Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones Drew ends holdout, returns to team
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Jaguars RB Maurice Jones Drew ends holdout, returns to team Reply with quote

Quote:
#Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew will report to headquarters under the same contract he is under.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/242260025014362114

Quote:
#Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey already said that RB Rashad Jennings will start week 1 no matter when MJD reports, wonder if it stops at week 1

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/242260614871916545

Quote:
#Jaguars are expected to clear all the fines that RB Maurice Jones-Drew collected while holding out, but not change his contract.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/242260871236161536
Tom Brady Tribute
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, that didn't go as planned for MJD.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
skaterbirdhouse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About time, although I wouldn't have been disappointed if we extended him I am glad that the team didn't give in to him.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Poor MJD.

I was kind of hoping that he would have reported after week 1. I would guess that MJD probably wont play much or even be active at all week 1, i cant imagine that he would be in football shape to be able to take hits so soon.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jags should make him pay all the fines. MJD held out and now should pay the consequences for hurting the team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still want to trade for him. Sad
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
EB29

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess losing 260k a game was too much to stomach. Laughing

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
ukjets21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they cleared his fines, but he really deserves to be paid by the Jaguars. More than anyone else I can think of he earned a contract.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukjets21 wrote:
I'm glad they cleared his fines, but he really deserves to be paid by the Jaguars. More than anyone else I can think of he earned a contract.

I completely disagree with all of that. When he signed his old deal he was paid as one of the upper tier RBs in the league before he had really earned that. The payoff for getting that kind of money up front is that at some point the team catches a break too. MJD decided to throw a temper tantrum and hurt his team by refusing to come to TC trying to force them to get a new deal. That deserves the fines.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

I completely disagree with all of that. When he signed his old deal he was paid as one of the upper tier RBs in the league before he had really earned that. The payoff for getting that kind of money up front is that at some point the team catches a break too. MJD decided to throw a temper tantrum and hurt his team by refusing to come to TC trying to force them to get a new deal. That deserves the fines.

That isnt on MJD though, that is on the Jags, who gave him a good deal. MJD shouldnt feel obligated to do the Jags a favor if he feels underpaid, which he is for 2012 and 2013. If MJD suffers the same injury that Peterson did last year, he wont ever see a long term contract the rest of his career.

At the end of the day, MJD caved. If he truly wanted a new deal, he probably would have been better off sitting for a couple weeks and seeing how the Jags offense is looking and if the Jags budge.
Pool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Jags owner made it very clear that they were willing to move on without him which killed any leverage he thought he had. After that, he really had no choice but to report or start losing game checks.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

That isnt on MJD though, that is on the Jags, who gave him a good deal. MJD shouldnt feel obligated to do the Jags a favor if he feels underpaid, which he is for 2012 and 2013. If MJD suffers the same injury that Peterson did last year, he wont ever see a long term contract the rest of his career.

At the end of the day, MJD caved. If he truly wanted a new deal, he probably would have been better off sitting for a couple weeks and seeing how the Jags offense is looking and if the Jags budge.

How isn't that on MJD? He signed and agreed to the terms of the deal. He should feel obligiated as he signed the contract in the first place. If he was not gonna be happy with a front loaded contract then he shouldn't of signed it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ukjets21 wrote:

How is this on the Jags? The Jags shouldn't feel obligated to rip up a contract with 2 years left.

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gangsta Khan.

#JDI
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love when the player loses in the end. I wish the Jets had the same balls as the Jags.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: