockey said go, Frankel stretched away from his top-class opponent to win going away, although he obviously wasn't at his electric best on the rain-softened ground. The crowd was fulsome in its praise for horse, jockey and trainer and as Frankel left the parade ring after his lap of honour, we all knew that we would never see his like again.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
I was at Ascot today and the atmosphere was exhilarating. After a trio of Irish winners (the first a magnificent training feat by Dermot Weld; the second a great ride from Jamie Spencer; the third a well-backed favourite), we were treated to an imperious display by Excelebration, who looked blocked in two furlongs out but quickened up impressively to win emphatically.

Of course, Excelebration has been annihilated every time he's taken on Frankel and the champion himself was next. He was slow out of the stalls but was soon travelling easily. He cruised up to Cirrus Des Aigles over one out and Queally did well to hold onto him until entering the final furlong. Once the jockey said go, Frankel stretched away from his top-class opponent to win going away, although he obviously wasn't at his electric best on the rain-softened ground. The crowd was fulsome in its praise for horse, jockey and trainer and as Frankel left the parade ring after his lap of honour, we all knew that we would never see his like again.

True racing fans knew the ground would bring the horses closer together. Frankel was against the second best horse in the world in CDA and CDA had all the conditions in his favour. He still managed to give him a three length head start and win by almost two lengths. The most impressive part of the race was the way Frankel eased alongside CDA on the bridle with Queally sitting motionless and Pesslier hard at work. Don't forget Nathaniel is another very good horse who likes the soft ground and he was easily disposed of.

It was such an emotional day and I have never been so happy yet so sad at the end of the race because I know we'll never see him run again. A true great and in a great year of British sport this was the greatest story of them all for me!

Enjoy stud life Frankel you deserve it (Though I do wish you were coming back as a five year old)!

DistantRam

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titansfan wrote:
(Though I do wish you were coming back as a five year old)!

Don't we all, TitansFan?! A dream season of Dubai World Cup- Prince of Wales- King George- Juddmonte- Arc- Breeders Cup Classic would have been Frankel's for the taking: he is simply a stone better than any other horse in training, at least. However, it could be argued that his hesitation when the stalls opened today may have indicated that the great horse has had enough.

Did you go to Ascot?
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DistantRam wrote:
Titansfan wrote:
(Though I do wish you were coming back as a five year old)!

Don't we all, TitansFan?! A dream season of Dubai World Cup- Prince of Wales- King George- Juddmonte- Arc- Breeders Cup Classic would have been Frankel's for the taking: he is simply a stone better than any other horse in training, at least. However, it could be argued that his hesitation when the stalls opened today may have indicated that the great horse has had enough.

Did you go to Ascot?

Unfortunately, no. I was waiting for my mate to confirm he was off work but when he finally got confirmation I was on holiday and when I got back from my holiday abroad they had sold out. I was absolutely gutted because I had take the whole week off work to go down. The atmosphere sounded unreal on T.V it must have been awesome to be there in the flesh!

I don't know how to read the hesitation. Maybe he is just so relaxed now he just thought "I'll leave the stalls in my own time".

That definitely would have been the dream season DistantRam. The flat racing season has a massive void without him now. Thankfully the jumps season looks full or promise to keep me entertained!

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are milers the biggest story horses in the North?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Are milers the biggest story horses in the North?

Nah, I'd say middle distance races have the most strength in depth in terms of talent. However, Frankel was such a freak over the mile that the mile division seemed to be the only thing that mattered until he stepped up to tackle the middle distance races.

The story of Frankel was so much more though. He was the best as a foal and so named after the late, great Bobby Frankel. His trainer Sir Henry Cecil has been battling cancer all along and this horse has helped him get through some very difficult times.

It was said that if Santa Anita had not reverted back to the dirt track for this years' BC then Frankel would have made the journey (Now that would have been epic). I honestly believe the only reason Frankel didn't leave these shores is because of the illness of his legendary trainer.

To measure just how good Frankel is he absolutely hammered Excelbration (second best miler in the world) by 11 lengths at Royal Ascot and on Saturday Excelebration won the QEII at a canter against a high class field by three lengths. Now Excelebration will more than likely be coming over for the BC next month and is currently the 7-4 favourite. That just shows how good Frankel really is/was.

AtariB20

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The turf sprint was crazy. It looked like Mizdirection didn't have a chance throughout most of the race.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
The turf sprint was crazy. It looked like Mizdirection didn't have a chance throughout most of the race.

I don't know much about American racecourses but I watched every race at the Breeders and nearly every race had a hard luck story. The Fugue was so unlucky. It was one of the tightest racecourses I have ever seen.

PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankel might be a great racehorse and still it's wrong to revise the ratings of other superb racehorses to make another seem greater.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: