Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Really Early 2013 Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathieu is certainly an option I'd be attracted to.

Trufant could fit, though I'm not a fan of his and I imagine he'll be overdrafted come April.

Johnny Adams of Michigan State would be an amazing option for the Nickel position.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
What do you guys think of Desmond Trufant to replace his older brother Marcus Trufant as our nickel CB? He is fluid, and can run with the more shifty WRs, where we got burned many times this year. He is pretty much a younger Marcus. He doesn't fit very well into our press man scheme, so he would be forced to play nickel. Thoughts?

And also, who are some CBs in this draft that could play nickel for us? I was thinking that Tyrann Mathieu is an option.

I'm not so sure the issues this year were personnel as much as scheme (that damn soft zone). TE's hurt us just as much as 'shifty WR's' . Bradley's gone. Hopefully so is that zone.
union hawk fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
What do you guys think of Desmond Trufant to replace his older brother Marcus Trufant as our nickel CB? He is fluid, and can run with the more shifty WRs, where we got burned many times this year. He is pretty much a younger Marcus. He doesn't fit very well into our press man scheme, so he would be forced to play nickel. Thoughts?

And also, who are some CBs in this draft that could play nickel for us? I was thinking that Tyrann Mathieu is an option.

I'm not as high on Trufant as other people are, I think he's more of a 3rd round player but I think he's going to end up getting drafted in the 2nd. If he somehow falls to the 4th round I'd be all for drafting him but I highly doubt he'll last that long. I'd take a flyer on Mathieu in the 5th or 6th round but there's to much character concerns for me to be on board with drafting him earlier than that.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHat do you guys know about Sam Montgomery?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DT draft class is underwhelming in my opinion...outside of Star and maybe the DT out of Mizz, I don't see a lot of game breaking 1st round talent. I hope we sign Melton, Starks, or Bryant (oak), and resign branch and go after other positions in the draft.

I'll throw out a few names that I like (don't consider round value or anything)

1: Okafor UT LEO (can actually be the air to the LEO throne..don't think Irvin can)
M.Hunt DE/DT SMU (go watch him vs. TCU and Fresno..he absolutely obliterates Fresno..Former discus track and field guy. The Track program go discontinued so he went into football..Only played for 4 years, but his height/weight/speed/strength combo is honestly unprecedented. His upper body is so strong from discus that he just moves G's and T's off him )
Ogletree (doubt he is there)
Hunter I love his upside. Value is down since surgery, but was projected as a top 5 pick before that.
Hopkins K FSU (7th round) He can kick from 60, and was accurate.
T.Austin WR WSU- Reminds me of R.Cobb so much. I'd love to have a guy we could work some more uniqueness into our read option as well as line up out wide. This is a luxury pick so unless he was there in the 4th, I couldn't see it.
M.Wheaton WR OSU- This kid would be a 2nd round pick in last year's class but I think because of the depth at WR he may move to the 4th or 5th.or 5th.
Chance Warmack...no way he is there at 25...simply
Kevin Minter (Jr. LB that JS said he liked all 4 of them)
David Amerson 6'2 CB N.Carolina
kenny Vaccaro and Elam. Last year JS said he would have taken Barron over Irvin if he was there which would have lead to Chancellor moving to OLB where some of us agree may be his best long term fit anyways.. I like Vaccaro's tenacious always compete personality fit within this team.

Players I don't really like for our team that others have talked about:
Ansah (doesn't make sense unless you give up on Red, which doesn't progress us- even if we did give up on Red- I think he's too much of a project), Any DT in the 1st round not named Star or richardson, Patterson (he's not a legit #1 Wideout, he's an electric in open space, but he's not a polished WR in route running and Hunter has way better hands)..and I'm most certainly not in favor of trading up. I don't like this as an elite talent class, but there is so much great depth.

"We all we got, we all we need"
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also REALLY like Quinton Patton WR Louisana Tech

outside_Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess no one is into talking prospects anymore? Where's TheOsprey?

imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

chpjns15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Justin Hunter? I love him as prospect and is the only receiver I would take in the first round, as the seahawks. He is exactly what our offense needs. He is big, quick, fast, good hands, and gets good separation. I am puzzled by why his stock seems to be dropping, and no one is talking about him.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
What do you guys think about Justin Hunter? I love him as prospect and is the only receiver I would take in the first round, as the seahawks. He is exactly what our offense needs. He is big, quick, fast, good hands, and gets good separation. I am puzzled by why his stock seems to be dropping, and no one is talking about him.

I like him, he just has small frame and it has a tendency to get banged up a lot, it seems. He's had inconsistent hands at times as well. Other than that, i like the guy a lot. Absolute freak

wwhickok wrote:

Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

I like him, he just has small frame and it has a tendency to get banged up a lot, it seems. He's had inconsistent hands at times as well. Other than that, i like the guy a lot. Absolute freak

he looked so smooth when he played south carolina. I really want him
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tennessee?

wwhickok wrote:

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
imani wrote:

He'd project as a LEO for us, but would an ideal fit as a standard 43 RDE. Plays the run well, really solid pass rusher though I've never been unbelievably impressed with him. He displays a nice array of pass rushing moves though he seems heavy-footed to me at times. Personally, not a huge fan but I know a lot of people really like him.
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
imani wrote:

He'd project as a LEO for us, but would an ideal fit as a standard 43 RDE. Plays the run well, really solid pass rusher though I've never been unbelievably impressed with him. He displays a nice array of pass rushing moves though he seems heavy-footed to me at times. Personally, not a huge fan but I know a lot of people really like him.

It seemed like he was always the last one to react to the snap as well, in the games i saw

wwhickok wrote:

Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:
imani wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

Tennessee?

yes they played SC this season. My house is like throwing distance from the SC stadium he looked so smooth against us just his hips and the way he went after the ball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 14 of 21

Jump to: