Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012/2013 Detroit Lions prediction thread.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: 2012/2013 Detroit Lions prediction thread. Reply with quote

Well, it's that time of year. Pre-season is almost over. Make your predictions.

What will the Lions record be?

How many yards, TD will Stafford throw?

What will CJ's stat line look?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
davisblack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Record- 9-7 Squeak into playoffs.

Stafford- 4,200 35 TD's 14 INT's

Calvin- 90 REC 1,400 YDS 14 TD's

Bold Predictions

Offense- Pettigrew will have 1,000 Receiving yards and 10 TD's

Defense- Bill Bentley will have 6 INT's
Nathanakin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Record: 11-5

Stafford 4800 yards 38 TD's 14 Int's
Johnson 90 Rec 1600 Yd's 14 TD's
Young 65 Rec 1000 Yd's
Smith 1000 Total Yards 9 TD's
Leshoure 400 Rushing 4 TD's

Avril 38 Tackles 13 Sacks 5 FF 1 Int TD
Vanden Bosch, Young, Jackson 16.5 sacks combined
Suh 44 Tackles 6 Sacks

Lacey 50 Tackles 2 Int's
Houston 50 Tackles 4 Int's
Bentley 30 Tackles 3 Int's
Barnes 20 Tackles 2 Int's
Greenwood 4 Tackles 1 Int (starts last game of season) (Wishful prediction for a guy in my economics class a few semesters ago)
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are playing the two worst divisions in football IMO, 6 of those games should be wins. 3 games against rookie QB's and 1 against a sophmore, 1 more against a team in shambles, and the other we don't even know who the QB is yet... plus two more against another 2nd year QB. Vick can't seem to stay healthy, if he's not starting I think we take that game as well. That's 9 games right there, and I think we split with either GB or CHI and steal a game against either SF or HOU.

11-5

As far as our playoff success, after our 2-14 season I predicted we would go 6-10 the following year, make the playoffs the year after, and make a SB appearance the year after that. I am sticking with that very bold prediction.

Said the day after the Thanksgiving game.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: 2012/2013 Detroit Lions prediction thread. Reply with quote

Record: 9-7, 3rd in NFC North, miss playoffs

Stafford:: 387-624 (62%), 4,484 yards, 34 TDs, 17 INTs, 90.5 QB Rating

Calvin Johnson: 89 receptions, 1,343 yards, 14 TDs
Titus Young: 63 receptions, 868 yards, 7 TDs
Brandon Pettigrew: 66 receptions, 671 yards, 5 TDs
Nate Burleson: 53 receptions, 613 yards, 3 TDs
Ryan Broyles: 28 receptions, 287 yards, 1 TD
Tony Scheffler: 22 receptions, 261 yards, 3 TDs

Mikel Leshoure: 173 carries, 721 yards (4.2 YPC), 5 TDs; 27 receptions, 177 yards
Kevin Smith: 128 carries, 502 yards, 3 TDs; 43 receptions, 264 yards, 1 TD

Defense: 47 sacks (5th), 27 takeaways, 374 YPG allowed (26th), 24.8 PPG allowed (25th)

Sorry, not a fan of our defense this year. Especially that secondary.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey DH how you gonna make a prediction thread and not leave one? i got us at 8-8 id like to see more obviously but the offence can only do so much... last year was fun but i think the lockout had something to do with the fast start. that and our secondary will be letting us down again and we already got injuries ther. i seen a set back comin but more so bc of fas and avril (one way or another) and age. if we do make the playoffs with this secondary and no run game i will be surprised abit. happy but surprised.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Reserved*

I'll post my predictions shortly.

I'll also sticky this thread so we can see how it goes over the course of the season.
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 14-2 loss to Packers and loss to Texans

Stafford get 45 TD's
Titus gets 1000+ Yards and 8+ TD's
Jacob Lacey and Bill Bentley both will have 4+ INT each
SuhPLEX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
hey DH how you gonna make a prediction thread and not leave one? i got us at 8-8 id like to see more obviously but the offence can only do so much... last year was fun but i think the lockout had something to do with the fast start. that and our secondary will be letting us down again and we already got injuries ther. i seen a set back comin but more so bc of fas and avril (one way or another) and age. if we do make the playoffs with this secondary and no run game i will be surprised abit. happy but surprised.

I feel the lockout would help other teams more than us, because the key with offensive success in the beginning of seasons is chemistry on offense. Stafford missed pretty much all of the previous year and a good chunk of his first year. As the season went on, chemistry improved and offensive success went up (especially at the end of the year). The lockout helped teams with a stable QB much more than it helped the Lions.

What 8 games do you think we'll lose? We have a very weak schedule this year.

Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ you feel your way ill feel mine. stafford and cj have been together for abit. may have not had the game exp. but they been playing catch.. i shouldn't have to break down my wins and loses for you.. shoot the guy above me had 9-7 why not ask him? they need to prove to me they can do it again. nothing they have done this offseason makes me think we got better. secondary looks worse,we are starting k.smith at rb.. and im still not sold on the aging OL. then you got the coaching. poor game management , teams lack of discipline, and the dam refs..they take atleast 2 from us every yr...only thing to hope for is the chemistry on both sides. whole thing reminds me of clev a few yrs back.. one good season, next yr all over primetime.. good thing is we have a qb. ther ya go......sums up some of it besides game breakdowns.btw why is our schedule weak?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_LiOnS wrote:
^ you feel your way ill feel mine. stafford and cj have been together for abit. may have not had the game exp. but they been playing catch.. i shouldn't have to break down my wins and loses for you.. shoot the guy above me had 9-7 why not ask him? they need to prove to me they can do it again. nothing they have done this offseason makes me think we got better. secondary looks worse,we are starting k.smith at rb.. and im still not sold on the aging OL. then you got the coaching. poor game management , teams lack of discipline, and the dam refs..they take atleast 2 from us every yr...only thing to hope for is the chemistry on both sides. whole thing reminds me of clev a few yrs back.. one good season, next yr all over primetime.. good thing is we have a qb. ther ya go......sums up some of it besides game breakdowns.btw why is our schedule weak?

"Playing catch?" Lol, Im sorry but that doesn't build chemistry. Game reps do; and most other teams had more chemistry on offense in the beginning of the year so to blame the lockout on our "fast start" is illogical.

Read my post above to see why we have a weak schedule. 3 games against 1st year qb's, 3 against sophomores, then you have the rams and cardinals.

Why don't you wanna do a game by game breakdown? I did. Did you even look at the schedule? Are you simply making a blind prediction based on your pessimistic strategy?

TheROARisBACK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
I think 14-2 loss to Packers and loss to Texans

Stafford get 45 TD's
Titus gets 1000+ Yards and 8+ TD's
Jacob Lacey and Bill Bentley both will have 4+ INT each

Your name fits alright, I can only hope Laughing

I'm probably more on the lines of RyanFuller, except I don't think the Bears will be over us.. Their just not that good to me. Maybe another NFC team beats us to the playoffs though.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHATS UP SUCKAS!!!!

Laughing Laughing

Now after that glorious entry..
Whose up for a sig bet week one?
My goodness it was a bloodbath 2 years Laughing
This time however the young lad has grown more
wiser. IM LOOKING AT YOU MISSISUNTOUCHABLE>

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Go_LiOnS

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh ok... so you wanna treat stafford like a rookie and then base your wins and loses on young qbs.. thats your logic? stafford knew the playbook he needed to just make the throws.. on the lockout im looking at the other teams D actually, i didnt say nothing about stafford... not sure what your deal is. if i thought the record would be better then i would of posted it.. if my prediction made you mad well thats your issue. dont tell me im just tryn to be negative towards all thing when you have other posters posting 9-7... is mine that much different?? you need to lay off bud. just bc i dont agree with everything you need to leave your crap to yourself.oh and how would you explain cam newtons start??

Last edited by Go_LiOnS on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's draw attention away from GoLions for a moment.

I predict 6-10. And I refuse to post the rest of my predictions because I don't want to jinx us. I hope we do better, but I see several big problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: