Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Basketball Recruiting Thread I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew Wiggins is going to have a meeting with his parents and his head coach soon and then decide whether or not he will reclassify. But at this point all signs indicate that he'll reclassify and then sign with Kentucky.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
Kentucky needs to add Randle or Wiggins to make this possibly the best class ever. Both would just be amazing.

My expectations are them to land either Randle and James Young or Wiggins and Marcus Lee to compliment the Harrison twins. I'm so torn by this though because I love Randle and Wiggins game so much. It sorta reminds me of how I really wanted UK to land Quincy Miller last year, but hey that ended up working out for the best. #2012NCAAChamps

It was reported that if the twins went to Kentucky Randle wouldn't want to go, so I'd likely rule him out for now unfortunately. I'm hoping that UK gets two of the following guys: Wiggins, Young, Lee, Gordon. I'd be fine with just getting one, which is probably more realistic, plus UK will still have the top class in the country. I really want Wiggins, I'd rather have him alone than a combination of the other guys.

Julius Randle is going to end up at Kentucky, apparently he doesnt mind playing with the twins as much as early reports indicated. You can likely rule him out but he knew this week that the twins were going to Kentucky and stil kept them at the top of his list.

Kentucky is going to land Randle, Wiggins, and Lee. They still have a shot with James Young but I don't see them landing Aaron Gordon, he'll end up at Cal or Washington.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Jetfan66 wrote:
Kentucky needs to add Randle or Wiggins to make this possibly the best class ever. Both would just be amazing.

My expectations are them to land either Randle and James Young or Wiggins and Marcus Lee to compliment the Harrison twins. I'm so torn by this though because I love Randle and Wiggins game so much. It sorta reminds me of how I really wanted UK to land Quincy Miller last year, but hey that ended up working out for the best. #2012NCAAChamps

It was reported that if the twins went to Kentucky Randle wouldn't want to go, so I'd likely rule him out for now unfortunately. I'm hoping that UK gets two of the following guys: Wiggins, Young, Lee, Gordon. I'd be fine with just getting one, which is probably more realistic, plus UK will still have the top class in the country. I really want Wiggins, I'd rather have him alone than a combination of the other guys.

Julius Randle is going to end up at Kentucky, apparently he doesnt mind playing with the twins as much as early reports indicated. You can likely rule him out but he knew this week that the twins were going to Kentucky and stil kept them at the top of his list.

Kentucky is going to land Randle, Wiggins, and Lee. They still have a shot with James Young but I don't see them landing Aaron Gordon, he'll end up at Cal or Washington.
I was under the impression James Young has UK as his leader right now and it's not that close either.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just depends on if Young is willing to be the 6th man for a special team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I'm wondering if they will ever lose again.

It's like recruiting in a videogame.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Recruits don't pick Kentucky, Kentucky picks recruits. It's honestly incredible how well Calipari has been able to recruit since taking over at Kentucky.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Recruits don't pick Kentucky, Kentucky picks recruits. It's honestly incredible how well Calipari has been able to recruit since taking over at Kentucky.

If all goes well, I think this could be the greatest team since the Wooden era. Heres to hoping that the favorites work out the way I want them too.

It gets even crazier to think that Calipari wouldn't offer Chris Walker a scholarship, even though he is a top 10 player and practically begging for it. No other coach would have the balls to do that. But Cal has become a mega force since coming here.

BTW, I know that it says I'm from NY and keep posting about Kentucky, but in case youre wondering, I go to UK. Sadly though, I won't be once the Harrison twins arrive on campus.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
It gets even crazier to think that Calipari wouldn't offer Chris Walker a scholarship, even though he is a top 10 player and practically begging for it. No other coach would have the balls to do that. But Cal has become a mega force since coming here.

That's not really that crazy though. Coach K and Roy Williams do that all the time to recruits in their own backyard, many of whom Kentucky is recruiting. Look at a guy like Rodney Purvis who went on the record saying Duke was his leader and then literally within the next 48 hours Duke pulled his scholarship and North Carolina never even offered him.

I don't think Kentucky's run will last much longer though because either Calipari will get huge money to coach an NBA team or he'll get the program in some trouble and bounce.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the twins going to Kentucky, no way Tyus Jones goes to Kentucky. That helps some teams trying to get him and Okafor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
5* SF Jabari Parker (Chicago, IL) will be making his decision sometime in November.

Iowa.

Haha can you imagine...

Sadly...no I can't

#JDI
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:

I don't think Kentucky's run will last much longer though because either Calipari will get huge money to coach an NBA team or he'll get the program in some trouble and bounce.

Sadly I can't help but think that this may be a possibility, and this is coming form a Kentucky fan. What Cal has done the past 4 years is just amazing, so amazing to the point that I don't see what he could really offer that makes him so much more desirable. At the same time though the guy has swagger, charisma and most of all he puts the players above the team. He wants what is best for each individual guy, and I think his amazing NBA draft track record may be the single strongest selling point in the country. Almost all of these 5 stars are going to the NBA and they know this, no coach provides a better opportunity at that dream than Cal. So I'm kind of split on what is going on behind close doors, but for now I'll remain loyal and confident that it is all clean. Calipari is also villanized badly in the media, I don't want to go on a pro-Cal rant but his allegations aren't as bad as people seem to think.

Also why would he bounce to the NBA? He already makes big money, he is the highest paid coach in the NCAA, $5.3 million which can go up to $6 million with bonuses. That's as much, if not more, money than he would make in the NBA. Last year only 4 NBA coaches made more money than Calipari, so yeah I doubt he'd get a pay raise jumping to the NBA. Secondly he completely failed in the NBA, big time. He is like the Nick Saban of basketball, at this rate I don't think it matters how much more success he has, he's not going back to the pros. Plus he's practically worshipped in Kentucky, I just don't see him leaving anytime soon. He has also said that this will be the last team he is the head coach for, of course that statement carries as much value as a Kentucky recruit saying they'll stay all 4 years Laughing (I'm looking at you MKG).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
With the twins going to Kentucky, no way Tyus Jones goes to Kentucky. That helps some teams trying to get him and Okafor

Tyus Jones was never going to Kentucky. I see it coming down to a Ohio State - Duke battle for Jones and Jahlil Okafor.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/id/8466577/top-recruit-jabari-parker-narrows-list-five

Top 5 for Parker have been released.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownieTheElf wrote:
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story/_/id/8466577/top-recruit-jabari-parker-narrows-list-five

Top 5 for Parker have been released.

Duke or Michigan State bound.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Andrew Wiggins is going to have a meeting with his parents and his head coach soon and then decide whether or not he will reclassify. But at this point all signs indicate that he'll reclassify and then sign with Kentucky.
It would be so devastating if he doesn't go to FSU. I was really looking forward to him taking the program to the next level.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 12 of 100

Jump to: