Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

College Basketball Recruiting Thread I
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:

It still doesn't change the fact that these super teams he's putting together every year, isn't good for college basketball.

Yet we're you not rooting for Lebron to win a ring this year?
malak1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
John Calipari continuously landing elite recruits is partly due to the fact that they see all of these other elite guys coming through the program, winning, and then bolting to become early picks in the draft.

I mean looking at all of the talent Kentucky has put into the league during the few years Calipari has been there is insane. He's produced four top five picks the past three years.
Almost everyone of the players that Calipari "put" into the NBA would have been selected in the first round regardless of where they went to college. The only top 5 pick that's even questionable of whether or not he would have been a top 5 pick had he gone elsewhere is MKG. Davis, Cousins and Wall were all sure fire Top 5 picks no matter where they went to school.

It still doesn't change the fact that these super teams he's putting together every year, isn't good for college basketball.

Wait, but you said "If I was a CBB player, I'd love to play on a team full of stars."
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
I'm sure you were really disappointed when UNC had all 5 starters return from a NC team...
1.) They've never had all five starters return from a National Title team, they've had their starters return to go on and win a National Championship. 2.) That is nothing like what Cal's doing. Laughing Those are multiple classes put together that result in great teams. Not one super class every year.

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Yet we're you not rooting for Lebron to win a ring this year?
I've been a LeBron guy for ages. Of course I was rooting for him to win a title. I wasn't rooting for either team when they were playing the Mavs because I would have been happy with Dirk and Kidd getting a title or LeBron getting his.

I rooted for LeBron, not the super team. Laughing

#JDI
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malak1 wrote:
Wait, but you said "If I was a CBB player, I'd love to play on a team full of stars."
Yeah, as a player I would love to be surrounded by talent. Makes my job easier and I can go out and have fun. I understand why it's happening but it doesn't make it good for college basketball. Laughing

#JDI
yupyup

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
John Calipari continuously landing elite recruits is partly due to the fact that they see all of these other elite guys coming through the program, winning, and then bolting to become early picks in the draft.

I mean looking at all of the talent Kentucky has put into the league during the few years Calipari has been there is insane. He's produced four top five picks the past three years.
Almost everyone of the players that Calipari "put" into the NBA would have been selected in the first round regardless of where they went to college. The only top 5 pick that's even questionable of whether or not he would have been a top 5 pick had he gone elsewhere is MKG. Davis, Cousins and Wall were all sure fire Top 5 picks no matter where they went to school.

Cousins wasn't a top 5 lock at all. Coming out of high school he was way too perimeter oriented and had attitude issues, effort issues, and didn't dominate the boards like he should. At UK Cal forced him to play in the paint where he dominated and showed off post moves that were rarely seen before he went there. Cal is one of the only coaches in the nation who could deal with him too because he wasn't afraid to bench him (as evidenced by him playing like 20 mpg for a large portion of the season).

Aaron Rodgers becomes a top 10 QB again [X]
USC looks like a top 15 team []
Todd Gurley becomes a household name []
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
Cousins wasn't a top 5 lock at all. Coming out of high school he was way too perimeter oriented and had attitude issues, effort issues, and didn't dominate the boards like he should. At UK Cal forced him to play in the paint where he dominated and showed off post moves that were rarely seen before he went there. Cal is one of the only coaches in the nation who could deal with him too because he wasn't afraid to bench him (as evidenced by him playing like 20 mpg for a large portion of the season).
Damn near everything I read about Cousins had him as a top 5 lock regardless. He was a legit C prospect with huge upside. There was absolutely no shot that he wasn't going top 5.

Cal was NOT responsible for him being a top 5 pick. Laughing

#JDI
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yupyup wrote:
Cousins wasn't a top 5 lock at all. Coming out of high school he was way too perimeter oriented and had attitude issues, effort issues, and didn't dominate the boards like he should. At UK Cal forced him to play in the paint where he dominated and showed off post moves that were rarely seen before he went there.

Wait, are you really trying to argue that John Calipari made DeMarcus Cousins a top five pick? Laughing

Cousins was the number two overall recruit coming out of high school because of his offensive skill around the basket and his rebounding ability. Had he not gone to Kentucky and played in a system in which forced him to play smart defense and played with a coach that actually made him address his attitude issue he probably would've went number two overall and possibly even challenged John Wall to go number one overall.

yupyup wrote:
Cal is one of the only coaches in the nation who could deal with him too because he wasn't afraid to bench him (as evidenced by him playing like 20 mpg for a large portion of the season).

The reason Cousins only played 23.5 minutes per game had nothing to do with Calipari being the only coach that could deal with him, or his decision to bench him. It was because of the fact that he fouled at an alarming rate whenever he was on the court, forcing Calipari to sit him early and often so he wouldn't foul out of games. He averaged 3.2 personal fouls in 23.5 minutes a night which is equivalent to 5.5 personal fouls per 40 minutes, which was one of the highest if not the highest foul per minute ratio in the entire country.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus UK had a lot of talent up front with Cousins, Patrick Patterson, Daniel Orton, and Perry Stevenson. Playing time was spread out.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNLV Rebels land transfer Jelan Kendrick. Third McDonald's All American that the Rebels have added in the past year. Anthony Bennett, Khem Birch and now Kendrick.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how good is Xavier Rathan-Mayes?
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK gets all these stupid recruits because of how much $$ they toss to them.

Hoping XRM picks Illinois tonight.

El Ramster on this beaut!
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And XRM goes to Florida State. Lol

El Ramster on this beaut!
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4* SG Xavier Rathan-Mayes (Huntington Prep, WV) has committed to Florida State.

Not only is Rathan-Mayes a great prospect but it's also going to really help Florida State in Andrew Wiggins recruitment.

Rathan-Mayes father and Wiggins father have been very close since their days together at Florida State, they also played together in Philadelphia and are still very close friends to this day.

XRM and Wiggins grew up 15 minutes away from each other, play AAU basketball together, and play at Huntington Prep together. And by all accounts are really close friends.

I'd say this brings Florida State to about dead even with Kentucky in terms of their chances to land Wiggins.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluesfreak74 wrote:
UK gets all these stupid recruits because of how much $$ they toss to them.

Hoping XRM picks Illinois tonight.

I think we're just a nation of haters who don't like Cal because he's gets the best players. If he was the coach of <your favorite team> you'd be defending his tactics. He's never given recruits money like Tim Floyd.

The Rebuild Has Begun...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 16 of 100

Jump to: