Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lock it up! NO YOU LOCK IT UP! (Please Mods)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
landoc88


Joined: 13 Feb 2010
Posts: 613
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#teamStewart oppss wrong year.....#TEAMHOUSTON Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 40779
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#teamRicoStave
_________________

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 40779
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, if we could have held on in Lincoln, we'd have the bid to Indy practically locked up.

Hopefully this game wasn't just a flash in the pan type game (it very may well be, it is lolpurdue after all).
_________________

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 40779
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not necessarily Badgers talk but...HOW THE HELL DID BUFFALO STATE BEAT WHITEWATER THIS YEAR?

I'm seriously baffled. It'd be like Eastern Michigan beating Alabama in D-1.
_________________

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 34369
Location: drinking scotch with marc lasry & wes edens
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Not necessarily Badgers talk but...HOW THE HELL DID BUFFALO STATE BEAT WHITEWATER THIS YEAR?

I'm seriously baffled. It'd be like Eastern Michigan beating Alabama in D-1.


WWs not that good this year. UWO had the conference in hand IMO Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2285
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feeling MUCH better about the OSU game after their performance against Indiana.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 13581
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Not necessarily Badgers talk but...HOW THE HELL DID BUFFALO STATE BEAT WHITEWATER THIS YEAR?

I'm seriously baffled. It'd be like Eastern Michigan beating Alabama in D-1.


WWs not that good this year. UWO had the conference in hand IMO Cool


True that Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 40779
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got more votes than Nebraska in the AP poll. Laughing
_________________

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 40779
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
WWs not that good this year. UWO had the conference in hand IMO Cool
Maybe not but Buffalo State is terribad.

Whitewater-Oshkosh is on 10/20. I'm contemplating making the trip to Whitewater to see the game.
_________________

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cheesehead430


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 13480
Location: 414/813
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Sloshkosh dominates.
_________________
Go Pack Go...
*Jaboo Tracker*
237/349, 67.9 comp%, 3,820 yards, 38 TD's, 10 INT's
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 9776
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
WWs not that good this year. UWO had the conference in hand IMO Cool
Maybe not but Buffalo State is terribad.

Whitewater-Oshkosh is on 10/20. I'm contemplating making the trip to Whitewater to see the game.


That stadium is so awesome, saw it on my visit for baseball. Why WW is still playing D3 sports is beyond me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 13581
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
WWs not that good this year. UWO had the conference in hand IMO Cool
Maybe not but Buffalo State is terribad.

Whitewater-Oshkosh is on 10/20. I'm contemplating making the trip to Whitewater to see the game.


That stadium is so awesome, saw it on my visit for baseball. Why WW is still playing D3 sports is beyond me.


You can't leave the WIAC, they have some sort of contractual agreement. Its been the same line-up for almost 100 years. Now why the WIAC isn't a D2 conference is a better question, La Crosse is one of the worst teams and they beat St. Thomas, a perennial top 5 D3 football program. A win for us this week against UWW would be beyond huge.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 40779
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
That stadium is so awesome, saw it on my visit for baseball. Why WW is still playing D3 sports is beyond me.
Same here. The rest of D3 loves to complain about the size of the Wisconsin schools, especially Whitewater. They say they have an unfair advantage over most of the D3 competition due to the fact that they are all public schools. IIRC, almost all of D3 consists of private schools. Am I correct?
_________________

*Props to PB87 on the RAD sig!*
#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 13581
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
That stadium is so awesome, saw it on my visit for baseball. Why WW is still playing D3 sports is beyond me.
Same here. The rest of D3 loves to complain about the size of the Wisconsin schools, especially Whitewater. They say they have an unfair advantage over most of the D3 competition due to the fact that they are all public schools. IIRC, almost all of D3 consists of private schools. Am I correct?


A lot of them, much more than at any other division, but those private schools can scholarship athletes, while the public D3's cannot, a reason why a Mount Union still attracts so much football talent despite being a private school. Private schools can also get bad students into school from time to time, while public schools have to follow the state systems admissions guidelines.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nfldraftguru1


Joined: 07 Feb 2009
Posts: 9776
Location: Whitewater, WI
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
nfldraftguru1 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
WWs not that good this year. UWO had the conference in hand IMO Cool
Maybe not but Buffalo State is terribad.

Whitewater-Oshkosh is on 10/20. I'm contemplating making the trip to Whitewater to see the game.


That stadium is so awesome, saw it on my visit for baseball. Why WW is still playing D3 sports is beyond me.


You can't leave the WIAC, they have some sort of contractual agreement. Its been the same line-up for almost 100 years. Now why the WIAC isn't a D2 conference is a better question, La Crosse is one of the worst teams and they beat St. Thomas, a perennial top 5 D3 football program. A win for us this week against UWW would be beyond huge.


Why don't they move the WIAC up? I feel like the NCAA could do that. They'd be able to offer $$$ for athletics that way.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 96, 97, 98  Next
Page 76 of 98

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group