Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-1---Wilson-Press-Conference/7fb4d1ef-34a1-4190-b04b-27ae3e30e604

Russell Wilson press conference... Uh oh, look at his head apparel Shocked

I forgot about that Laughing
hdshot

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-1---Wilson-Press-Conference/7fb4d1ef-34a1-4190-b04b-27ae3e30e604

Russell Wilson press conference... Uh oh, look at his head apparel Shocked

I forgot about that Laughing

C'mon, you didn't fall off a turnip truck?
Sacks98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Seahawks LT Russell Okung has been diagnosed with a bone bruise in his left knee.
It's excellent news for the Seahawks, as it means Russell Wilson's blindside protector has avoided ligament damage. Bone bruises can be extremely painful, but it's likely Okung will play through the injury against Dallas in Week 2. If Okung can't go, the Seahawks would be forced to turn to journeyman Frank Omiyale as they look to slow down DeMarcus Ware. We suspect Okung will play.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5632/russell-okung

This is good news for how bad Okung did against the Cardinals i would still rather have him blocking Ware then the alternative.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I thought for sure it was another high ankle sprain. Thank god, I was seriously ready to write off Okung (though I'm still very close to that point).
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams center Scott Wells has been placed on IR with a fractured foot. He's the guy they just paid 24 million dollars.

Their starting LT, Roger Saffold, is still having his neck examined but he likely looks out as well.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, maybe it's just me, but I'm just really pessimistic after this last loss. We just looked so inept on offense yesterday and generated no pass rush.

It's great that we hit on these late picks, but your money maker is supposed to be that 1st round pick and quite frankly we have sucked there since Schneider has been here. Only good one of the bunch that can stay on the field is Earl Thomas, and that's because John had two top 15 picks to work with. Other than that, they're crap. I'm not impressed with Irvin in the slightest and if he's a bust so we're far behind the 8 ball.

Also, the OLine just looks like it's in shambles. Breno is average at best and Sweezy looked stupid on Sunday. Unger is good most of the time but needs better players around him. As a unit, we looked so bad yesterday and I'm hoping it's just a matter of chemistry. Whereas Ruskell didn't even try to build the OLine, this staff has tried and has made crap pick after crap pick to try and fix it. Seriously, the best player on the line is someone Ruskell drafted.

I just don't have a lot of hope for this team going forward. I really don't know where the pass rush is going to come from and I don't see how the OLine gets much better. I'm watching all of these other games, and the field just looks so small when our offense is on the field compared to other teams.

/depression
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melvin Ingram and Chandler Jones have looked elite at times this weekend Sad
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I really reaaaaaaaaally wanted Ingram... Chandler Jones looks legit as well, you see the appeal in Bruce but man... There was some nice talent still on the board that was much lower risk.
klyon7634

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Still wish we took Chandler Sad Sad

I cant stand seeing my favorite syracuse player of all time playing for a team i despise Sad

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
So, maybe it's just me, but I'm just really pessimistic after this last loss. We just looked so inept on offense yesterday and generated no pass rush.

It's great that we hit on these late picks, but your money maker is supposed to be that 1st round pick and quite frankly we have sucked there since Schneider has been here. Only good one of the bunch that can stay on the field is Earl Thomas, and that's because John had two top 15 picks to work with. Other than that, they're crap. I'm not impressed with Irvin in the slightest and if he's a bust so we're far behind the 8 ball.

Also, the OLine just looks like it's in shambles. Breno is average at best and Sweezy looked stupid on Sunday. Unger is good most of the time but needs better players around him. As a unit, we looked so bad yesterday and I'm hoping it's just a matter of chemistry. Whereas Ruskell didn't even try to build the OLine, this staff has tried and has made crap pick after crap pick to try and fix it. Seriously, the best player on the line is someone Ruskell drafted.

I just don't have a lot of hope for this team going forward. I really don't know where the pass rush is going to come from and I don't see how the OLine gets much better. I'm watching all of these other games, and the field just looks so small when our offense is on the field compared to other teams.

/depression

Okung was a great pick, and I stand by it. Unforseen injuries have ruined him. I want to see Carpenter get healthy first as well. He was looking decent before his injury. I don't doubt that Pete would have wanted Jean-Pierre to start over Sweezy, but he is also our only backup C. Hopefully Moffitt can come back healthy, because I would much rather him at RG than Sweezy at this point. At least Moffitt knows how to play a stunt.

The pass rush is really getting on my nerves. Either abandon the Elephant front, or get rid of Gus Bradley. I doubt that Pete is going to draft a pass-rushing SLB.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

And I was happy to take Ingram as a SLB. He would need to drop some weight, but he just has that football savvy.

Oh well, too late now.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see how Pete can advocate how much he wants to generate a pass rush yet not draft a pass rushing LB. Seriously, this system sucks if you're going to rely on 1 player to be your pass rush. It could be a nice system if you had a guy like Von Miller at LB, but for some stupid unknown reason the staff wants traditional LBs in a nontraditional system.

UGH Mad
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

/depression

Okung was a great pick, and I stand by it. Unforseen injuries have ruined him. I want to see Carpenter get healthy first as well. He was looking decent before his injury. I don't doubt that Pete would have wanted Jean-Pierre to start over Sweezy, but he is also our only backup C. Hopefully Moffitt can come back healthy, because I would much rather him at RG than Sweezy at this point. At least Moffitt knows how to play a stunt.

The pass rush is really getting on my nerves. Either abandon the Elephant front, or get rid of Gus Bradley. I doubt that Pete is going to draft a pass-rushing SLB.

Williams and Carimi as bookends look alot better than what we've got from Okung and Carp.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okung has outplayed Williams to be frank, but he also has permanently stuffed ankles from being stood on in his rookie year. I would easily take Williams, because he doesn't have that lingering issue.

I can understand the acquisition of Carpenter. I'll give him a legitimate chance before I judge him. He got injured just as he was starting to improve.

And I agree about the LB situation SoS. Either get a pass rushing SLB (like a Von Miller) or get rid of Red Bryant for a traditional 4-3 LE. Make your choice Pete. God, you can even move Bruce Irvin to SLB. THAT WOULD BE BETTER.
JOEJOE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

/depression

Dude it's only week 1., Are you always this Hot/Cold?

My God you've given up on the entire team & season before it has even begun., Here's some advice take a breather and then post your opinion about this game and the rest of the season. Rolling Eyes

Sorry SoS, but back in the 05' season we started off 2-2 before we ripped off 11 straight wins to become 13-3, and make it to the super bowl., You know what they say: "The grass is always greener", just because other teams have done better in the first game of the year doesn't mean they will make the playoffs. What did you expect from this team?, I mean they are a young team with a rookie starting a QB, c'mon man!

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: