Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Basketball Recruiting Thread I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Bo you still giving us no shot? I'm telling you we have a great shot at getting Randle.

I'm assuming that you're a Kentucky fan? Because Julius Randle is a huge Kentucky lean.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Harrison twins will make their announcement tonight at 5 PM on ESPNU.

Some interesting news coming from both Kentucky and Maryland insiders this morning.

Quote:
Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio
Cats Illustrated cites a source saying the Harrison Twins have picked Kentucky. We shall see

Quote:
Eric Bickel ‏ @ EBJunkies
More rumors regarding the Harrison twins....someone in the athletic dept at MD claims that the father is shopping for condos in MD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5* SF Jabari Parker (Chicago, IL) will be making his decision sometime in November.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please no SMU for the Harrison twins. Pray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Please no SMU for the Harrison twins. Pray

SMU being in their final three just goes to show what hiring a legend like Larry Brown can do for your basketball program. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Mustangs pick up a few low end 4* guys this year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Seriously can Thursday come any slower!? This is gotta be one of the bigger announcements in recent memory. Bigger than Nerlens and Shabazz's IMO because in this case one school will be getting two top prospects. I really am not too worried about SMU, I know they have an all time great coach that the twins love but it's a rebuilding project there and I'm not sure they're up for that task. Have a bad feeling that they're going to Maryland though because I feel that that's where their dad wants them to go. Hopefully I'm wrong though and they choose Kentucky, best chance to win immediately and be drafted higher.

They have a plenty fine chance to win immediately at Maryland should they choose to go there. It's not like UMD is devoid of talent.

Nick Faust, Shaquille Cleare, Pe'Shon Howard, Alex Len, Jake Layman, James Padgett, Dez Wells (if eligible)...Maryland has a bunch of four star guys just sitting there, so they're pretty good in their own right.

Also, the Harrison's are getting drafted high no matter where they go. They're staying for a year. Everyone knows who they are and anticipates them blowing up. The ACC is the best basketball conference, they'd get plenty of exposure.

I could easily be completely wrong, but isn't the question of Wells related to the 2012-2013 season? If I'm not mistaken, the Harrisons wouldn't be in the equation until 2013-2014, when there would be no eligibility questions surrounding Wells.

You're right about that, I was framing it in terms of talent we could throw out on the court this year alone.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
BBando wrote:
Bo you still giving us no shot? I'm telling you we have a great shot at getting Randle.

I'm assuming that you're a Kentucky fan? Because Julius Randle is a huge Kentucky lean.
No he isn't.

garbage
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Seriously can Thursday come any slower!? This is gotta be one of the bigger announcements in recent memory. Bigger than Nerlens and Shabazz's IMO because in this case one school will be getting two top prospects. I really am not too worried about SMU, I know they have an all time great coach that the twins love but it's a rebuilding project there and I'm not sure they're up for that task. Have a bad feeling that they're going to Maryland though because I feel that that's where their dad wants them to go. Hopefully I'm wrong though and they choose Kentucky, best chance to win immediately and be drafted higher.

They have a plenty fine chance to win immediately at Maryland should they choose to go there. It's not like UMD is devoid of talent.

Nick Faust, Shaquille Cleare, Pe'Shon Howard, Alex Len, Jake Layman, James Padgett, Dez Wells (if eligible)...Maryland has a bunch of four star guys just sitting there, so they're pretty good in their own right.

Also, the Harrison's are getting drafted high no matter where they go. They're staying for a year. Everyone knows who they are and anticipates them blowing up. The ACC is the best basketball conference, they'd get plenty of exposure.

I could easily be completely wrong, but isn't the question of Wells related to the 2012-2013 season? If I'm not mistaken, the Harrisons wouldn't be in the equation until 2013-2014, when there would be no eligibility questions surrounding Wells.

You're right about that, I was framing it in terms of talent we could throw out on the court this year alone.

Ahhhh, gotcha. That makes sense.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
5* SF Jabari Parker (Chicago, IL) will be making his decision sometime in November.

Iowa.

#JDI
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Iowa.

Haha can you imagine...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I expect both programs to start recruiting 5* PF Noah Vonleh extremely hard now and at the end of the day I think he ends up at North Carolina.
I would be extremely happy with a class of Noah Vonleh, Isaiah Hicks and Nate Britt.

I always find it funny how kids commit to UNC and then start to fall in all the rankings. Britt was the #1 PG at one point. Now they have him at #13 for the position and the #68 overall player. Happens damn near every year with a UNC recruit. Laughing

Now, I gotta ask (if you have any insight), what has caused the major drop in Britt's ranking over the last 365 days (not even that long)? I can understand the Tokoto drop after he committed but I'm a bit perplexed in Britt's fall. Is it due to his game slipping (something I'm hearing nothing about) or just due to other players developing at a higher rate?

#JDI
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
BBando wrote:

No he isn't.

If you've been reading the latest recruiting tidbits on him, it definitely appears that he is a Kentucky lean right now. Who are you a fan of if you don't mind me asking?

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando is a Florida fan.

#JDI
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
BBando wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
BBando wrote:

No he isn't.

If you've been reading the latest recruiting tidbits on him, it definitely appears that he is a Kentucky lean right now. Who are you a fan of if you don't mind me asking?
He might be leaning towards UK. He is no where near huge lean. He has already stated that he doesn't want to play with the twins. I mean how do we even know what this kid is thinking. He just knocked out some teams that people thought would be in it for him.

garbage
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Harrison twins commit to Maryland I'm thinking there is a good chance of a little NCAA investigation. The whole under armour thing is too obvious to ignore, and even if no evidence pops up, knowing the NCAA they'll investigate anyway. I really have no clue where they'll go at this point, seems 50/50 right now. From what I'm hearing SMU doesn't have a legitimate shot and this is really between UK and Maryland. I really don't like this Aaron Sr., I feel like he wants them to go to Maryland and is having a much bigger influence on their decision then he should. Of course I would love to see the twins go to UK, but that would also mean no Randle. If I had to pick between the two though I'll easily take the twins. Man I'm getting nervous for tonight, one of the biggest decisions of all time.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
978 yards (1st), 6 TDs (t-5th), 95.5 Passer Rating (10th)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 10 of 100

Jump to: