Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Forum: Pick Ems 2012 W14= Game Tonight!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week: 11-3
Overall: 72-48

Kansas City at San Diego
Baltimore at Cleveland
Denver at Cincinnati
Arizona at Green Bay
Chicago at Tennessee
Miami at Indianapolis
Carolina at Washington
Detroit at Jacksonville
Buffalo at Houston
Minnesota at Seattle
Tampa Bay at Oakland
Pittsburgh at NY Giants
Dallas at Atlanta
Philadelphia at New Orleans

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Integrity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore at Cleveland
Denver at Cincinnati
Arizona at Green Bay
Chicago at Tennessee
Miami at Indianapolis
Carolina at Washington
Detroit at Jacksonville
Buffalo at Houston
Minnesota at Seattle
Tampa Bay at Oakland
Pittsburgh at NY Giants
Dallas at Atlanta
Philadelphia at New Orleans

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 8-6
Overall: 79-52

Indianapolis @ Jacksonville
San Diego @ Tampa Bay
Tennessee @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
Oakland @ Baltimore
Denver @ Carolina
NY Giants @ Cincinnati
Detroit @ Minnesota
Atlanta @ New Orleans
NY Jets @ Seattle
Dallas @ Philadelphia
St Louis @ San Francisco
Houston @ Chicago
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 10-4
Overall: TBD (Will EVENTUALLY get around to this Laughing)

San Diego @ Tampa Bay
Tennessee @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
Oakland @ Baltimore
Denver @ Carolina
NY Giants @ Cincinnati
Detroit @ Minnesota
Atlanta @ New Orleans
NY Jets @ Seattle
Dallas @ Philadelphia
St Louis @ San Francisco
Houston @ Chicago
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: 7-9
Week 2: 11-5
Week 3: 10-6
Week 4: 10-5
Week 5: 9-5
Week 6: 7-7
Week (7): 9-5
Week 8: 4-10
Last Week (9): 9-5
Overall: 76-56

Thu 8:20PM
Indianapolis Colts @ Jacksonville Jaguars- This win should say more about the Jaguars than about the Colts. The Jaguars are one of the worst teams the NFL has seen of the past decade. So with that in mind I think the mediocre Colts should win this by a decent margin: 23-9.

Sun 1:00PM
Oakland Raiders @ Baltimore Ravens - This is another must win game. We're at home so we should win, but that said the Raiders are improving and I don't trust our coaches to get our team ready to play against an "inferior" opponent, so I think we'll win small: 27-23.

Denver Broncos @ Carolina Panthers- I honestly see upset all over this one. I think the Panthers have what it takes to best the Brocnos and pull off the upset. But that being said, Peyton Manning has been looking like the MVP of the 2012 season... You do not pick a bad team to upset an MVP candidate.. Even if I think that bad team with Cam Netwon at the helm can be competitive with anybody. So I see a game where the Panthers are able to keep it tight, but eventually Manning goes into MVP mode and leads the Broncos to a 4th quarter comeback. Broncos win: 27-23.

New York Giants @ Cincinnati Bengals- The Giants just dropped a game at home to the Steelers. They are clearly leading their division but this game will be an important matchup in making sure they can maintain their commanding lead. For the Bengals they're fighting for the playoffs, but at this point they're looking like the worst team in the division. I'm not convinced they have the toughness and mental fortitude to not allow themselves to be blown out- even at home. Giants destroy them: 34-13.

Tennessee Titans @ Miami Dolphins- The Dolphins have a really talented and up&comming squad that can hang with anyone. They're like the Panthers- only with a more talented defense and competent coaching. The Titans on the other hand are a mediocre unit (at best) playing on the road. This one should be a nice affair in the first half and then the Dolphins talent advantage shines through in the 2nd half. Dolphins: 24-13.

Detroit Lions @ Minnesota Vikings- The smart money would probably be to pick the Vikings at home. But I feel like the Lions are gaining some momentum. For the Lions every game appears to be a must-win kind of situation now. So I tend to believe they'll come out gunning and ready. It'll be tough to get the win, but "if winning were easy, losers would do it." Lions win: 27-23.

Buffalo Bills @ New England Patriots- Why waste space? The Patriots are the better team and the Patriots tend to destroy inferior opponents. Pats win: 37-13.

Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints- The Falcons haven't yet lost... And now the hype about them being the only undefeated team left and being good and all has begun. They're playing a divisional rival that won't be seeing the playoffs this year- a team where this is probably their Super Bowl. There's no way I see the Falcons beating the Saints in New Orleans- no way. I think this is the game where we see the Camel's back break. Saints win: 34-21.

San Diego Chargers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The Bucs have really started to look much better lately. Freeman is finally back to being a talented QB. On the other hand, Rivers looks like he's lost his passion for the game and is just playing for paychecks. The Chargers are a west coast teams traveling East. This doesn't look like a good matchup for them. I think they lose: 24-17.

Sun 4:05PM
New York Jets @ Seattle Seahawks- LOLs. Jets are a bad team with a bad QB going up against a great defense while having to face the noise from the 12th man. This game is probably a Sanchez pick fest where Russell Wilson capitalizes on short field opportunities for points. I think Seahawks blow Jets out: 27-10.

Sun 4:25PM
Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles- Both teams have nice defenses with inconsistent offenses. But that said, the Eagles offense is the much more inconsistent unit. The Eagles are in a full meltdown mode now... I can't see them winning. Cowboys win: 24-20.

St. Louis Rams @ San Francisco 49ers- The Rams are an interesting team and getting better, but the 49ers are the class of that division and the better team. They're also playing at home. This really shouldn't be that close, 49ers take it: 27-10.

Sun 8:20PM
Houston Texans @ Chicago Bears- I hate to pick the NFC team. And really I want to pick the Texans here because I think JJ Watt will have Cutler frauding, but that being said the Bears are playing at home, have a good defense, and a more complete offense. The Texans have already lost to a team in that division, so them losing again wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I take the Bears here: 24-17.

Mon 8:30PM
Kansas City Chiefs @ Pittsburgh Steelers- Snooze. But really, the Chiefs are probably the 2nd worst team in the league and have nothing to play for in this matchup. The Steelers are playing catch up in the division and are still not a lock to make the playoffs. That said, the Steelers do tend to play down to their opponent as well, so I like the Steelers: 20-13.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week: 10-4
Overall: 82-52

San Diego @ Tampa Bay
Tennessee @ Miami
Buffalo @ New England
Oakland @ Baltimore
Denver @ Carolina
NY Giants @ Cincinnati
Detroit @ Minnesota
Atlanta @ New Orleans
NY Jets @ Seattle
Dallas @ Philadelphia
St Louis @ San Francisco
Houston @ Chicago
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 10-4
Overall: 79-53

Thursday

Indianapolis at Jacksonville

Sunday

NY Giants at Cincinnati
Tennessee at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota
Buffalo at New England
Atlanta at New Orleans
San Diego at Tampa Bay
Denver at Carolina
Oakland at Baltimore
NY Jets at Seattle
Dallas at Philadelphia
St. Louis at San Francisco
Houston at Chicago

Monday

Kansas City at Pittsburgh
HBKBretHart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: 9-7
Week 2: 7-9
Week 3: 8-8
Week 4: 11-4
Week 5: 8-6
Week 6: 4-10
Week 7: 9-4
Week 8: 9-5
Week 9 11-3
Overall: 75-56

Indianapolis at Jacksonville
NY Giants at Cincinnati
Tennessee at Miami
Detroit at Minnesota
Buffalo at New England
Atlanta at New Orleans
San Diego at Tampa Bay
Denver at Carolina
Oakland at Baltimore
NY Jets at Seattle
Dallas at Philadelphia
St. Louis at San Francisco
Houston at Chicago
Kansas City at Pittsburgh

Sig Credit: Flaccomania
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh... do we count a tie as a loss (since neither team technically won) or do we report our records as x-x-1? I don't care either way.
Integrity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Uhh... do we count a tie as a loss (since neither team technically won) or do we report our records as x-x-1? I don't care either way.

Its neither a win nor a loss. I vote we all don't count the Rams/49ers game at all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Its neither a win nor a loss. I vote we all don't count the Rams/49ers game at all.

I thought about it and my initial answer was that it should count as a tie and we go with that "x-x-1" solution... but after more thought on it, we technically COULD predict the game to end in a tie... so therefore the possibility is there. And since we CAN predict it, the fact that we DIDN'T make that prediction means we decided wrongly. It's a wrong prediction and therefore a loss.

Now really, it shouldn't affect us however as everyone will see a loss following this solution... the same as if everyone received a tie. But make no mistake, we did "technically" lose in our prediction... just because we failed to consider the possibility of the tie (no matter how rare it is).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I thought about it and my initial answer was that it should count as a tie and we go with that "x-x-1" solution... but after more thought on it, we technically COULD predict the game to end in a tie... so therefore the possibility is there. And since we CAN predict it, the fact that we DIDN'T make that prediction means we decided wrongly. It's a wrong prediction and therefore a loss.

Now really, it shouldn't affect us however as everyone will see a loss following this solution... the same as if everyone received a tie. But make no mistake, we did "technically" lose in our prediction... just because we failed to consider the possibility of the tie (no matter how rare it is).

Your logic is infallible sir. Very Happy

I agree, we should all count this one as a loss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: 7-9
Week 2: 11-5
Week 3: 10-6
Week 4: 10-5
Week 5: 9-5
Week 6: 7-7
Week (7): 9-5
Week 8: 4-10
Week 9: 9-5
Last Week (10): 9-5
Overall: 85-61

Thu 8:20PM
Miami Dolphins @ Buffalo Bills- The Bills just lost their Super Bowl for this season against the Patriots. They played a nice game, but I'd have to question if they'll be as motivated playing against the Dolphins... even if they're divisional rivals. The Dolphins on the other hand are just coming off being destroyed by the Titans. Going into last week, I would've easily picked the Dolphins to win this matchup, the shaky performance by the Dolphins make me a little less confident, but at the end of the day I have to think any good coach should be able to use a blowout loss to get their young team to play again... and Philbin should be no different. This should be a close win, Dolphins: 21-17.

Sun 1:00PM
Green Bay Packers @ Detroit Lions- You'd have to expect the Detroit Lions to really come out gunning in this game and I really think they have a strong chance at pulling off the upset here, but like I said last week... you don't pick against a true MVP candidate. More likely than not, they'll make you look dumb for choosing otherwise. Packers win it close: 34-31.

Arizona Cardinals @ Atlanta Falcons- This is an ambitious pick here. Not really sure I "believe" the Cardinals can pull off the upset, but they do have a lockdown corner in Peterson... and they have a nice defense. The Falcons defense showed some holes last week, getting gashed against the run. I think the Cardinals could come into this one replicating that ground-pounding strategy, shorten the Falcons TOP... and have a defense that can keep the game close. The Falcons just might come into this game overconfident that their first loss was just a fluke. I think the Cardinals come into the game and humble the Falcons: 20-17.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Carolina Panthers- The Panthers are going to be competitive in almost all the games they play. But the Buccaneers are about as hot as any team in the league and are fired up about the possibility of making the playoffs, it'll take Cam Newton going Superman mode for the Panthers to win this game... Bucs take it: 31-24.

Cleveland Browns @ Dallas Cowboys- Cleveland is coming off a bye week in which you have to believe that Pat Shurmur is now fighting to get enough momentum to keep his job. On the other side, the Cowboys just won a divisional game and are playing at home against a team with a horrible record. The Cowboys are a weak minded team and so I certainly doubt they come into this game taking Cleveland seriously. Cleveland is IMO the 3rd best team in the AFCN... and will start getting hot to end this season- the Cowboys are their first victim. Browns win: 24-17.

Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins- The NFCE is now somewhat open with the Giants dropping some games as of late. This game will be hotly contested. But of the teams, I'd be willing to bet Andy Reid is the more motivated coach. He has always tended to excel when switching QBs and relying on his running game more. With Vick out and a rookie QB now playing, McCoy probably goes off. Eagles win it close: 23-20.

New York Jets @ St. Louis Rams- The Jets are melting down now. They have the two worst QBs in the NFL on their roster... I can't see them bouncing back. The Rams on the other hand are a pretty darn good football team and have a nice defensive pass rush. They should harass the Jets QB tandem and force plenty of turnovers for a blowout. Rams take it: 28-10.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Kansas City Chiefs- I can see it being done here. The Bengals are likely coming off an emotional high following the big time blowout of the Giants (who seem largely affected by Sandy) and so it will mask the team's issues. The Chiefs are playing at home, have a running game that should be able to play, and they have a corner in Brandon Flowers that they can place on AJ Green. I can see them upsetting the Bengals here. Chiefs win: 17-13.

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans- The Jaguars are the worst team in the league. The Texans are the best team in the league. So this will probably end up a close game. Texans survive: 24-17.

Sun 4:05PM
New Orleans Saints @ Oakland Raiders- Come on. Drew Brees vs. that horrid Raiders secondary? He'll likely obliterate it. Carson Palmer gets his though. So I can see this staying within 2 scores. Saints cruising past: 37-24.

Sun 4:25PM
San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos- The Chargers are reeling and this MVP is looking like Manning's to lose. The Broncos assert themselves and get the W: 34-20.

Indianapolis Colts @ New England Patriots- Bellichick is a mastermind, I can't see him allowing a rookie QB to beat him. Patriots at home are a tough out anyway, this is probably the game that levels Luck (well the Luck supporters anyway) back to reality. Patriots defense forces multiple turnovers and the Patriots cruise by: 34-13.

Sun 8:20PM
Baltimore Ravens @ Pittsburgh Steelers- These games are always tough. The Steelers feature a top NFL defense, yet will be taking the field without their MVP candidate. The Ravens offense is very familiar with what the Steelers like to do defensively. Now that the Steelers pass rush hasn't looked the same, I think we should see the offensive communication, OL blocking, and Flacco's ability to correctly target his options all operating at nice levels. Our run defense has been looking much better lately and the Steelers aren't featuring a QB that should be feared enough for us to not try and stop the run first. This should make 3rd downs much more difficult for the Steelers offense. Leftwich not being mobile should hurt him and allow our defense a better chance at getting to him. I think we come out and make a statement: 34-17.

Mon 8:30PM
Chicago Bears @ San Francisco 49ers- Tough string of games for the Bears. Honestly can't see a backup QB in Jason Campbell beating the 49ers. This game is a fight for the #2 seed in the NFC... and with me having the Falcons losing possibly the #1 seed. This is a huge game for the 49ers. If they win here, they set themselves up quite well for a postseason run and keeping my Harbowl Super Bowl prediction from the quarterpole alive and well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last Week: 9-5
Overall: 88-57

Miami @ Buffalo
Green Bay @ Detroit
Arizona @ Atlanta
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Cleveland @ Dallas
Philadelphia @ Washington
NY Jets @ St. Louis
Cincinnati @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Houston
New Orleans @ Oakland
San Diego @ Denver
Indianapolis @ New England
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Chicago @ San Francisco

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week: 9-5 (counting the tie as a L)
Overall: 91-57

Miami @ Buffalo
Green Bay @ Detroit
Arizona @ Atlanta
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Cleveland @ Dallas
Philadelphia @ Washington
NY Jets @ St. Louis
Cincinnati @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Houston
New Orleans @ Oakland
San Diego @ Denver
Indianapolis @ New England
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Chicago @ San Francisco

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: