Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL says that replacement refs will start regular season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:
Goodell sure is protecting the integrity of the game by having these clowns ref the games.

I'm sure though, the Goodell supporters will say it's not all his fault. Rolling Eyes

It isn't though.....

If he really wants to protect the integrity of the game, he'd get a deal done.

Why is the blame on Goodell? It's not like it's actually Goodell who is bargaining with the refs, he's just a spokesman in a sense.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On top of that, why is the onus on goodell/the nfl to cave? Personally, I believe their requests to be very reasonable. Just bc they "can afford" to give into ref demands doesn't mean they should. Not how good businesses are run.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
bluesfreak74 wrote:
Goodell sure is protecting the integrity of the game by having these clowns ref the games.

I'm sure though, the Goodell supporters will say it's not all his fault. Rolling Eyes

It isn't though.....

If he really wants to protect the integrity of the game, he'd get a deal done.

Why is the blame on Goodell? It's not like it's actually Goodell who is bargaining with the refs, he's just a spokesman in a sense.

its because hes the head figure. anytime someone is the "head" of something they will get all the blame when anything goes wrong. people dont take the time to realize how anything works and just blames the person they assume have the job of running everything everywhere.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
RayBringsPain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another example of union pricks thinking they deserve far more than they really do. Go officiate a CFL game and see how that pays. I actually enjoy the new refs...from what I've seen so far they seem to understand that fans come to watch the players play the game, not flags thrown.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayBringsPain wrote:
Just another example of union pricks thinking they deserve far more than they really do. Go officiate a CFL game and see how that pays. I actually enjoy the new refs...from what I've seen so far they seem to understand that fans come to watch the players play the game, not flags thrown.

You didn't watch the games I was watching because there seemed to be a flag on every other play.. but in most cases, it was deserved.. Wink
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
The head linesman from Sunday's Eagles-Browns game is refereeing a 7th-grade football game in Oklahoma tonight.

http://twitter.com/bubbaprog/statuses/245668554324721664
Tom Brady Tribute
Charged UP

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's with twitter updates that aren't based on any reliable facts at all?
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charged UP wrote:

What are you talking about? it's legit, even has a picture of him.

http://deadspin.com/5942447/the-head-linesman-from-sundays-browns+eagles-game-is-currently-refereeing-a-7th+grade-game-in-oklahoma
Tom Brady Tribute
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Charged UP wrote:

What are you talking about? it's legit, even has a picture of him.

http://deadspin.com/5942447/the-head-linesman-from-sundays-browns+eagles-game-is-currently-refereeing-a-7th+grade-game-in-oklahoma

To be fair, that could be any referee. You can't really tell anything from that picture, the guy is 100 feet away and not even facing the camera. And being tipped by a reader doesn't sound that legit tbh. Not saying it's not true, it could very well be.

Mack on the sig
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the replacement refs did a great job in Week 1. Certainly this puts pressure on the Refs union to get a deal done.

Nacho Simulation Football League
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
IMO, the replacement refs did a great job in Week 1. Certainly this puts pressure on the Refs union to get a deal done.

Plenty of bad/missed calls in the Saints/Skins game.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
The GB/SF game was absolutely riddled with bad calls both ways. That crew was about as bad as i've seen since the replacement refs took over.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Babylon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously what?

In Cardinals - Seahawks they gave the Seahawks a 4th timeout on their final drive, that was extended to about 8 minutes due to utter incompetence. Thankfully the Seahawks muffed the opportunity.

In Chargers - Raiders they didn't give the Raiders a final play from the og team downing a punt, preventing them from running an (extraordinarily unlikely) final play to possibly tie the game.

In Rams - Lions, they stopped the clock inexplicably on the final drive, allowing the Lions to save a timeout and run their hurry up totally differently to score the game winning touchdown.

These were three end of game results where the refs directly screwed up and could have or did affect the outcome of the game.

On top of this you have many, many other situations such as, for example, in Steelers - Broncos, they allowed a challenge to take place after another play had run, AND failed to reset the game clock, so over 30 seconds of the game disappeared.

This is ignoring the many, many egregious missed false starts, inexplicable PI's and uncalled PI's and holding calls as the above posters and many others can mention. Not worth whinging about, when there's just so many direct screwups of the basics by them however.

If you think they did a fine or great job, you should really petition your team to save some cash and sign Curtis Painter to start, because he's close enough to what a NFL starting caliber quarterback does. I mean gosh, he'll obviously get better with more opportunities.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Really? I assume you only mean in favor of the Redskins, because I doubt you can name 3 that leaned in favor of the Saints. I saw 3 plays in favor of the Saints during the game: 1 A blatant missed hold on Orakpo in the 4th quarter, I believe. 2. The "forward progress" call, which certainly should've been a fumble, on Jimmy Graham in the second quarter. 3. Some BS pass interference call in the 3rd quarter that was pretty much non-existent. Replays didn't even show anything was wrong.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
tylerdouglass wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

Really? I assume you only mean in favor of the Redskins, because I doubt you can name 3 that leaned in favor of the Saints. I saw 3 plays in favor of the Saints during the game: 1 A blatant missed hold on Orakpo in the 4th quarter, I believe. 2. The "forward progress" call, which certainly should've been a fumble, on Jimmy Graham in the second quarter. 3. Some BS pass interference call in the 3rd quarter that was pretty much non-existent. Replays didn't even show anything was wrong.

I saw plenty go both ways. The Graham fumble and the PI called on Harper in the endzone were the 2 that stuck out to me, but there were plenty more both ways. It wouldn't be surprising if you noticed more in favor of the Saints, and I noticed more in favor of the Skins, it's part of being a fan. Just a poorly officiated game all around though, I wasn't saying 1 way or another, nor was I complaining that the Skins were helped by the calls.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: