Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Madden 13 Thread #3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris00cm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLYVICKFLY wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Game play wise, I'm still preferring Madden 12 over this one. The man-to-man defense is ridiculous and zone defense is really bad it seems.
Exactly I mean I understand if a guy like Desean Jackson beats your cb with his speed on man but on zone defense when ur db is not even close to being in his zone and leaves a wide open receiver for a td it's annoying.
Randy Moss tends to be wide open every time I run a cover 3 on him. Just don't get it. It's like the corners fall or something.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rented it for a couple days...here's what I thought

I like that they tried to add more to Superstar mode in Connected Careers, it's still not the RPGish version that they got rid of for no reason for 07 but it's a step in the right direction.

But with CC I feel like the bastardized Franchise mode a bit. The menus are just too much of a mess, they took out edit player features for even numbers & equipment for no reason., and you can no longer relocate teams or create one for that matter. It's always been my favorite thing to do in the game, it needed to be updated for a couple years now though....I just can't understand why they got rid of it. Practice is better, but now instead of skipping it because it's a waste of time....I skip it because it's time consuming. But i did like that they injected some life to the AI teams of the league with trades etc, made it feel much more real. Also why take out Fantasy Draft?

I love how they handled the draft..much more enjoyable experience. But I want that for Player CC too. I get that people would be upset about not being able to import draft classes..but it's been years since they've imported properly, had they let you edit players you could always change them once they are drafted...but you can't.

Graphics and presentation are really well done, new physics seemed fine. I like that they rewarded you for playing past versions in MuT...kinda out of character for EA to give you free stuff.

Overall they did Really well when it came to Gameday stuff, took a step in the right direction in player CC, but everything else needs work. I'm glad I didn't buy it this year...hopefully they will have an overall better product in a year or two on the next gen systems. They'll have no excuse then for cutting features anymore so that will be good. I say two years because of how barebones Madden 06 was when it came out for 360....07 was really a step up though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
FLYVICKFLY wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
Game play wise, I'm still preferring Madden 12 over this one. The man-to-man defense is ridiculous and zone defense is really bad it seems.
Exactly I mean I understand if a guy like Desean Jackson beats your cb with his speed on man but on zone defense when ur db is not even close to being in his zone and leaves a wide open receiver for a td it's annoying.
Randy Moss tends to be wide open every time I run a cover 3 on him. Just don't get it. It's like the corners fall or something.

When i run snugs tight and put my inside WR on a Go route and one on a corner the safety will never get the go WR but the CPU wont go to catch the paas, you have to manually catch it but its always open
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Just rented the game, gonna buy it later, and have a few Q's:

Arrow I cannot find the sliders to change them in-game.

Arrow Is there a place I can reduce the fumble frequency?

Arrow How vital is practicing, cuz it's very time consuming.

Arrow How do you recommend going about scouting?

Arrow Can I reduce the effects of fatigue? I had reserve O-line in a lot.

Much appreciated!

Guys?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manny/Patrick wrote:

When i run snugs tight and put my inside WR on a Go route and one on a corner the safety will never get the go WR but the CPU wont go to catch the paas, you have to manually catch it but its always open

Got that Snugs Bench offense? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:

The Hard or Very Hard practices worth a lot of XP are the only ones that are worth it IMO.

Yeah. It's in the settings somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know where I can find the starting ratings for different created CC players?

For example, if I wanted the default ratings for a Prototype MLB who was a low draft pick, is there somewhere I can find that online?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Arrow I cannot find the sliders to change them in-game. I don't think you can change them in the middle of a game. But before the game in CC it is under 'More' and if you save it it will save for the whole game.

Arrow Is there a place I can reduce the fumble frequency? sliders

Arrow How vital is practicing, cuz it's very time consuming. I try to do the shortest ones with the most points.

Arrow Can I reduce the effects of fatigue? I had reserve O-line in a lot. Yeah there is a setting in coach settings where you can set how often players come in and out, I think it's 'auto-subs'. Also probably in the sliders.

Much appreciated!

Guys?
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Arrow I cannot find the sliders to change them in-game. I don't think you can change them in the middle of a game. But before the game in CC it is under 'More' and if you save it it will save for the whole game.

Arrow Is there a place I can reduce the fumble frequency? sliders

Arrow How vital is practicing, cuz it's very time consuming. I try to do the shortest ones with the most points.

Arrow Can I reduce the effects of fatigue? I had reserve O-line in a lot. Yeah there is a setting in coach settings where you can set how often players come in and out, I think it's 'auto-subs'. Also probably in the sliders.

Much appreciated!

Guys?

Thanks, got it now!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only do the practice where you play the second half tied at seven. It's easy and you get 600 points. If the VERY HARD ones were worth more points I might try 'em. Laughing
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:

Arrow I cannot find the sliders to change them in-game.
You can't in-game, unfortunately.
Arrow Is there a place I can reduce the fumble frequency?
Sliders can change this.
If you go an easy practice (400 EXP minimum) every week of the year and do it right, you're looking at 7,000 EXP. That can be pretty significant. I recommend it.
Always look for the scheme. Even good players struggle in a scheme that is opposite of their true skill set. Check out Twitter and the projections. If you know the scheme and notice a lot of talk about players, it will help you out immensely.
Sliders takes care of this as well.
Much appreciated!

buno67

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really liking madden... I'm having fun with my CC as pat shurmur and I love it that you can build your players the way you want it. Now if this had fantasy draft ability and multi user ability for the CC this would be one of the best maddens since like 05

Who are you guys favorite teams to play with? I've mainly been the Browns and played a game with Washingon and Jacksonville

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been doing connected careers all day as a coach. In my first season, I take the Saints to the Super Bowl. I wanted to go to a new team after the season, but no one hired me when I quit from the Saints... pretty dumb.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time consuming and something I wouldn't do often but I love how practices now actually mean something. Going to try the down 35-3 or whatever scenario sometime soon.
utley4568

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get the Andrew Luck card for MUT? I preordered from amazon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: