Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Scrabble Watch: 2012 edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gave up too many completions, but yards are not complete bad.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Gave up too many completions, but yards are not complete bad.

Yeah, I mean he did give up way more receptions than usual, but aside from a 18 yarder nothing too big. The CBs did fine on the WRs but Brown got loose on a screen and had a 22 yard reception in zone. Still don't like the zone call on 3rd and 12 since the Eagles weren't bringing the heat with the pass rushers.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are all of you all over Nnamdi's jock? The dude is a shell of his former self. Zero ball skills. Zero quickness. He's average.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it might have been 45 yards.

Brown had 14 yards on a screen, 20 yards in zone, 11 yards on DRC. So 45 yards on 8 targets is not bad at all as that averages to 5.625 per target.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Why are all of you all over Nnamdi's jock? The dude is a shell of his former self. Zero ball skills. Zero quickness. He's average.

I agree. He's absolutely played pretty average this year.
antwanh5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Because they, unlike you, understand football. Nnamdi doesn't have the greatest ball skills. We all know. Not isn't very quick. We all have known that. What do you expect from a long 6'3" CB? The fact that you can call him average let's me know you have no clue to what you're talking about.

Anyway, the defense gave up 1 score and no big plays. The biggest plays in the game all came against Boykin when it mattered. Nnamdi and DRC are the top tandem in the NFL. What more do you want?
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
Meco wrote:

So he has nothing to do with why QB's are struggling to throw against our defense?

Good talk...
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean he had one of his toughest covers going up against someone like Brown and held him to 41 yards when he is on him for the most of the game. We get to see him against Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Megatron in the next few weeks. He matches up better against them........................

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
Meco wrote:

So he has nothing to do with why QB's are struggling to throw against our defense?

Good talk...

Dude. Stop. A good reason for that QBR against us bs is because we absolutely trashed a rookie in his first NFL game to the tune of like a 6.9 QB rating. Since then, yes, we did a good job on Eli and an inconsistent Flacco, but thats the majority of the reason for our good rating there.

Yes, Nnamdis presence and rep (and some plays) have caused QBs to struggle, but he's FAR from being the 1b we thought we were getting, which is literally all I've been really saying.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Juan stop putting Nnamdi on smaller quicker WRs

That is all

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

That is all

He had no choice today, hence the bad matchup.

All in all, 45 yards is solid all things considered. People aren't going to be happy unless he pitches shutouts, so I'm not going to waste my time arguing with stupidity.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:

That is all

Who can you put Nnamdi on? He's slow as hell so he can't cover the big guys with speed. Unless some team trots out Plax, Nnamdi is a mismatch for the offense.
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoHypeNeeded wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
Meco wrote:

Good talk...

Dude. Stop. A good reason for that QBR against us bs is because we absolutely trashed a rookie in his first NFL game to the tune of like a 6.9 QB rating. Since then, yes, we did a good job on Eli and an inconsistent Flacco, but thats the majority of the reason for our good rating there.

Yes, Nnamdis presence and rep (and some plays) have caused QBs to struggle, but he's FAR from being the 1b we thought we were getting, which is literally all I've been really saying.

So it's not a coincidence that Weeden, Eli, Flacco, and Big Ben all have had their worst games of the season against our secondary?

Hmmmmm
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

That is all

Who can you put Nnamdi on? He's slow as hell so he can't cover the big guys with speed. Unless some team trots out Plax, Nnamdi is a mismatch for the offense.

Bahahahahahaha.

I'm out of here for now guys. Enjoy the negadelphians!
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BirdsFan06050 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
Meco wrote:

Good talk...

So it's not a coincidence that Weeden, Eli, Flacco, and Big Ben all have had their worst games of the season against our secondary?

Hmmmmm

You're acting like Nnamdi is the reason for that though. How about DRC and his interceptions? Improved LB corps as a whole? I mean seriously. Our entire D is improved and really pretty good, but not really because Nnamdi has been shutdown or anything. He's played good, but not the shutdown elite CB he was advertised/used to be. It's really not a difficult point to grasp.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 15 of 34

Jump to: