Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals RFA LB Vontaze Burfict made the team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatriotsWin!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Surprised, but glad he made it.

Not often someone so un-athletic and immature as Burfict makes a team as UDFA.

It's cool if people are glad he made the team, but I don't see why the majority of people should be. This guy is a fringe player (unless he suddenly becomes an adult and takes his occupation seriously) and I would much rather see a hard working fringe player make a roster somehwere than see some immature kid like this take that fringe spot.

It's b/c he beat the odds I guess. Shows he's starting to grow up. (or Cinci still hasn't learned their lesson)

Mack on the sig
Siv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingshomer wrote:

What a fatty
coors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
coors wrote:
the guy strikes me as one of those "contract year" types of players. when needed, he puts himself into overdrive/focus, and gets what he needs done. for example, he has looked pretty damn good so far in preseason. why? if he didn't, he wouldn't make the team. if he doesn't make the team, he doesn't get paid. he has finally gotten a taste of his money from his rookie deal, and he wants more. he wants that first contract after his rookie deal ends up expiring. come a few years down the road when he is actually in the last year of his rookie deal, I expect him to have maybe his best year as a pro.. all coming in his "contract" year.

just my $0.02..

but wasnt his last year in Arizona a "contract year"...didnt exactly keep his head on right there

the answer to that, is quite simply a Yes. and that is what confuses me the most. I would have expected him to have a total breakout year at ASU. maybe he just simply tried, and was only able to produce to what we saw.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bohlmann20 wrote:
This guy is a fringe player (unless he suddenly becomes an adult and takes his occupation seriously).

Uhhh... that's pretty much how he made the team. The Burfict that was in training camp and preseason was a totally different guy than the Burfict we saw in his last year at ASU.

That's not to say he couldn't revert back to being unmotivated on down the line, but right now he's got in himself in good shape, is working hard and playing well.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
coors wrote:
the guy strikes me as one of those "contract year" types of players. when needed, he puts himself into overdrive/focus, and gets what he needs done. for example, he has looked pretty damn good so far in preseason. why? if he didn't, he wouldn't make the team. if he doesn't make the team, he doesn't get paid. he has finally gotten a taste of his money from his rookie deal, and he wants more. he wants that first contract after his rookie deal ends up expiring. come a few years down the road when he is actually in the last year of his rookie deal, I expect him to have maybe his best year as a pro.. all coming in his "contract" year.

just my $0.02..

but wasnt his last year in Arizona a "contract year"...didnt exactly keep his head on right there

the answer to that, is quite simply a Yes. and that is what confuses me the most. I would have expected him to have a total breakout year at ASU. maybe he just simply tried, and was only able to produce to what we saw.

I suppose, but you gotta think there were times where he didnt give 100%

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatriotsWin! wrote:
It's b/c he beat the odds I guess. Shows he's starting to grow up. (or Cinci still hasn't learned their lesson)

When it comes to the latter, there are reclamation projects that Mike Brown takes on and reclamation projects that Marvin Lewis takes on. Burfict is a Marvin Lewis project and as much as I'm not a fan Marvin Lewis's gameday calling/decision making abilities, I think he's good in this role.

Now it's up to Burfict to stay in shape and out of trouble. Marvin gave him an opportunity and he made the most of it (thus far)...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Bohlmann20

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CantStop85. wrote:
Bohlmann20 wrote:
This guy is a fringe player (unless he suddenly becomes an adult and takes his occupation seriously).

Uhhh... that's pretty much how he made the team. The Burfict that was in training camp and preseason was a totally different guy than the Burfict we saw in his last year at ASU.

That's not to say he couldn't revert back to being unmotivated on down the line, but right now he's got in himself in good shape, is working hard and playing well.

I don't know if that's exactly a requirement for making the Bengals' team. I will believe he's changed when it's his first nature to be mature, not something that is a forced behavior (which is more or less what your said at the end of your post).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: