Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Pryor'sBrigade.. He would of been a top 3 pick this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
JTagg a no show since they announced Pryor the starter. Shocked

Guess this trumps Papas comments posted by none other than JTagg himself, which was never confirmed with a link to article or video, but he was kind enough to supply us with 30 or so "I told you so" post.

Cricket cricket! Wink

It's called JTagg has a life and usually posts while I'm at work. Why would Pryor starting scare me away? You have the mentality of a 5 y/o. If you knew anything about Papa, you'd understand he's one of the most positive writers about this team and that quote is from a show he did so how the hell am I supposed to link you to an article that doesn't exist?

http://957thegame.com/topic/related_content.php?contentType=4&catContentId=558224&contentCategoryName=Greg+Papa&tagType=4

If you want to find the show, you do it yourself. I don't need to prove anything to anyone who is incapable of seeing things for what they are. He beat out MATT LEINART for the starting job and you find it some kind of accomplishment?? LOL that's just stupid. Had he beat out Palmer, yeah, you might have something but instead, it's the back up that the coaches have said they were extremely disappointed w/ how he performed. This doesn't mean anything Papa said is untrue. Not at all. In fact, I would say it's still holding true and we'll see a lot of during the game. Pryor has had a well documented history of skipping passes to his WRs. Don't be shocked to see it. If he doesn't, good for him.

Even if Pryor does well, it won't change my stance as it is only one game, a meaningless game, against a team that really isn't that good. He had games where he did well in college. Even the worst picks in NFL history have had good games. In fact, I kinda hope he does well so he has some trade value. Really though, I have already posted my expectations and I'll leave it up to you to find them.

This said, I want Pryor to succeed. He's on this team and I want him to prove me wrong. As I have said thousands of times, I want to win!! I know that the chances of him doing this are slim to none though.

Good luck to him, he's going to need it.

PM sig requests.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
How can you root against someone who works hard, says all the right things (and sounds sincere), and plays for your favorite team? If you don't like that, then you must not really be a true fan of the team. I don't care what anyone says.

It seems like people are more interested in saying "I told you so" after the game on Sunday in regards to Pryor. I can see it already.

If he's bad, we simply let him go & move on. Until then, everyone should be hoping for the best for the sake of this team.

Great post. Far too many egoes at play in here. Most posters just want their opinion to be proven right even if it is at the detriment of the Raiders.

Been happening all season and the forum is a poorer place as a result.

+1 its supper annoying
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
JTagg a no show since they announced Pryor the starter. Shocked

Guess this trumps Papas comments posted by none other than JTagg himself, which was never confirmed with a link to article or video, but he was kind enough to supply us with 30 or so "I told you so" post.

Cricket cricket! Wink

It's called JTagg has a life and usually posts while I'm at work. Why would Pryor starting scare me away? You have the mentality of a 5 y/o. If you knew anything about Papa, you'd understand he's one of the most positive writers about this team and that quote is from a show he did so how the hell am I supposed to link you to an article that doesn't exist?

http://957thegame.com/topic/related_content.php?contentType=4&catContentId=558224&contentCategoryName=Greg+Papa&tagType=4

If you want to find the show, you do it yourself. I don't need to prove anything to anyone who is incapable of seeing things for what they are. He beat out MATT LEINART for the starting job and you find it some kind of accomplishment?? LOL that's just stupid. Had he beat out Palmer, yeah, you might have something but instead, it's the back up that the coaches have said they were extremely disappointed w/ how he performed. This doesn't mean anything Papa said is untrue. Not at all. In fact, I would say it's still holding true and we'll see a lot of during the game. Pryor has had a well documented history of skipping passes to his WRs. Don't be shocked to see it. If he doesn't, good for him.

Even if Pryor does well, it won't change my stance as it is only one game, a meaningless game, against a team that really isn't that good. He had games where he did well in college. Even the worst picks in NFL history have had good games. In fact, I kinda hope he does well so he has some trade value. Really though, I have already posted my expectations and I'll leave it up to you to find them.

This said, I want Pryor to succeed. He's on this team and I want him to prove me wrong. As I have said thousands of times, I want to win!! I know that the chances of him doing this are slim to none though.

Good luck to him, he's going to need it.
According to you he couldnt even do that!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to hold onto that as if it means anything, good for you. You do that. He only won the job because there's no other competition but you can think whatever you want. Have fun

PM sig requests.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
If you want to hold onto that as if it means anything, good for you. You do that. He only won the job because there's no other competition but you can think whatever you want. Have fun
It means you were wrong!
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
It means you were wrong!

Ohhhhh so this isn't even about Pryor, this is personal. Yeah I was wrong big deal. Happens all the time. He still couldn't best him outright though.

PM sig requests.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

More great logic. Earlier it was, what does this say about Pryor he cant even beat out Matt. Now it is it means nothing that he can beat out Matt. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
Keleth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

More great logic. Earlier it was, what does this say about Pryor he cant even beat out Matt. Now it is it means nothing that he can beat out Matt. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing

According to some on this thread Leinart is no better than Boller so if he couldn't beat out Leinart then something would have been horribly wrong.
However all he has done apparently is beat out a Boller like QB so people should not crow that he has done that.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

According to some on this thread Leinart is no better than Boller so if he couldn't beat out Leinart then something would have been horribly wrong.
However all he has done apparently is beat out a Boller like QB so people should not crow that he has done that.

So it means a lot the a 3rd rd QB in his first year in the system cant beat out a vet who knows the playbook already. But it means nothing that when its a chance for both to start the 3rd QB gets the nod. hmmmm. thats strange. Also I was lead to believe that Matt could improve cause he looked decent last year checking the ball down in limited time for the Texans. hmmmm.

Yes Matt sucks but you cant be like oh he sucks so bad he cant beat on Matt he doesnt deserve a chance and then turn and say Oh he beat out Matt who cares that dont matter.
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep coming into this thread thinking people are going to be arguing about Pryor's merits as a football player, but it seems that everyone is arguing whether or not Jtagg is correct.

He has admitted he was wrong about TP starting over ML, what more does he need to say? that he was wrong and TP is a great football player? I imagine once he proves to be a great football player he will say that, but he hasn't, and one game wont prove that he is.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
How can you root against someone who works hard, says all the right things (and sounds sincere), and plays for your favorite team? If you don't like that, then you must not really be a true fan of the team. I don't care what anyone says.

It seems like people are more interested in saying "I told you so" after the game on Sunday in regards to Pryor. I can see it already.

If he's bad, we simply let him go & move on. Until then, everyone should be hoping for the best for the sake of this team.

Great post. Far too many egoes at play in here. Most posters just want their opinion to be proven right even if it is at the detriment of the Raiders.

Well said.

I can already see this place going crazy after Pryor plays.

big_palooka wrote:
It come down to skill for me. DHB works hard and is a great teammate. But watching balls clank off his chest on 3rd down is what I don't like.

Pryor is a wait and see. Hope to see some improvement in his game as a passer. Love his work ethic, but it has to translate on the field.

No question.

Skillset a giant factor in all of this. I'm just saying we should wait & see (like you said) before we claim him as 'QBoTF' or 'he doesn't deserve to play'. The way he is handling things right now certainly don't hurt.

It still amazes me that this thread has reached 96 pages of back & forth about a 3rd string QB getting 1 chance to play in a game. It's as if we have zillions of $ invested in him.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nbaker1933 wrote:
I keep coming into this thread thinking people are going to be arguing about Pryor's merits as a football player, but it seems that everyone is arguing whether or not Jtagg is correct.

He has admitted he was wrong about TP starting over ML, what more does he need to say? that he was wrong and TP is a great football player? I imagine once he proves to be a great football player he will say that, but he hasn't, and one game wont prove that he is.

I hope so but I dont see this happening at all. Pryor really isnt good and wasnt a great QB at Ohio st either. A stop gap should be brought in this offseason regardless of what he does this game. Matt moore, whoever and Pryor. IS what I would like to see as our depth at the position next year.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Well said.

I can already see this place going crazy after Pryor plays.

big_palooka wrote:
It come down to skill for me. DHB works hard and is a great teammate. But watching balls clank off his chest on 3rd down is what I don't like.

Pryor is a wait and see. Hope to see some improvement in his game as a passer. Love his work ethic, but it has to translate on the field.

No question.

Skillset a giant factor in all of this. I'm just saying we should wait & see (like you said) before we claim him as 'QBoTF' or 'he doesn't deserve to play'. The way he is handling things right now certainly don't hurt.

It still amazes me that this thread has reached 96 pages of back & forth about a 3rd string QB getting 1 chance to play in a game. It's as if we have zillions of $ invested in him.

Beats Rey Maualuga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad we have all reached somewhat of an entente. Lets let the boy play, evaluate that (but not reach any conclusion either way in my opinion) and then see what we have.

Peace in our time in the Raider forum*.

*I'm well aware how that particular peace ended Razz

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
I am glad we have all reached somewhat of an entente. Lets let the boy play, evaluate that (but not reach any conclusion either way in my opinion) and then see what we have.

Peace in our time in the Raider forum*.

*I'm well aware how that particular peace ended Razz

LOL I was thinking that looking at the picture to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 96 of 98

Jump to: