Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 Texans vs. Miami GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster and Reed left practice early, Kubiak said its precautionary. Fosters knee is sore, FML hope its nothing.....
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Foster and Reed left practice early, Kubiak said its precautionary. Fosters knee is sore, FML hope its nothing.....

Foster is easily our best running-back, but we do have at least 2 and possibly 3 other completely capable backs. Of all our stars, our team's fortunes are least hampered by an injury to Foster.

Call me crazy if you must.
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look to see Tate and Foster splitting carries anyway Sunday, if not the majority going to Tate. I see this game being a duplicate of last years week 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
I look to see Tate and Foster splitting carries anyway Sunday, if not the majority going to Tate. I see this game being a duplicate of last years week 1
Arian didn't play in week 1 last year, I think you mean week 2 when Arian had a couple of carries but Tate rushed for over 100 yards.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
amazingandre wrote:

Foster is easily our best running-back, but we do have at least 2 and possibly 3 other completely capable backs. Of all our stars, our team's fortunes are least hampered by an injury to Foster.

Call me crazy if you must.

Not in the least. I'd also argue that while Reed is a fantastic OLB, I'd like to throw Whitney Mercilius and Bryan Brahman in this one; Part of it is to see what these two can do with a large quantity of snaps, part of it has to do with playing it safe with Reed, who will be playing a full 16 game schedule for the first time this season.

Even if Reed is 100%, I say give Mercilius and Brahman a ton of snaps in his spot.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
Arian didn't play in week 1 last year, I think you mean week 2 when Arian had a couple of carries but Tate rushed for over 100 yards.

He's talking about week 1 vs the Colts where Tate ran wild on them and Foster was out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:

well I meant it being a duplicate to last years week 1 in that the game won't be close so theres no need to give Arian the ball when we are up by say 2-3 TDs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Gary Kubiak said RB Arian Foster (sore knee) & LB Brooks Reed (sore hip) did not practice today and will be game-time decisions.

Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

#Texans captains: Offense: Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub. Defense: Brian Cushing, Antonio Smith. Special teams: Tim Dobbins

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Quote:

Gary Kubiak said RB Arian Foster (sore knee) & LB Brooks Reed (sore hip) did not practice today and will be game-time decisions.

Quote:

#Texans captains: Offense: Andre Johnson, Matt Schaub. Defense: Brian Cushing, Antonio Smith. Special teams: Tim Dobbins

That means even if they play that they will be limited.

Not the start to the season that we had envisioned. While we're not 'banged up', I'm a bit nervous about the fact that we are entering the season with ailments to players like Brian Cushing, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, and Brooks Reed.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Not the start to the season that we had envisioned. While we're not 'banged up', I'm a bit nervous about the fact that we are entering the season with ailments to players like Brian Cushing, Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Arian Foster, and Brooks Reed.

Eh I think we're to deep at Rb to risk either Arian or Brooks. Tate and Forsett are more the capable and Mercilus can fill in but Brahman not practicing complicates things leaving us 2 OLB I believe.

All in all this isn't a bad week for minor injuries to happen. I think we could abuse their weak secondary and dominate time of possession and win this game easily.

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
texansfan wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Eh I think we're to deep at Rb to risk either Arian or Brooks. Tate and Forsett are more the capable and Mercilus can fill in but Brahman not practicing complicates things leaving us 2 OLB I believe.

All in all this isn't a bad week for minor injuries to happen. I think we could abuse their weak secondary and dominate time of possession and win this game easily.

Nading and Mercilus would split time if Brooks misses the game

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McClain just mentioned that the Texans had more players claimed after last week's cuts than any team in the league.[/list]
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Injuries to start the season? Not a good sign.

At least you guys kick off against the Fins. Nice easy win to get the feet wet.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys think we could trade opponents for week 1? Laughing
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
You guys think we could trade opponents for week 1? Laughing

I'd rather trade playing the Patriots on the road for playing the Patriots at home. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: